Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Is Thor real?  (Read 5302 times)

La Sexorcisto HK

Is Thor real?
« on: August 09, 2006, 07:51:54 pm »
It's same as when somebody says, "Oh, well Christianity must have SOME truth to it. It's not like anyone has that good of an imagination to just make it all up." The greeks, romans, and norse all have a common mythology. Multiple gods such as Odin, Thor, Zeus, Poseidon, etc etc. And while I'm not exactly sure on the connectivity between them all, like I said, there must be some truth to all of the myths. ZFGC, I ask you, could Thor be real?

Re: Is Thor real?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 07:56:34 pm »
Do you even know the definition of a myth

myth:a usually traditional story of ostensibly historical events that serves to unfold part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon.

a nother word for myth was urban legend.theres evidence that there was people believing in mythology but no evidence of it being true.Thats why its called mythology.

La Sexorcisto HK

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2006, 07:58:27 pm »
It was more of a religion then. We just call them myths today for some reason.
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2006, 08:02:28 pm »
yes but now we know its not real.It started because they  liked beliving in it.They would make sacrifices which is wrong.Why would you kill someone just to make someone happy.Thats murder.Its still arround but now known as a cult.

La Sexorcisto HK

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2006, 08:03:54 pm »
No, it isn't still around. Sacrifices were seen as honorable things in that time period. There aren't any Cults of Zeus or anything popping up. You don't know what you're talking about.
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2006, 08:12:54 pm »
I studied on it and yes.in some countries theres small groups of people that still belive in mythology
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2006, 08:13:39 pm »
yes but now we know its not real.It started because they  liked beliving in it.They would make sacrifices which is wrong.Why would you kill someone just to make someone happy.Thats murder.Its still arround but now known as a cult.
Christianity along with other religions did sacrifice to appease God and gods back then.  If you do not know that, then ask for an example.  I guess Christians doing it makes it right though.
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2006, 08:15:19 pm »
Actually it is still around, why do you think cults do group suicides or or go on shooting rampages? And your right there arewnt cults of Zues popping up because they tend to follow people they think is Christ ect. Like that one guy a while back(damnit fergot his name). But myths like Thor, Odin ,Zues,ect could be true in a sense, most myths like that were usually exceptional warriors or things like that, that people exagerated into being gods :-\
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2006, 08:23:40 pm »
I like to believe Thor is real, but thats becuase my religion is the religion of honour and battle, not really a religion but it was what most warriors believe in

Source

Internet Tough Guy.
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2006, 08:55:44 pm »
  • Things to see and people to do.
Christianity along with other religions did sacrifice to appease God and gods back then.  If you do not know that, then ask for an example.  I guess Christians doing it makes it right though.

Um, not the same thing. The other civilizations sacrificed other humans. Christians sacrificed animals.

But (this is a real question)...WHO THE !@#$% BELIEVES IN THOR!? It's been proven that it's a myth. Myths are not real.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone thought to themselves "You know, I really want to set those people over there on fire." - George Carlin

(!@#$%)

Hear the haunting words (They'll find you alone)
lost children with no heart are crying (Turning their hearts into stone)
and you're the lost mother they're calling
Go now, run and hide (seek more than vengeance)
I hear them crying at night (your pain is their satisfaction)
outside when the planets are falling (for the rest of time)
They want to feel and know you hear them (Go now, run and hide)

• http://giantcock.netne.net/
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2006, 08:59:26 pm »
  • IBV

Um, not the same thing. The other civilizations sacrificed other humans. Christians sacrificed animals.
Humans are animals.
My signature is empty.
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2006, 09:10:38 pm »
Christians sacrificed animals as a way to compensate for humans.  The ideas are similar in that God viewed human life differently but said to sacrifice animals because they were more of a material thing back then.  Also, God tells Abraham to kill Isaac his son as a sacrifice unto God, but an angel intervened and substituted an animal.  The idea was not so far-fetched to say that if no animal substitute was available that a human would be sacrificed.

What makes you so sure that he is a myth?  Do you have proof?  I see lightening, that could be his work.  Sure natural means might exlain it, but why does it happen?  Does it want to happen so it does?  Thor must have inspired the lightening.  What makes this so different from other beliefs.

Source

Internet Tough Guy.
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2006, 09:13:32 pm »
Christians sacrificed animals as a way to compensate for humans.  The ideas are similar in that God viewed human life differently but said to sacrifice animals because they were more of a material thing back then.  Also, God tells Abraham to kill Isaac his son as a sacrifice unto God, but an angel intervened and substituted an animal.  The idea was not so far-fetched to say that if no animal substitute was available that a human would be sacrificed.

Your theory is flawes. Read the bible more carefully. It says that God was testing Abraham's loyalty, and never intended for Isaac to actually die. When he saw Abraham's loyalty, he then provided the ram. (Don't pop up and say "But...[something]", for I will just ignore you.)

I'm sure he's a myth because, well, he's a myth.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone thought to themselves "You know, I really want to set those people over there on fire." - George Carlin

(!@#$%)

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2006, 09:24:50 pm »
The only thing wrong with what I said was that I assumed him to be Christian when he predates Christ; not sure.  He was more of a Jew.  Let me rephrase what I said: Christianity does not teach human sacrifice, but there are parts in it which do not condemn human sacrifice.  The king of Edom gave his firstborn son and heir as a whole burnt offering.  Also, there is something in Judges that involves a battle winner saying how he will slay the first of his kin who enters his house as a way of thanking God for the victory.  God still told Issac though to sacrifice his son whether or not he meant it, and I thought that the angel provided the ram?

I think it is a myth because it is a myth?  You only think it is a myth and how would you know if it was real or fake. 

Source

Internet Tough Guy.
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2006, 09:29:01 pm »

(!@#$%)

« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2006, 09:30:31 pm »
By those definitions, Christianity could just as well be a myth as it is a religion. 

Source

Internet Tough Guy.
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2006, 09:33:52 pm »
Myth: Something that is made-up. Bigfoot is a myth. The Loch Ness Monster is a myth. Thor is a myth.

Christianity is not a myth, because there are references in both the Bible and official Arabic records and documents explaining the same miracle. Thor was made up by some drunk Viking.

(!@#$%)

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2006, 09:35:50 pm »
  • 7.18.1.3.5 <3
I agree with everything La Sexorcisto HK said,
there's nothing wrong with what he said.
By those definitions, Christianity could just as well be a myth as it is a religion. 
well like what, La Sexorcisto HK said
It wasn't proven to be true, that's why it's called Myth.
Noone can prove the bible is false, so not so much a "myth"
SSBB FC: 4639-8685-4595
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2006, 09:43:07 pm »
You have offended my Viking ancestory by calling my hero a drunk.  You should be ashamed of yourself.  There have been numerous accounts of bigfoot sightings described by different people, but not everyone believes in bigfoot.  Why?  Obvious really, because it is too much to believe in.  Just because a lot of people say the same thing does not make it true.

In case my meaning is misunderstood.  I think that Thor and God are like peas in a pod. 

Source

Internet Tough Guy.
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2006, 09:48:44 pm »
You have offended my Viking ancestory by calling my hero a drunk.  You should be ashamed of yourself.

Sorry about that. I didn't know. :-[

(!@#$%)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.353 seconds with 80 queries.