Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The running man...  (Read 3288 times)

The running man...
« on: June 18, 2006, 04:24:22 pm »
Alright. This has been one thing I have never been able to acomplish when I was trying to fully conqure the game. When you are older, adn talk to the running man inside the tent at the entrance to Gerudo Valley, he will race you to Kokiri Forest, yet every time he seems to beat you by one second.

What the hell!!!?

Has anyone actually beaten him? How? I always use my horse and still can't do it. It's like it's rigged.

What do you get anyways?

And it just occured to me... Is it because I sold him the bunny mask when I was young link? :o
We may be human. But we're still animals.
Re: The running man...
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 04:27:09 pm »
:P He's unbeatable. They just stick him in front of the finish line a few seconds before you get there :P
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 04:29:29 pm »
You cannot beat him.  In fact, in the non-Japanese versions of the game, the data files that were meant for your victory against him were taken out because of the fact that they would never be used.

People have also side-stepped there way to where he is, but they still lose.
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 04:31:59 pm »
WEHAT A MOTHERFUCKER! I SPENT LIKE 10 HOURS ON HIM TOTAL IN MY LIFE!!! WHO THE HELL"S STUPID IDEA WHAT THAT!?

DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!$)*@YPUSOFB
We may be human. But we're still animals.

Fox

Turnbeutelvergesser since 1988.
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2006, 04:35:51 pm »
lol Seriously?

I don't know about the English translation, but in the German, there's an odd part. When you cheat (like, you beam to the forest temple or something) (or was it when you're under time? O_o ) he tells you that you all cheated bla bla, and that... "Beinahe h??ttest du deine urspr??ngliche Form zur??ckerlangt." (You were so close to getting your old shape). O_O Maybe I don'T remember right, I'll see if I can get a screen of that. :S
  • Me on deviantART
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2006, 04:38:57 pm »
Nah impossible, some people think its all todo with some big final OoT secret like getting the triforce of something.

I don't know about the English translation, but in the German, there's an odd part. When you cheat (like, you beam to the forest temple or something) (or was it when you're under time? O_o ) he tells you that you all cheated bla bla, and that... "Beinahe h??ttest du deine urspr??ngliche Form zur??ckerlangt." (You were so close to getting your old shape). O_O Maybe I don'T remember right, I'll see if I can get a screen of that. :S

Yeah I seem to remember in my OoT on the N64 that if you teleported he called you cheat. Can't be sure though.

I ♥ Open Girlfriend (What!? I didn't add this.. must have been Solly!)
  • My DevArt Account
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2006, 04:46:05 pm »
  • =/
Found this on some random website:
well, u kno the runnin man, its impossible to beat him. and i kno it, and the secret im about to tell u i cannot do because i alredy gave him the bunny hood., but if you havnt ginven him the bunny hood, try ( i dont kno if it works, i doubt it, but i have heard it, dont blame me if its a load of bulls*** ). Turn into an adult, go to geruda valley n speak to him , then race him. once u get the bridge where u enter kokiri forest, hell be there ( i think he teleported :P) and say he beat u by one second. (dont belive him, lol) go back to him agen and challenge him to another race. when u have, play the 'Prelude of Light' to warp to ToT, and go to be a child. now, if u gave the man the bunny hood, screw this idea, but if u didnt, then good. (becuase if you did, hes too fast for it). find him running and run a tiny bit ahead, place a bom in his path and make sure it blows up when he walks over it. speak to him n he'll say some crap about his leg. and go back to ToT and be an adult agen. go see the man in geruda valley, and he'll have a bandage on his leg, chalenge him to race, (preferably use epona,) and race the the bridge in lost woods, Yuo should beat him, and he will come huffin in and say u beat him. then he shud give a golden saddle or something to speed up epona and ive you 8 carrots instead of 6. (if you have tried this amny times n it doesnt work, just leave it, coz i dont kno if it works my self)
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2006, 04:59:47 pm »
Oh god. A ton of those running man rumours tell you to "bomb his leg" or whatever. It's pretty funny the fake cheats people come up with :P
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2006, 12:22:39 am »
  • ZFGC Founder
You cannot beat the running man (but in OoT2D TRM Edition you will be able to and you'll get the pegasus boots w00t!)

Pedlya

Pederp
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2006, 12:24:49 am »
  • Vote for Harvey!~
@_@ peguses boots in this O_o
So what! I wanna get out! 'Cos there's so much out there! So many different people, living different lives! Incredibly good guys, bad guys... Folks completely different from us! It's one huge melting pot! See, it's not about success, dying in the streets, who's better, who's not! I just want to be a part of it! I realized that even if I've no connections, no talent, even if I'm one big loser, I want to use my hands and feet to think and move, to shape my own life! We can just die here or we can try, see what we've got!
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2006, 12:26:34 am »
  • ZFGC Founder
It will be in my Special Edition (after the release of the first OoT2D)
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2006, 04:13:25 am »
  • Your expression has changed too
You cannot beat him.  In fact, in the non-Japanese versions of the game, the data files that were meant for your victory against him were taken out because of the fact that they would never be used.

People have also side-stepped there way to where he is, but they still lose.
what did the data files in the Japanese version say?
Ghoster Poster
  • I have a Twitter if you're into that kinda thing

thenoblesheep

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2006, 05:12:26 am »
 Somebody should copy Pyro and heck an OOT rom and entitle it Ocarina of Time: Secrets and Rumors. That would be very entertaining, with the triforce, running man, and so on. Unfortunately, I'd imagine delving into an N64 rom would be much more complex than an NES or GB rom. Despite as much as I want to believe the OOT rumors, I know that they're all fallacies. The most harmful evidence against these rumors, is the diminutive probability that the programmers left any real secrets behind. I will only believe these, "cheats" when I see an unedited video of the trick executed, I will settle for nothing less, other than experiencing it myself.   
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 05:14:30 am by thenoblesheep »
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2006, 05:32:49 am »
WEHAT A MOTHERfunkER! I SPENT LIKE 10 HOURS ON HIM TOTAL IN MY LIFE!!! WHO THE HELL"S STUPID IDEA WHAT THAT!?

DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!$)*@YPUSOFB

Seriously? man I just tried it 3 times and then I gave up I already saw he wasn't possible to beat.
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2006, 03:18:56 pm »
  • ZFGC Founder
Even with the infinite time cheat on, it still says he beat you (even tough both of your times are the same).
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2006, 03:30:18 pm »
  • Personal Text
just levitate the whole way through on the emulator and take a shortcut..
I don't know if that will work though >_>
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2006, 10:43:12 pm »
  • ZFGC Founder
Nope.
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2006, 11:51:24 pm »
  • =/
What if we got an amazing rom hacker who hacked the rom and changed a few things and made him lose..... =_=

Pyru

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2006, 11:59:56 pm »
What if we got an amazing rom hacker who hacked the rom and changed a few things and made him lose..... =_=

There's not even any data in the non-JP versions for anything to happen if he lost!

The ROM hacker would have to add an event.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 73 queries.

anything