Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Spam Is Back  (Read 10236 times)

Re: Spam Is Back
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2008, 01:58:52 pm »
So hang on, if I got myself 5 credits right now, but then did nothing else for over 30 days, my credits would go down to zero?

That sucks.
Yup. The idea is continued productivity. Rather than just getting enough credits then becoming just a waste of bandwidth from then on :P.

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2008, 02:28:49 pm »
  • The Mike
Shouldn't the Games and Resources count still be there to show that you uploaded that stuff? It would be kind of useless but maybe interesting for some members who care about stuff like that.

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2008, 02:55:03 pm »
Shouldn't the Games and Resources count still be there to show that you uploaded that stuff?
I'm not sure I get you O_o. The games and resources fields are always there, they always show the exact number of games or resources you've uploaded

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2008, 02:57:38 pm »
  • The Mike
Even after you use the credits? Nevermind then. I'm still trying to get used to the new stuff.

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2008, 03:04:44 pm »
Even after you use the credits? Nevermind then. I'm still trying to get used to the new stuff.
Yeh the credits thing is calculated dynamically, it dosen't have any effect on the game or resource count.

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2008, 05:40:40 pm »
  • :3
How about we can buy credits with our rupees? These credits will only last 30 days, so even if you buy say 1000 of them thinking they'd last ages, they'd still all be gone after that time. It would encourage more posting. Or how about keeping that to game-related boards, such as ZFGCCP? We need to have a way for people with no materials to upload to gain access, too, rather than keeping it as a sort of elite clientele.
Gannon-banned brother.

« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2008, 05:42:14 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
I think in addition to the resource system, simply having members request moderator approval to visit Spam or having to post a certain amount of posts in other boards per week would be another good option...but a !@#$% to code.

This sounds like a good idea.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2008, 05:45:49 pm »
We need to have a way for people with no materials to upload to gain access, too, rather than keeping it as a sort of elite clientele.
There are always resources to upload. There are billions from many different games. Hell you could even do what FISSURE did, upload all the scrapped projects of members who no longer visit.

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2008, 05:48:57 pm »
  • Xiphirx
I basically got stuff from the spriters resource :D
  • For The Swarm
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2008, 05:51:14 pm »
I basically got stuff from the spriters resource :D
Only if you have permission. If we find you've uploaded stuff that the author didn't give permission to upload outside of a designated site (eg. some sprites on TSR), we'll remove it and probably punish you.

I will point you to their rules section;

http://www.spriters-resource.com/resources/rules/

Site Archiving
Site archiving is basically going onto tSR, downloading a sheet, and then sticking it onto your website without asking the sheet maker's permission. This is one of the most crucial rules we have, most likely, in that we are entrusted to have these sheets, and you are not. As such, you do not have permission from the sheet maker to host the file on your website.
If you do want to put a sprite sheet onto your website, feel free to contact the sheet maker and ask them for permission - We suggest that it's the least you do if you plan to put their content on to your website.

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2008, 05:52:55 pm »
  • Xiphirx
Usually, the spriter puts "ONLY TO BE USED ON TSR" on their sheet.

But whatever, there are like 2 legit sprites that I made :D
  • For The Swarm
« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2008, 06:30:46 pm »
If people want, they will take resources from TSR (or another website), remove the author tag, change the background color of the sheet, move the sprites and upload the resources here.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 02:27:34 pm by Venyux »
« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2008, 06:35:55 pm »
You know that if people want, they will take resources from TSR (or any other website), remove the author tag, change the background color of the sheet, move the sprites and upload the resources here?
Well duh. Its not a matter of being able to disguse it, its a matter of honouring the authors requests.
« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2008, 06:38:59 pm »
The funny thing about that is there sometimes are flaws in the sprites of TSR; the rippers are not perfect.  Perhaps this is something that I would only notice, but if someone changes the background color, they are probably going to be amateur about it and places where the sprite contains the original background color will not get changed.  Moving images around, if not done precisely, can be perceived by the viewer due to the layout of the sheet.  They will probably leave sections of similar sprites a certain way, so it would be easy to compare using that.  In my opinion, trying to pass something off as your own like that would be too much work.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2008, 07:23:42 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
The funny thing about that is there sometimes are flaws in the sprites of TSR; the rippers are not perfect.  Perhaps this is something that I would only notice, but if someone changes the background color, they are probably going to be amateur about it and places where the sprite contains the original background color will not get changed.  Moving images around, if not done precisely, can be perceived by the viewer due to the layout of the sheet.  They will probably leave sections of similar sprites a certain way, so it would be easy to compare using that.  In my opinion, trying to pass something off as your own like that would be too much work.

I notice it too... They're improperly ripped. They like to take things with multiple sprites used and pass them off as 1 sprite :s It's lame... They also do not properly align their sprites, or give a rule for spacing the sprites, making it annoying to sequence them and keep them all on-axis... Its blegh
« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2008, 01:59:18 pm »
I think the SPAM activity will decrease from 100% to 5%...
« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2008, 02:18:20 pm »
I think the SPAM activity will decrease from 100% to 5%...
Good. Isn't that the whole point?
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 70 queries.