Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pink Floyd (with Waters) playing Wish You Were Here (pre Live 8)  (Read 892 times)

Pink Floyd (with Waters) playing Wish You Were H...
« on: December 17, 2006, 04:18:07 am »
  • Official Forum Hippie/Writer
I was looking on youtube and I found this awesome video of a rehershall Pink Floyd had before live 8 of them playing the song Wish You Were Here.  I don't know, I thought it was a cool video.

"Wish You Were Here"

Of course, that being said, now that Syd Barrett has passed away, I've heard alot of rumors on the internet and radio about a possible reunion concert in his benefit.  93.3 WMMR in philladelphia commented on it, as well as 94.1 WYSP (to my knowledge).  Also, Roger Waters has been quoted saying that him and David Gilmour are on friendly terms again, so, maybe the rumors aren't entirely BS?

For all of you floydian fans out there, what are your views on a reunion of these legends, possible or not?  I mean, pigs flew at Live 8 and they can do it again, right?
Re: Pink Floyd (with Waters) playing Wish You We...
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 05:38:24 am »
  • Surpass the impossible & kick reason to the curb!
I think a reunion in honor of Syd would be awesome, but I highly doubt it will happen.  I think Waters has a tour planned for next year (his show is amazing by the way, go see it) and I'm sure Gilmour's doing his own thing.  As for Wright and Mason, I'm not sure what they're up to.  But if it were to happen, I think simply a performance of the Wish You Were Here album, as well as a few early Syd songs, would be appropriate.

As soon as Roger finally releases an official The Wall Live DVD, then anything will be possible. ;p
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth.

God's in his heaven, all's right with the world.
  • Exploding Foot Studios
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 01:27:24 am »
  • Official Forum Hippie/Writer
As soon as Roger finally releases an official The Wall Live DVD, then anything will be possible. ;p
haha, I have that.  Not official or anything, but good for a bad quality bootleged DVD.  Impressive concert btw (The 2 CD "Is There Anybody out There?" set of that concert is amazing, go buy it).

But yeah, a wish you were here concert would truely be a good thing.
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 02:46:18 am »
  • Surpass the impossible & kick reason to the curb!
Divided We Fall?  Yeah, I downloaded that when you posted it a while ago.  It's actually not bad quality.  As for the live CD, I've got that as well (and it is amazing).  In fact, besides compilations, the only Floyd album I don't have yet is More.
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth.

God's in his heaven, all's right with the world.
  • Exploding Foot Studios
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 45 queries.

anything