Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anime recommendations?  (Read 5469 times)

Scrappersa

Lamar Odom
Re: Anime recommendations?
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2012, 08:20:49 am »
Technically not an anime, but a couple of weeks ago I was introduced to Avatar: The Last Airbender and watched the entire thing in a week. It blew my mind how amazing it was. To me, there are only two things at the ultimate level of fantasy story and that's Zelda and Lord of the Rings. Avatar is now the third. Completely amazing if you haven't seen it. I was depressed for about a week after I finished it because it was so great.
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2012, 04:25:06 am »
  • It's in your ear!
Have you tried Naruto or Bleach, they aren't as great as most of the other animes mentioned in this discussion but if you're desperate for a new show I'd try one or the other.

Crim

Super Special Awesome
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2012, 04:52:06 am »
  • I'm Pro!
one piece. nuff said.
  • Crim is Pro!
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2012, 03:44:13 pm »
  • 笑い男
Have you tried Naruto or Bleach, they aren't as great as most of the other animes mentioned in this discussion but if you're desperate for a new show I'd try one or the other.

Can't say much for bleach (probably can though), but at least 50% of animes have to be better than those, and at least 90% of any if you actually go by reviews etc of animes. There's like 20 new shows at least every quarter of a year coming out, so there's definitely no shortage. Especially when you consider that you can watch stuff from the past, not just currently running/recent stuff. Not to be rude, as it's a nice comment, but I have no idea why you'd jump to watch one of those, especially considering their length too, unless you're extremely unwell informed and know absolutely no better, or just like to waste time just for the hell of it, instead of spending that time watching something far more worthwhile.

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World

Miragos

ᚺᚨᛚᛁᚨ᛫ᚹᛁᛊᚨᛞᚨᚢ᛫ᛟᚱᛁᚾᛁᛋ᛫ᚷᚨᛊᛏᛋ
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2012, 11:47:28 pm »
  • 地獄に儚く惑った
Exactly.
Naruto, Bleach and the like spoil anime. These shows aren't as bad as some may say. Actually, they are even acceptable -that is as long as you don't watch the English dubbed versions, which are also excessively censored.  It's just that -because of these more popular, rather mediocre shows for the younger audience- people bias anime. There are also many fans of those shows who don't give other, much better animes a chance, which makes them even less liked. So, I wouldn't recommend such animes, especially if you haven't watched much anime yet. There are far superior animes out there. However, if you really like long animes of that type you should check out Fairy Tail. It's similar but done right.
Current project: Vortex of Height
Spriter of: Oracle of Mystery
               The Mask of Sheikah
  • Miragos Project Site
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2012, 04:29:36 am »
Exactly.
Naruto, Bleach and the like spoil anime. These shows aren't as bad as some may say. Actually, they are even acceptable -that is as long as you don't watch the English dubbed versions, which are also excessively censored.  It's just that -because of these more popular, rather mediocre shows for the younger audience- people bias anime. There are also many fans of those shows who don't give other, much better animes a chance, which makes them even less liked. So, I wouldn't recommend such animes, especially if you haven't watched much anime yet. There are far superior animes out there. However, if you really like long animes of that type you should check out Fairy Tail. It's similar but done right.
I must agree on Fairy Tail, you should also try Hunter X Hunter 2011, I'm surprised how well done it is, for example  there aren't plenty of fights but you know !@#$% can get serious in any episode, and the story is so well done that it's intriguing to continue watching, the creator is the same of yuyu Hakusho.

and if you want to watch something shorter you should try Red Line it's an ova but it's so !@#$% epic
here is the trailer:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lM43iPZf8J8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lM43iPZf8J8</a>
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 04:34:10 am by Kren »

Crim

Super Special Awesome
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2012, 07:32:07 pm »
  • I'm Pro!
naruto and bleach are just a bunch of filler. (although, when they leave filler, it does get good)
  • Crim is Pro!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 52 queries.