Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda OLD  (Read 17919 times)

AimesGames

Aimes Games: Zelda fan games.
Re: The Legend of Zelda: Silent Echoes
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2015, 06:36:15 am »
  • Zelda fan games.
This isn't really a huge update, but I really want to show off the title screen.
Without Lighting

With Lighting

MGZEdit: Fixed your image links :)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 07:03:37 am by AimesGames »
  • AimesGames's Website

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2015, 12:33:52 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
Alright, a little bit of critique. Even with lighting, your title screen does not stand out at all. The colors of your logo blend in waaay too much with the background. I would suggest either a more pale outline, some lighting on the letters, and probably a lighter and more uniform color. Typically, I'd do the shading from the bottom up rather than from the right to left (your gradient's from right to left in this case) and have the lighting on top.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2015, 05:40:39 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
It's certainly nice looking, but I have to agree with Star.  It is pretty hard to read and an outline would help it stand out better.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie

AimesGames

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2015, 12:25:59 am »
  • Zelda fan games.
I have 20/20 vision, so to me it's easy to read.  I think the problem is the gradient effect, but I wasn't much focusing on that.  I was trying to learn on how to use GIMP 2.  I could add an outline, and change the gradient effect.  And as for the lighting, could you elaborate on that?  Is there a name to that effect?

Thank you!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 12:27:53 am by AimesGames »
  • AimesGames's Website
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2015, 12:51:16 am »
I made one for you just for fun:

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2015, 01:07:48 am »
  • www.mouffers.com
I have 20/20 vision, so to me it's easy to read.  I think the problem is the gradient effect, but I wasn't much focusing on that.  I was trying to learn on how to use GIMP 2.  I could add an outline, and change the gradient effect.  And as for the lighting, could you elaborate on that?  Is there a name to that effect?

Thank you!

Your 20/20 vision has nothing to do with it. Study color theory and you'll understand.

EDIT: Fantym, yours is phenomenal. Good job.
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2015, 01:21:36 am »
  • Personal Saucier
I have 20/20 vision, so to me it's easy to read.

How far away is your monitor that you are using 20/20 vision as a benchmark for graphics?
20/20 vision is a measurement of how clear you can see objects based on distance. If you were putting your logo up on Time Square for the city to see, then yes 20/20 vision is important.
But EVEN IF 20/20 vision was your benchmark, and EVEN IF that actually mattered here for graphics on an ordinary computer monitor... why would you leave out all the poor users who wouldn't be able to see your graphic if that were the case?

AimesGames

« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2015, 01:42:58 am »
  • Zelda fan games.
It had nothing to do with graphics.  It had something to do with reading the logo.  I have no problem on reading it.
And has for color theory, I should probably get on that.  I honestly think getting good colors are hard to pick out.

Edit:

Oh, I really love your logo design.  It actually matches to what I am going for.  I'll add you in credits and make a video montage (?) on the title screen.  Thank you all for the criticism.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 01:45:29 am by AimesGames »
  • AimesGames's Website
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2015, 01:48:39 am »
  • Personal Saucier
It had nothing to do with graphics.  It had something to do with reading the logo.  I have no problem on reading it.
So your logo is not a graphic? Interesting!

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2015, 02:01:17 am »
  • www.mouffers.com
And has for color theory, I should probably get on that.  I honestly think getting good colors are hard to pick out.

Edit:

Oh, I really love your logo design.  It actually matches to what I am going for.  I'll add you in credits and make a video montage (?) on the title screen.  Thank you all for the criticism.

My STATEMENT about having a hard time READING THE LOGO has to do with the ABSOLUTELY ABYSMAL COLOR CHOICE

AimesGames

« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2015, 02:37:02 am »
  • Zelda fan games.
If you had a hard time reading it, it's probably our screen differences.  I am on an HP ENVY, and the graphics card is A10 Vision AMD.  I am telling you that I can read the logo just fine, but I am practically being harassed about it for some reason as if I was lying or something.  No, I can read it fine.  20/20 vision seems to be rare these days, and unclear vision can result in blurry vision.  So, that said.  I maybe thought you had a hard time reading the logo -because- of the how gradient shaded to the right.

Now, I appreciate the criticism, but since this is my project and my post, I don't appreciate the non-feedback/lecture.  I obviously don't know much about colors, and I admit.  I don't need the constant spam of saying I was wrong.  If I wanted to learn from you, I would of had PM'd you.  And I say this in a matter of respect.

As for the graphics thing. The logo is graphics, yes.  But, I was thinking you were commenting on the graphics of the game itself.  As for everything else, I am not using this logo.  I am using the one that Fantym made since it's very nicely done.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 02:39:18 am by AimesGames »
  • AimesGames's Website
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2015, 02:51:33 am »
If you had a hard time reading it, it's probably our screen differences.  I am on an HP ENVY, and the graphics card is A10 Vision AMD.  I am telling you that I can read the logo just fine, but I am practically being harassed about it for some reason as if I was lying or something.  No, I can read it fine.  20/20 vision seems to be rare these days, and unclear vision can result in blurry vision.  So, that said.  I maybe thought you had a hard time reading the logo -because- of the how gradient shaded to the right.

No worries, you're not being harassed.  We just come down hard on people sometimes ;)

As for the readability, I had some issues as well on my 24" bright-as-the-light-of-heaven-itself LED monitor so it's likely just the color choices and gradient.  It really isn't about hardware (certainly not the graphics card!) or anything like that.  Don't forget that the reason you can read it easily is also because you know what it says!  It's more of the fact that the colors blend in with the background and the logo kind of cuts off as it moves to the right due to the gradient.  If you were to take Star's suggestion of having the gradient move from bottom to top or vice versa, that would somewhat allieviate it.

AimesGames

« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2015, 03:51:51 am »
  • Zelda fan games.

I personally think it looks nice.
  • AimesGames's Website
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2015, 04:01:50 am »
  • Personal Saucier
Definitely better than before, but the 'Silent Echoes' is a little difficult to read
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2015, 01:06:23 pm »
Huge improvement!  Definitely still hard to read "Silent Echoes" but it looks nice.  I would suggest making the colors in that part a bit more vibrant.

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2015, 01:29:52 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
Muuuuuch better. I would suggest putting that same outline around Silent Echoes as well :)

I apologize if I came across as blunt last night, I had a very, very long day and your reluctance to admit that your graphic had problems struck a nerve. This is a forum and people will post their opinions and critiques whether you like it or not. If you don't want to learn from us, fine, but don't respond with ignorance. Respond with class and something like "I accept your critique but blablabla" something that doesn't involve 20/20 vision. I do not have blurry vision with my glasses on and I happen to have been doing graphics for 10 years (holy !@#$% I'm getting old). That's the last thing you'll hear from me in regards to your graphics. Good luck.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 69 queries.