Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 52   Go Down

Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: The Shadowgazer is dead - long live The Shadowgazer!  (Read 386410 times)

Re: The Legend of Zelda: The Shadowgazer (15/6/2...
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2006, 07:10:45 pm »
It looks AWESOME and the demo plays very very well.
I hope you finish it.
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2006, 10:26:48 am »
Could I PLEASE have some of the sprites ripped from MC (like the bombs, moving trees, and the effect that appears when the boomerang hits something)?
MC Bombs:

Clang effect ripped  from Four Swords:

Both are 32 x 32 strips.

The shaking tree is just the tree top sprite being rotated in GM.

I hope you finish it.
Thanks, I fully intend to.   :D
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2006, 01:47:39 pm »
Hehehe very nice indeed, liked the little touch added with the shaking trees :D and as someone said, pitty about the no epona but makes sence not to make it playable untill the final release. Good luck with the project :D.

I ♥ Open Girlfriend (What!? I didn't add this.. must have been Solly!)
  • My DevArt Account

Ben

« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2006, 02:04:30 pm »
Hmm, I'll be pernickity. I couldn't find too much wrong with it ;) But I wasn't looking that hard.

I was a little disconcerted when all of a sudden link gets thrown back by rolling into stuff, there's no sound effect.
You can't pick up bushes
You can only get knocked back when you whilst right next to it.
The bomb explosion is below where it should be, might wanna mess with some origins there. Though after further inspection I can only replicate this by placing one in front then waiting for it to blow up.
Needs SFX
The music gets a little strong for hyrule field half way through.
Can't blow up the bomb with the sword, I dunno if you can in other games I just remember being able to do it.
I personally don't feel that the boomerang should be able to travel (back) through trees.

I didn't check the basics, though I did get the slightest inkling that something was going wrong with the sword engine, not too sure though.
Want a place to upload your sprites and games for FREE? Look no further than GameDevotion
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2006, 02:28:43 pm »
  • n___n
Dylan, I hope you don't intend to steal any of this dude's sprites because there are more than enough people in this topic willing to vouch for King Mob.

And, sprite-stealing is serious business. Not cool, either. ZFGC - Serious Business.
yo yo yo

araknid_kid@yahoo.com = email and MSN
HellsExecutionR = AIM
araknidude = XBox Live gamertag

Fox

Turnbeutelvergesser since 1988.
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2006, 02:38:29 pm »
Amen.

Cool, I can't download the demo... >_<; Anybody wanna send me via mail or anyhting? :)
  • Me on deviantART
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2006, 02:48:57 pm »
I was a little disconcerted when all of a sudden link gets thrown back by rolling into stuff, there's no sound effect.
I'm sure you noticed there were no sound effects at all.  ;)

You can't pick up bushes
You're right, you can't. You can't pick up bushes in every Zelda game, and this is one of the ones in which you can't. You have to cut them, and until you get your sword, certain areas remain blocked off by bushes. It only really applies to the very beginning of the game.

You can only get knocked back when you whilst right next to it.
That's completely intentional. Took me ages to get that right!  :P Idea was: you don't have the same force coming out of a roll as you do going in. Try it in OOT/MM. That's what I was aiming for.

The bomb explosion is below where it should be, might wanna mess with some origins there. Though after further inspection I can only replicate this by placing one in front then waiting for it to blow up.
Not sure I know what you mean, are you talking about being thrown by the explosion? If you're just talking about the origin of the explosion itself, I disagree, I think it's just right.

Needs SFX
Yep, I'm on it.

Can't blow up the bomb with the sword, I dunno if you can in other games I just remember being able to do it.
You can't. You can, however set off bomb flowers with your sword, and that will be reproduced in this game.

I personally don't feel that the boomerang should be able to travel (back) through trees.
Does in the other 2D games, but if your solution is for it to find an alternate path, I could always give that a go.

Cool, I can't download the demo... >_<; Anybody wanna send me via mail or anyhting? :)
It's on its way.  ;D

Ben

« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2006, 02:51:40 pm »
That's completely intentional. Took me ages to get that right!  :-p Idea was: you don't have the same force coming out of a roll as you do going in. Try it in OOT/MM. That's what I was aiming for.
Maybe not, but it's a Zelda game. You don't have a guy running around with a sword usually. Or floating around with a giant leaf. Or going into people's dreams.
And still it shouldn't have taken you that long, just have a "rollstart_x" and a "rollstart_y" and check if they're the same a x and y when it stops.
Want a place to upload your sprites and games for FREE? Look no further than GameDevotion

Fox

Turnbeutelvergesser since 1988.
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2006, 03:02:27 pm »
Thanks for sending me! :) I wonder if it is just me or if Link runs really slow...

The demo is very good otherwise, a "real" demo will be awesome!

I noticed... how did you make it when the explosion collides with Link, he's like bouncing exactly away from the explosion? I never get it working....
  • Me on deviantART
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2006, 03:02:56 pm »
Maybe not, but it's a Zelda game. You don't have a guy running around with a sword usually. Or floating around with a giant leaf. Or going into people's dreams.
Okaaay, but there's a difference between having to suspend disbelief because fantastical things are happening, and having to because things aren't behaving realistically.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 05:49:43 pm by King Mob »

Ice_Dragon

« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2006, 03:53:12 pm »
Meh. Can't download the demo. Can somone E-Mail it too me or send it too me on MSN? My E-Mail is iceydragon@gmail.com incase I stopped you seeing it :P
« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2006, 04:15:42 pm »
Great demo, though I agree that the bomb explosion should be a tad higher. Also, the boomerang should be movement sensitive, not just based upon where you're facing so you can throw it diagnally. Other than that, this is a very impressive demo! I loved the rain effects and the water was great! I especially loved how throwing rocks into water made that splash effect, nice touch!
« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2006, 04:41:59 pm »
Dude the demo was awesome, all the items and mechanics of the game seem just right. I cant wait til you get some enemies in there and some sound effects maybe  :)
  • Freak GFX
« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2006, 04:49:06 pm »
Great demo, though I agree that the bomb explosion should be a tad higher. Also, the boomerang should be movement sensitive, not just based upon where you're facing so you can throw it diagnally
Actually, diagonally throwing the boomerang is on my list of things to do. I seem to have overlooked it rushing the demo out...!
As for the bomb thing: I can't see it myself, sorry. It looks just right to me...  :-\
Thanks for your comments anyway!

Dude the demo was awesome, all the items and mechanics of the game seem just right. I cant wait til you get some enemies in there and some sound effects maybe  :)
Thanks! This was just intended as a technical demo really, the plan is to do a full demo of the first portion of the game next, from the opening scene right up to the end of the first dungeon. And if I stick to the story I've plotted out, that's a fair bit.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 05:01:24 pm by King Mob »
« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2006, 04:58:24 pm »
The game looks sweet! Can you please email the demo to me, too? JoeE0091@aol.com
« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2006, 05:04:59 pm »
  • Txet Lanosrep
Not working for me, anybody want to email it to MU_Soccer@hotmail.com?

Retro
  • TITANIC
« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2006, 05:22:50 pm »
If you need a good host for the demo/demo's upload it here
http://www.rocketsoft.gm-school.uni.cc/RSUpload.php
no registering no pop-ups - no waiting time - Hotlinking allowed - fast downloading

dylan623

« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2006, 02:01:51 am »
Could I PLEASE have some of the sprites ripped from MC (like the bombs, moving trees, and the effect that appears when the boomerang hits something)?
MC Bombs:

Clang effect ripped  from Four Swords:

Both are 32 x 32 strips.

The shaking tree is just the tree top sprite being rotated in GM.

I hope you finish it.
Thanks, I fully intend to.   :D
Thanks, that's all I wanted anyway.
« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2006, 11:50:05 am »
Wow, I still think this is amazing.
There are quite a few graphic glitches in the demo, but that might just be my PC, here are my system specifications:

Windows 2000 Professional
32MB NVidia TnT2 Model 64 Pro
Dunno what the sound card is
800MHz processor
26GB hard disk, 3GB free

By "graphic glitches" I mean that the tiles and sprites are disappearing. I've had grass in the middle of the water, missing bits of cliff, no Link (only his shadow), missing tree tiles. But they reappear a few fractions of a second later.

But the engine is still awesome and very smooth. You might like to include the button for the sword in the HUD, though, and make the bomb cause less damage to Link.

Apart from that, it's truly amazing to the last line of code, with an engine rivalling anything on ZFGC. This game is the inspiration for me to continue my projects (LoZ: DP will rise again (with a new name :P)!).

BLK LINK

« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2006, 05:46:32 pm »
I cant download the demo  :'( please anyone can re'upload it on the new uplod site given and put here pls.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 52   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.207 seconds with 77 queries.

anything