Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Proposal.  (Read 2184 times)

A Proposal.
« on: January 08, 2007, 03:34:53 am »
***WindWaker Spoilers... ish. =P

So.. I've been trying to get more into the game making section on this forum. I've never really looked here TOO much other than to check out some graphics that don't get posted on the boards. As I was looking around, I noticed the game LoZ: The Last Day, [Which looks awesome, by the way. Can't wait for a little storyline. =D] and it got me thinking.
Windwaker is one of my favorite Zelda's strictly because of the history it involves. I love how, in they're last attempt to save Hyrule, they pray onto the Gods, begging for help. .. and in turn, they get nothing but a time freezing flood. [Of course that did it no justice.. but.. I think it's a pretty amazing background. I got goosebumps while I was playing.] ..
Anyway.. I want to make a game. Nothing huge. A short story based on the events leading up to the flood. I mean. .. something only a few days long. [Game time, that is.] We're not even talking extensive dugeons here. I'm thinking most of the game would be in Hyrule Town itself. .. It's just something I think would be fun.
It'll most likely be in GB graphics.. because I love them.. and I'm not quite sure who the protagonist would be. Since there whole point is that there's a lack of a hero, you'd have to be playing as some random person. Or perhaps Zelda? It's not something I've put tons of thought into yet, it's just the idea that appeals to me right now.
So.. yeah. I'm wondering if anyone's interested in this. I'm thinking it's only necessary to work with one or two other people. I don't want you to be involved with anything else, either. Not even if it's on hiatus. I don't want to be spending months on this or else I'll lose interest. [cough]theoldMMGB[cough] It's just something I think would be fun to play.
Please feel free to reply with ideas and comments .. help shape the thought into a game. =D
  • My Photostream
Re: A Proposal.
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 04:01:19 am »
  • =/
 The only problem I see in your story is that... the protagonist would have to somehow die. In order for the great flood to happen, the storyline cound't be completed how you said so you would have to make a hero, yet make him/her not recorded in WW's history.

Unless your story does not include an actual protagonist but instead, just views what happens from a civilian/hyrulian's point of view. So, to conclude, the player can not play the game to win but can play it to learn WW history.

Do you understand what I am saying?
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 04:07:26 am »
Exactly. You can't really win. :3 Should have wrote that. Sorry. n____n Yeah.. I really don't see this as being.. you know.. an actual difficult game. It's really just to tell the story somehow. Plus minigames and whatever. Minor challenges.
  • My Photostream
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007, 04:23:45 am »
  • =/
Exactly. You can't really win. :3 Should have wrote that. Sorry. n____n Yeah.. I really don't see this as being.. you know.. an actual difficult game. It's really just to tell the story somehow. Plus minigames and whatever. Minor challenges.
Hmm... sounds interesting. I can see one of the mini-games as a rafting game through the flooding town....
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2007, 04:41:28 am »
I have daydreamed about this myself, I will help if possible, I'm pretty ok at design. You could have something like, you win but you lose, the world still gets flooded but you were able to harras Ganondorf long enough that he can't escape, and the people escape to the mountain tops. I think an end where somehow(Hylian telepathy anyone, from lttp?)the hero is shown the people safe, and the water risen around Ganon's tower. And you let Ganon kill you, to pass on the hero's mantle before you are trapped in time, for if you were frozen in time the mantle would not be passed on and no hero would rise again(kinda like Obi Wan in SW4). I see a whole emotional story play out of this, there should give the character a real personality, that becomes completely heroic and sacrificail by the ending of the final battle, saving the ones he loves. As for who it is, it could be Link, an average civilian Link, not the rural boy we have come to expect. And throuought the game you would see that he is emotionaly different for the normal Links. And I think an ending seen of the people he saved mourning thier savoir. And he shall be the Hero that gave everything to save the ones he loved... Maybe the game will end on a scroll like WW began, because it was only a legend, of Zelda.

I would like to emphasize the amount of emotion should be put into this game, if it comes to form, maybe even a lovelife, yes, Zelda and  him are crushing, and then she contacts him to tell him they are safe, to come to them, before he is hurt, but not wanting to risk it, Link keeps fighting, and then lets himself be killed, for other reasons as seen above. And you see Zelda leave with the royal troupe, in a ship eerily similar to the Pirate ship of WW.

Well that is my idea, what do you think?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 04:44:05 am by Bboy94 »
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2007, 04:50:03 am »
But the whole point is that there WAS no hero at that point. That's why everything was flooded; no one was there to save them. Also, keep in mind that I don't want the game to be that long either. I lose interest in things pretty quick and I don't want to get caught up in a overly done storyline. I like some of the aspects of what you posted, though.
  • My Photostream
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2007, 04:57:43 am »
Well I didn't think that WW actually came out and said there was no hero, I just thought that maybe there was one but he wasn't mentioned because he didn't defeat Ganon, I don't know whatever. It can easily be changed just take out the name Link and you basicly have it, with a few tweaks it would be alright. And about no savior, I kinda meant by saving the people that he saved a few, the ones close to him, so he was a hero to them. Because we know some of them escaped to the mountain tops or rather islands. I was kind of on an artistic rant there. The reason I was trying to emphasize emosion, is that if that is portrayed well enough, then you don't need a great storyline or a long journey, the dialouge would need a very good writer though.
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2007, 01:44:37 am »
  • Shunner of Light
It seems pretty interesting, but perhaps the main character, whoever that would be, would think that he or she is the hero, when they are actually nothing more than the people around them.
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2007, 02:47:37 am »
And then Ganon tells you the truth, cuz, he has seen many heros before, he would know. That would be disheartening, but I think when this game gets serious, make a new topic, because all these ideas wouldn't be as good if you knew it would happen.
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2007, 05:01:02 am »
  • Shunner of Light
Well, I'm not so sure about Ganon would tell you, if I were the actual person making the game myself, but I don't want to go smashing dreams or anything.  If done right it could turn out very well.
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2007, 05:01:34 am »
I'm laying out the town now. It is getting serious. =P

http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=12589.0
  • My Photostream

Linky628

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2007, 07:31:19 am »
1. check out my DS homebrew,thats exactly what its doing(explaining the flood thing)
2.the hero went away after ganon was goodbyed,and link never returned,so when the evil did,
DUN DUN DUUUUN!
3.I dont think wed want to make the game gb styled,SC

4.I already have the world layed out,and i made sure it made sense  with windwaker(this is one of those times where ARs prove there worth while not making you cheat.)
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2007, 07:50:35 pm »
1. check out my DS homebrew,thats exactly what its doing(explaining the flood thing)
2.the hero went away after ganon was goodbyed,and link never returned,so when the evil did,
DUN DUN DUUUUN!
3.I dont think wed want to make the game gb styled,SC

4.I already have the world layed out,and i made sure it made sense  with windwaker(this is one of those times where ARs prove there worth while not making you cheat.)
Have fun with that.

So yeah. I'm just about done town. It's coming along nicely.
  • My Photostream
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 60 queries.