Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Future.  (Read 10132 times)

Re: The Future.
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2008, 08:45:36 am »
What's an acronym?
Seriously?  ZFGC is an acronym for Zelda Fan Game Central.  The letters in "ZFGC" are formed from the first letters of each of the words in "Zelda Fan Game Central".

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2008, 08:47:56 am »
Oh! Thanks 4Sword. I agree to keep it until we find a better acronym.
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2008, 08:49:31 am »
Although I understand why you want to change the name infinitus, I still disagree.
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2008, 08:51:43 am »
Although I understand why you want to change the name infinitus, I still disagree.

Any elaboration on why the name shouldn't be changed?
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2008, 08:52:29 am »
I have a reason for.

If we keep it as ZFGC, people will think it's just a zelda community
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2008, 09:51:07 am »
People will think that only if they see Zelda imagery everywhere when they first get here.  The way we have it now, our projects boards are fully integrated in terms of having Zelda and Misc. games together.  It is not like broadening our focus is running away from Zelda or is letting Misc. take over and keeping the name as "ZFGC" is ambiguous enough if the imagery on a default theme is kept either balanced or as non-Zelda as possible.  Seeing Zelda everywhere is what would dissuade someone who is interested in something else and as long as there is something else here, there will be a better chance of them staying or of us being useful.  The name "ZFGC" also does not come off as generic in that it does not mean anything really in itself.

mit

« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2008, 10:42:00 am »
  • QBASIC programmer since age 4. Take that, world.
My thoughts: Do not change the name. EVER.

As for the proposed board layout, I'd prefer it if Tutorials was changed back to Coding and Examples. Nicer would be to have, for each resource, a Discussion and Help board, and an Examples and Tutorials board. But that may not be necessary if the site is done well.

As for the site, I've had a million ideas that no one ever listened to, so they can't be that good...
Programmer / Spriter / Level designer / Game Director / Web Designer / Music Sequencer for
Random Highscore table:

Play the Kousou Arcade today!
  • Kousou Games
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2008, 10:43:50 am »
As for the proposed board layout, I'd prefer it if Tutorials was changed back to Coding and Examples. Nicer would be to have, for each resource, a Discussion and Help board, and an Examples and Tutorials board. But that may not be necessary if the site is done well.
(Its a menu layout for the site, not board). Though thats fair enough as well.

As for the site, I've had a million ideas that no one ever listened to, so they can't be that good...
Feel free to eleborate, I'm writing the site at the moment so its your main chance to get things implemented in it.
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2008, 07:20:14 pm »
(Its a menu layout for the site, not board). Though thats fair enough as well.

Feel free to eleborate, I'm writing the site at the moment so its your main chance to get things implemented in it.

The Menu system for the resources != forum. I think the goal is to better organize the content on the forum in a static location on the website. Less sticky topics, and people don't have to make a thread to find a specific resource... unless it's not listed.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2008, 12:26:09 am »
  • The Mike
Hmm... Well, I say the site should just be called ZFGC. Forget dropping Zelda or changing the name. I like ZFGC just fine but if you want to move away from Zelda, that's fine, just leave the name as ZFGC.

That website layout looks alright but it could look more professional. I like how it looks a bit similar to Zentendo and I like their layout a lot. I say use a smaller advertisement and place it in a certain spot after you have everything setup. I would prefer the normal navigation to the left of the layout than what you have there but that's just me. I'm sure if you could move the advert. somewhere else, you could move the POTW and Recent Posts over to the right. I dunno, it's your plan but I'm just giving some suggestions. I think adding different elements into it to give it some sort of charm would help I guess to make it appeal. I know you can't make the layout stand out like Zelda Dungeon and Zelda Universe (again, back to Zelda for a moment) or any other site that has a flashy layout like theirs but you could come up with something. Also, I'm sure some of us members would like to help out with designs or whatever for the main website if you want.

The banner could use a redesign for sure unless it's just a placeholder. I know adding Link would defeat the purpose of the whole moving away from Zelda but I think you should add characters from the more popular fan games on the forum like The Shadowgazer and Twinsen. Get character art of the main characters and have them in the banner other than just Link.

I'm sure you probably know this but I know some sites have many different features which appeal to different members and visitors. Different profiles for the popular fan games would be a start. I know the fan games have their own topic but with a profile or it's own game page on the site, it would be more organized and you can make it look nicer than a forum topic post. Image Galleries, an Affiliates list (I mentioned something about this a long time ago), etc. I remember Zelda Legacy had this feature where you could put up your own articles on things like theories, facts, stuff like that. Can't remember what they called it but that would be something. Well, there's so many unique things you can come up with but it's hard to come up with a good one.

That's all I can say right now. If I can think of anything else, I'll post them up.

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2008, 12:35:54 am »
Feel free to design mockups if you fell you can come up with something better, I detest web-dev so mine is probably not all that good.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.314 seconds with 58 queries.