Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Poll

See the topic for question.

The Legend of Zelda
- 5 (7.6%)
Adventure of Link
- 4 (6.1%)
A Link to the Past
- 12 (18.2%)
Link's Awakening
- 8 (12.1%)
Ocarina of Time
- 9 (13.6%)
Majora's Mask
- 7 (10.6%)
Oracle of Ages
- 3 (4.5%)
Oracle of Seasons
- 1 (1.5%)
Wind Waker
- 13 (19.7%)
Twilight Princess
- 4 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: April 26, 2006, 05:59:24 pm

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Ages of Link  (Read 3435 times)

The Legend of Zelda: Ages of Link
« on: April 19, 2006, 05:59:24 pm »
The Legend of Zelda: Ages of Link

The Idea

What is Ages of Link, you might ask? Well, it's a Zelda game. But what's so special about it? Well, it actually begins with menu. Well, really a title screen and a file select first, then the menu. The menu allows the player to select... a game. One of three Zelda games that Nintendo created, remade exclusively for Ages of Link. You select it, you play it, you love it.

The Poll

Of course, I can't just choose the three games myself! This is a poll for the games YOU want to see in Ages of Link. You can have 5 votes and change your mind whenever you want.

Will it work?

Sure, I'm already working on a couple of games, but sometimes I'll need a break from one of them. Actually, more than sometimes. As of today, I am pausing the creation of Movie Inventor and A Quest for A Kingdom until, well, I get an idea for one of them.

Graphics & Sound

I shall be using music and sound effects from Ocarina of Time... and sorta graphics from it, too. If you've seen Andor something's graphics in the Zelda Graphics section, you'd have been amazed with his imagery - well, I've been using Animget with OoT on Project64 emulator, and drawing over Link, to get a very similar effect, which looks absoloutely beautiful!

What do I have to do?

Just vote :)!

Busternaut

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Ages of Link
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 06:12:01 pm »
Oh thanks...taking the name of a game i've already made >.> thanks allot >.>

Piers

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 08:59:07 pm »
I picked: OoA, OoS and La.

Pyro

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 05:20:00 pm »
I picked LTTP, OoT and WW

thenoblesheep

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2006, 08:04:36 pm »

Of course, I can't just choose the three games myself!

Nor do I believe you can make the three games yourself.

Will it work?

Sure, I'm already working on a couple of games, but sometimes I'll need a break from one of them. Actually, more than sometimes. As of today, I am pausing the creation of Movie Inventor and A Quest for A Kingdom until, well, I get an idea for one of them.

So, you are already in production of a few games and you decide to begin what potentially may be the largest 2d(assuming you mean the 3d zeldas converted into 2d) project ever...That will be difficult to make. Chances are, if this topic gets enough attention, the end result will probably be the three 3d games. If not all three 3d games, at least OOT will be selected, which a myriad of people have already attempted and failed. Even remaking the 2d games will be very time-consuming. Unless, you are a professional programmer, or have recruited one, and have a team of spriters, there is no way you will complete this project. I would be less cynical if you posted some examples of your work and project details, I couldn't derive what you do for the game, or if you do so by yourself. If you are an all-around game maker and have experience, I suppose you finishing one game may be feasible but it will take alot of time.

On the poll, I answered the three games I thought would be easiest to make. Good luck, I suppose.

Busternaut

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2006, 02:10:13 am »
Change the name of the game to something else or you'll get in an unfortunate "accident"

seriously i've made 3 games called AoL I, AoL II, and AoL III and i don't want you using the name.
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2006, 03:48:35 am »
  • Credits to BaB
Change the name of the game to something else or you'll get in an unfortunate "accident"

seriously i've made 3 games called AoL I, AoL II, and AoL III and i don't want you using the name.

He has every right to use which ever name he likes.

Also, this project seems very ambitious, yet again someone else has already started it, only that person hasn't re-posted the project yet, since he is working on another major scale game that will be launched soon. I am talking about The Best Of Zelda by AoDC!

Busternaut

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2006, 03:57:07 am »

He has every right to use which ever name he likes.

Also, this project seems very ambitious, yet again someone else has already started it, only that person hasn't re-posted the project yet, since he is working on another major scale game that will be launched soon. I am talking about The Best Of Zelda by AoDC!

unless someone already used the name.

thenoblesheep

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2006, 04:29:54 pm »
 No, Alex is right, he does have the right. Unless the name is copyrighted, the name doesn't even belong to Buster. Like, naming an official game Ocarina of Time, would result in you being sued because it is copyrighted.

Busternaut

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2006, 05:44:50 pm »
well it would just make sense not to use it if it's already been used.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 60 queries.