Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Wii Music  (Read 2694 times)

Wii Music
« on: October 22, 2008, 02:54:59 pm »
  • Back again.
I got it yesterday, and I must say, it's a lot better than i expected. I think the reason people haven't liked it much to this point is because they went into it expecting another contender in the music game battle (i.e, Rockband vs. Guitar Hero) and that's not what this is. It's not even really a game even. It's more of a music simulation program. I would say it's kind of like Garageband, but, obviously, less "fleshed out". All in all, I really enjoy it. It still have my rockband 2 for PS3, but this is very good, and if you really let the creative juices start flowing, you can make some pretty awesome stuff. I turned the Bridal Chorus into a rock song, complete with guitar solo and not one, but TWO drum rolls.
Just kinda moseying along.
Re: Wii Music
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 06:38:12 pm »
I might get it. It actually doesn't look half bad. Nowhere near GH  or RB, but it could be some fun.

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 06:45:16 pm »
You can set it on your shelf next to your N-Gage.
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 06:45:59 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
I think the reason people haven't liked it much to this point is because they went into it expecting another contender in the music game battle (i.e, Rockband vs. Guitar Hero) and that's not what this is.

Too bad that's not the reason why people haven't liked it much to this point.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 07:27:20 pm »
  • Wooper Don't Give a !@#$%
Wii Music makes me nerd rage, literally. Don't get me started on it.
ROLL TIDE WHAT? **** YOU!!! Geaux Tiga

~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
  • Gamers & Developers Unlimited
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 08:10:47 pm »
I got it yesterday, and I must say, it's a lot better than i expected. I think the reason people haven't liked it much to this point is because they went into it expecting another contender in the music game battle (i.e, Rockband vs. Guitar Hero) and that's not what this is. It's not even really a game even. It's more of a music simulation program. I would say it's kind of like Garageband, but, obviously, less "fleshed out". All in all, I really enjoy it. It still have my rockband 2 for PS3, but this is very good, and if you really let the creative juices start flowing, you can make some pretty awesome stuff. I turned the Bridal Chorus into a rock song, complete with guitar solo and not one, but TWO drum rolls.

I am so sorry that you bought and like that piece of !@#$%.

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2008, 08:14:37 pm »
  • :3

I am so sorry you are so willing to judge a game you haven't even played or know that much about.
Gannon-banned brother.

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2008, 08:26:46 pm »

I am so sorry you are so willing to judge a game you haven't even played or know that much about.

It's Guitar Hero without the notes and fun.

Not that hard for me to see that it's !@#$%.

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2008, 10:23:39 pm »
  • w00t
I'll stick with Mario Paint for now.
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
  • Link Maze - Zelda mini fangame
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2008, 12:33:38 am »
  • Back again.
Hey, I don't give a crap what your opinions are. I just know that I enjoy it, and, really, the basis of all video games is to enjoy yourself.
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2008, 02:48:48 am »
Hey, I don't give a crap what your opinions are. I just know that I enjoy it, and, really, the basis of all video games is to enjoy yourself.

calm down jackie

making a topic about a game = people giving their opinions on it.

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2008, 03:35:22 am »
I'm really, really afraid to get it. Why? Controls. Yeah, they look natural when the people in the ads laugh like assholes but I really doubt I can play invisible instuments when the Wii has sucky motion sensing.
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2008, 05:57:19 pm »
  • Back again.
I know, people will give their opinions about it. It doesn't mean I have to enjoy them.

Anyone, to Reo:

The controls are actually pretty responsive. You have to have a kind of understanding of the intstrument to make them sound good, though.
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2008, 03:46:48 am »

calm down jackie

making a topic about a game = people giving their opinions on it.
Making a post on a forum = People giving their opinion on it.

Dunno 'bout Wii Music I might rent it and give it a shot though it's more likely I just won't play it and all :P I tend to do that with most games I think could be okay. "Hey yeah that sounds kinda like fun", then I'm all like, but do I really want to spend money on it?"
I made a thing! Please try the thing, it's what the kids are calling a "vidja game" for the iOS Splashy Bucket
  • Fictitious Spoon Productions
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2008, 07:41:38 pm »
  • Your expression has changed too
Hate to contribute to what will probably end in flame wars, but I've been meaning to get my feelings about Wii Music out for a while now. Now, everyone knows that Nintendo has been changing their aim to casual games lately (well, I see it as them appealing to a different audience in between their "hardcore" games, but thats a story for another day), but in the past these games have at least had a point. In Wii Sports, you can win and you can lose, in Wii Play you go for high scores, and I don't think anyone thinks of Wii Fit as a game, but the goal is basically to get or stay fit. But Wii Music is different. In Wii Music there is no goal. It won't teach you how to play an instrument. There are no scores to be had. You can't win and you can't lose. All the game consists of is swinging your arms in a way that slightly resembles playing an instrument. Yes, I'm sure at least some people will find that fun, but I'm not even sure how many casual gamers will enjoy a video game that lacks anything resembling a video game.
Ghoster Poster
  • I have a Twitter if you're into that kinda thing
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2008, 09:51:53 pm »
The gameplay looks lame in my opinion. But it might be a lot fun! I suppose I should give it a try. Although one thing really bugs me! And that's the fact Nintendo used midi's....
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2008, 11:07:31 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
It doesn't look that appealing to me. I'm a fan of rhythm games. You know, real ones, like Guitar Hero, Rock Band, DDR.

Mod edit: Stop advertising.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 05:50:52 pm by walnut100 »
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2008, 01:02:49 am »
XD How the heck did zconnect of all places receive a review copy of a game?

Probably just bought it.

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2008, 01:20:28 am »
  • Lionfish App dev
Nah man, we get review copies of tons of games.

Dragon Quest: The Chapters of the Chosen
Baroque
Fallout 3
Final Fantasy IV DS
Infinite Undiscovery
PDC World Championship Darts (for PSP and XBOX 360)
Pirates: Duels on the High Seas
R-Type Tactics

to name a few.
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2008, 01:37:24 am »
Nah man, we get review copies of tons of games.

Dragon Quest: The Chapters of the Chosen
Baroque
Fallout 3
Final Fantasy IV DS
Infinite Undiscovery
PDC World Championship Darts (for PSP and XBOX 360)
Pirates: Duels on the High Seas
R-Type Tactics

to name a few.

you're getting a review copy of Fallout 3? Seriously? If so, I hereby volunteer my services as game critic.

"It is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth" - Jack, The Importance of Being Ernest
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.279 seconds with 78 queries.

anything