Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Guitar plug to PC?  (Read 1374 times)

Guitar plug to PC?
« on: November 07, 2007, 11:01:07 pm »
Does someone has experience with that? Is it expensive? What is it called? How does it looks like?

I'm going to get something like a plug from guitar to my PC, like a USB or line-in. But I'm not sure what it's called, how it looks like and how many monies it'll cost.

Thanks.
  • Virtual Security
Re: Guitar plug to PC?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 02:44:25 am »
  • Minalien
Google is God.

http://sewelldirect.com/lightsnake-usb-instrument-cable.asp?gclid=CNDWq5udzI8CFUV0OAodPy5t-g

Seriously, why the hell dont people search google anymore? All I did was searched "Guitar to Computer"... WOW, that was hard :/

Seriously people, Google is your friend, it's not hard to find things on this vast internet of ours if you stop, think, and google.
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 02:35:28 pm »
Google is God.

http://sewelldirect.com/lightsnake-usb-instrument-cable.asp?gclid=CNDWq5udzI8CFUV0OAodPy5t-g

Seriously, why the hell dont people search google anymore? All I did was searched "Guitar to Computer"... WOW, that was hard :/

Seriously people, Google is your friend, it's not hard to find things on this vast internet of ours if you stop, think, and google.
So, mr. google-it...

I've searched over (dutch, because I am not going to pay shipping costs) google, which refers me to forums where people said it would be very expensive. I was wondering how much.. they didn't say. So I am asking here for normal people on zfgc (excluding you), that perhaps they know what it is, and how much it costs. Besides I have even searched the site of the biggest music store in europe. But unfortunately, I could only find a stupid guitar to midi thingy that will cost me more than 300 euro.

So.. If you don't wish to help me on my question, then please don't help.

Anyways. I just want to know what's it called, so I can ask a shopkeeper for it. And prices, which are better quality or less expensive.
  • Virtual Security
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 02:52:42 pm »
Er, Minalien, that's a thing I don't personally like... >_<
Why do people in forums whenever there's a doubt people go all "search google." instead of actually trying to help? Also, Google isn't god and it hasn't helped me on many things.
Please, be more kind when helping others for the sake of a friendly community.
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2007, 08:37:28 pm »
I use LINE 6 Guitar Port at home personally.
Intel P4 3.2 GHZ
2.5GB SDRAM DDR400
350GB SATA
ATI RADEON HD 2600PRO 512MB
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy2 Z
Windows XP SP2

Current Projects: None.
- Trask
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2007, 08:54:16 pm »
  • Official Forum Hippie/Writer
I've got a cable that I got at radio shack for about $5.00 that goes directly from my guitar into my computer's mic port.  Not the best quality, but It gets the job done.
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2007, 12:49:41 am »
I've got a cable that I got at radio shack for about $5.00 that goes directly from my guitar into my computer's mic port.  Not the best quality, but It gets the job done.
Sounds good, but I'm not sure that I am able to use a microphone port since no microphones work on my PC. I hope USB will work.

I use LINE 6 Guitar Port at home personally.

Damn man! I have looked at the site. It seems to be very powerful, but however I don't have 100 bucks for it :( I guess the price is expensive because of the included software.

I saw many free software on google about guitar amp software, but I'm not sure if they work perfectly like Line 6 does. Then I can just buy a USB port around the price of 50 euro and less, and use free software.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 12:51:18 am by TheRealDragonboy »
  • Virtual Security
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 51 queries.

anything