Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Dev Journal] Platformer Engine ~ Current Build 002  (Read 1605 times)

[Dev Journal] Platformer Engine ~ Current Build ...
« on: November 12, 2011, 07:53:58 pm »
Theforeshadower's Platformer Engine

Current Build 002
Check attachments.  Looking for feedback on collisions and the ramp system.  I have a script for moving on ramps but it moved the player in an arc motion which obviously that is what the code does.  Still gotta work on it but right now transitions and collisions while moving horizontally seem solid.  Arrow keys move and space resets the room.
There is no gravity system yet.

Next Build Goals
-gravity
-refined ramp system
-jumping
-jump/fall through platforms

Goal
Create a powerful, yet simple platformer engine with a physics system similar to Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and Dawn of Sorrow.

General QA
Why is this different from previous projects I never finished?
I am trying to use scripts more than I ever used to.  This is to help me grasp classes/methods better with real programming languages such as Python and C#.

Why are you making this project?
There are three platform game ideas I have alot of material on but no code.  Two are fan games where as one is an original idea.  I want to get a good prototype going in Game Maker 8 then move on to XNA 4 and possibly other languages such as Java and SDL or SFML.

Will I be able to use this in my projects?
Yes, however, there are conditions.  I must be notified.  Credit must be given.  I may change my mind at any time.

What are your game ideas?
Not divulging that information yet.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 36 queries.