Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 83   Go Down

Author Topic: Horn of Balance  (Read 463784 times)

Re: [Demo] Tech demo - Horn of Balance (working ...
« Reply #120 on: January 23, 2010, 06:50:21 pm »
Just another screenshot to show progress. Three rooms turned to seven eight so now there are only seven six dungeonrooms left unfinished. Meaning the dungeon is slowly but surely getting finished from a design point of view.

Frozenfire: There is some more stuff posted on our forum (2 topics).
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 07:57:37 pm by Martijn dh »
« Reply #121 on: January 24, 2010, 01:08:55 am »
wow... why so many doors?
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.

Dark-Hylian

Silence
« Reply #122 on: January 24, 2010, 04:05:19 am »
Most likely for the rolling black balls, lots and lots of em apparently. DJ, looks great, can't wait to see this finished.
  • Dawning Hour
« Reply #123 on: January 24, 2010, 08:41:50 am »
I have to agree with DL, why the many holes in the walls. They do not line up for cannonballs to shoot through. Do they serve any practical reason or are they for decoration.
« Reply #124 on: January 24, 2010, 10:09:47 am »
Yup, they do have a purpose.

I was thinking of adding a trap room where you get flooded by enemies. And since enemies need to come from I've added so many holes. That's the underlying idea anyway.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 10:12:02 am by Martijn dh »

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #125 on: January 24, 2010, 10:28:39 am »
  • .越//
Yup, they do have a purpose.

I was thinking of adding a trap room where you get flooded by enemies. And since enemies need to come from I've added so many holes. That's the underlying idea anyway.

how about making them come from crumbling walls? like in FSA
then one enemy group coming after another opening those holes

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

« Reply #126 on: January 24, 2010, 10:36:55 am »
I was thinking about small enemies like those plant things and maybe snakes (for there attack patterns). It is meant as a brainless flooding trap so the enemies will not do anything outside of their normal routines. I like the idea of waves, but that is best kept for another time. I've put it on my "idea-list".

Using crumbling wall? I assume you mean like the holes you can walk through yourself (it has been a long time since I played four swords). That would also be an option but you can't go through them yourself. With these holes it is clear that they are oneway. It fits the theme a little better too I think. And this is intented to come off as an designed continues trap. Like it is doing exactly what it was build to do. Namely trap and kill off intruders.

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #127 on: January 24, 2010, 11:34:18 am »
  • .越//
I was thinking about small enemies like those plant things and maybe snakes (for there attack patterns). It is meant as a brainless flooding trap so the enemies will not do anything outside of their normal routines.

With these holes it is clear that they are oneway. It fits the theme a little better too I think. And this is intented to come off as an designed continues trap. Like it is doing exactly what it was build to do. Namely trap and kill off intruders.

i don't think its clear one-way
some tile suggestions for "small enemies trap"

because it just looks like you'll have to run from a big black ball an not like something is inside these holes trapped until it's going to be set free i suggest a smaller entrance for enemies falling through or a cage which is opening

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
~Other~

« Reply #128 on: January 24, 2010, 11:52:20 am »
Okay. I misunderstood.
These are great suggestions.

The first two look great. I'll definitely try those. The next two are a little iffy. Those probably only look right from above. The last are already used in the second area (=blue dungeon) so they are already associated with the water. The blue area will be positioned before the green dungeon. I do really like the idea of them opening like that so I'll save those for a later date. I already had somewhat simular planned, but these will add brilliantly.
I'll try it out. Thanks for the input!

Btw: There is a secundairy area with random holes in the wall. I might as well post it below since people are interested. The red indicates how the blocks need to be moved, but that will be removed later on. It's just there for me as reminder of how to program it later on. Any comments on these rooms. These holes are purely for decoration. They had a function but that got scrapped. These two rooms are connected.

------------------

Edit: Here is the revised room.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 03:03:38 pm by Martijn dh »
« Reply #129 on: January 24, 2010, 03:17:15 pm »
Hmm, letting enemies come out of it is also a nice idea.

With this room I was think about that you need to go through one hole and you come out of another and thus need to do the correct sequence to open the doors.
« Reply #130 on: January 24, 2010, 04:00:05 pm »
Interesting idea. I'll write it down for later.

Dark-Hylian

Silence
« Reply #131 on: January 24, 2010, 04:47:59 pm »
Maybe a series of "I shoot the arrow in here and it comes out over there" type things to hit a switch. Just an idea. Anyways, looks pretty nice.
  • Dawning Hour
« Reply #132 on: January 24, 2010, 04:57:22 pm »
Yes. That would make for some interesting constructions. The same could be done with light (reflection) etc. Interesting.
I'm writing it down as well. There are also a lot of idea's I have myself that do not fit in the first dungeon. So I write down everything that comes to mind and save it for later. It'll be a while (read: somewhere between 2011 - 2015  XD) but everything will eventually make it's way into the game.
« Reply #133 on: February 01, 2010, 08:22:59 pm »
Just another screenshot to show I'm still making progress:

I've also got a question this time around:
Should Link be able to move blocks (etc) in a sidestepping motion?
Or will pushing ahead and pulling backwards be enough?

It's a little tricky to build, seeing as how the needed sprites of link don't exist yet.
I'm also not really sure if it's needed from a gameplay and/or nostalgic point of view. :huh:
« Reply #134 on: February 01, 2010, 08:43:30 pm »

I wouldn't do it, unless it is necessary for a lot of puzzles. But I think it can make puzzels to easy.
« Reply #135 on: February 02, 2010, 06:54:26 pm »
Yeah, that's true. I'll just leave it out then. There is always time to add it in at a later date anyway.
« Reply #136 on: February 03, 2010, 08:19:59 am »
  • AKA "Micah DS"

It's a little tricky to build, seeing as how the needed sprites of link don't exist yet.
I'm also not really sure if it's needed from a gameplay and/or nostalgic point of view. :huh:

I thought about it a little and I don't see any real point or much of a use for it. It just seems a bit unnecessary game play wise. I'm all for adding new things for a new experience and for fresh game play, but this is just one of those things that I don't see as being much of a contribution to the game as it would be a hindrance, if you get what I mean.

... I'll just leave it out then. There is always time to add it in at a later date anyway.

I often file away ideas when I think of something neat that just doesn't fit with what I'm doing at the moment. Who knows, it could later fit in just fine.

It's like video editing (how my brother and I do it anyway). Sometimes you get great footage that you want to keep, but it just doesn't contribute to the overall goal of the film. It gets cut out and set aside (but not deleted). Sometimes you go back to the scrapped footage and put it back in the film (or just part of it) because, after further editing, it seems to work with the film.
I'm basically saying, don't force it in if it isn't going to make the game better, but don't just scrap the idea because, as the game is further developed, it might become useful. Anyway, that looks like what you're doing and that's what I do too.
  • My Music

Ventlo

ZOMBIE KILLIN' SPREE
« Reply #137 on: February 04, 2010, 12:00:41 am »
 :)~Great game you made~:)
BLOOD, GORE, LANGUAGE!- Everything a gamer needs... :3
« Reply #138 on: February 06, 2010, 06:43:52 pm »
Progress update:

>Adding the ability to pushing and pulling movable objects is basically done, except for the sound and a minor detail in the animations. Sound really isn't my thing so I'll leave that for now. The animation is something to look into. In the original game there is no animation for pulling apparently, so I have to make it myself. Only pulling left and right requires an edit so it shouldn't be TOO much work.

>Since I was working on movable object, I decided to implement them right away. Most notable is that movable objects now interact with floor switches. Meaning the next demo will have more rooms to explore since this was needed to advance.

>I've added in a warp tile. It's not exactly like in the original since I'm not really sure how it was done EXACTLY. But it close enough (for now :)). I'm not too confident about the sound though. I seem to recall sounds can get distorted when used while switching rooms. That'll need testing on computers other then my own.

I've attached some sequential screenshots to show how the warping goes right now.

FrozenFire: if you're reading this. I'll post a demo tomorrow. If you could warp around once or twice I'd appreciate it. Testing it fully can wait for later.

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #139 on: February 06, 2010, 07:04:11 pm »
  • .越//
look at this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORJJWJCtQ0M in that glitch video are both kinds of warp the first at the beginning and the second is in the middle of the video inside the swirl... both show now already a failure in your variant ;) the hud and links sprite isn't affected from the warp effects

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

~GB-Zelda Style~
~Other~

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 83   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 78 queries.

anything