Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 3D zelda mmo  (Read 5746 times)

mightyviking

3D zelda mmo
« on: February 19, 2007, 11:04:31 pm »
ive been making models for my 3D zelda mmo that is based in the time period between TP and WW. im not that good w/ programing so ive been testing my models in a 3D fps engine, if ne1 wants to program or help me program it i would grately appreciate it. im making it with WW grfx and here wat it will include

Character customization
-races-hylain,zora,goron,deku,rito,korok
-hair,clothes,armor,etc
Teams/Guilds
Jobs
Many Weapons new and old

heres a pic of my hylian model(im using anim8or)

if u have ne suggestions or can help me plz post here
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 01:02:15 am by mightyviking »

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
Re: 3D zelda mmo
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 12:02:50 am »
  • .越//
you know that your "human" is an hylian? and that its impossible to do an game withouth programing skills? ^^

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

mightyviking

Re:3D Zelda MMO
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 12:07:15 am »
hylians are humans
and i can program sum but im still learning thats y im asking for help

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
Re:3D Zelda MMO
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 12:45:16 am »
  • .越//
hylians are humans
and i can program sum but im still learning thats y im asking for help

hylians are no humans:
Hylians (ハイリア族 Hairia-zoku?) are a human-like race from the fictional world of Hyrule. However, there are some instances where Hylians refer to themselves as humans instead. According to Twilight Princess, the Hylians were known as the closest race to the gods. The best-known Hylians are the legendary Hero Link and Princess Zelda.

Hylians were the first race to establish organized civilization in ancient Hyrule, though in Twilight Princess, the Oocca are said to have created Hylians. Unlike several other races in the series, Hylians tend to live in highly populated cities. The term "Hylian" generally refers to a member of the Hylian race, as opposed to "Hyrulean", which refers to any inhabitant of Hyrule. According to the A Link to the Past instruction manual, Hylians were born with magic-infused blood, endowing them with psychic powers and skill in wizardry. It is also believed that the Hylians' pointed ears allow them to hear the messages of the gods. They are sometimes called elves. [1]

In Ocarina of Time, most Hylians seem to live within the fortified walls of Hyrule Castle Town or the small, neighboring village of Kakariko. Besides living in the bustling marketplace, other citizens of the kingdom inhabit territory outside of the protected city.

The ancient language of the Hylians, known simply as Hylian, is derived from Japanese hiragana, katakana, and romaji[2]. However, the Hylian shown in Twilight Princess is merely English letters in a hard-to-read font. Since the Wii's version is flipped horizontally, this makes it even harder to read.

Also, the goddesses always choose the Hero of Hyrule to be a Hylian.

Humans

The Humans are rarely specifically mentioned in the series, but are nonetheless part of the Zelda universe. They seem biologicaly close to the Hylians, the only physical difference being the ears, and often live with them in the same towns. Their numbers are not big in Hyrule and Termina, but they are the majority race in Holodrum and Labrynna.

In The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess a village called Ordon Village is located south of Faron Woods. Except for Link, all its inhabitants are Humans. They are farmers and apparently quite successful, since products from Ordon Village can even be found in the most northern regions.

for help searching this topic is wrong:

Recruiting is here

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

mightyviking

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2007, 01:01:45 am »
sry for being incorrect il change it :P
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2007, 01:09:18 am »
  • Lionfish App dev
It's a nice model, although it could stand for a little Anti-aliasing (but that's usually handled by the game engine right?). Is it rigged yet?
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2007, 01:19:49 am »
  • [sic]
It's a nice model, although it could stand for a little Anti-aliasing (but that's usually handled by the game engine right?). Is it rigged yet?
You cant anti-alias a model. o_0

Well, not like that. There's probably some kind of graphics filter that you can apply to your game after it's complete, or when rendering or something, but.. well, yeah.
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2007, 01:25:33 am »
  • Lionfish App dev
Poor unsmartly Kame. AAing a model just means smoothing down the visible edges. Lots o' rendering engines do it!
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2007, 01:27:16 am »
  • [sic]
Poor unsmartly Kame. AAing a model just means smoothing down the visible edges. Lots o' rendering engines do it!
I know. I said that. But he hasn't rendered it yet, has he? :P

mightyviking

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2007, 01:35:43 am »
i rendered it to an image, and yes i have smoothed it down but it also looks edgy cuz the image renderer in anim8or has weird shadows. yes it is rigged but i don't have ne animations cuz i cant keep them wen i export the model to a format compatible to ne engines or programming languages
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2007, 01:37:15 am »
  • Lionfish App dev
That sucks. :P It's very cool anyways though. ;)
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2007, 01:45:31 am »
if u have ne suggestions or can help me plz post here
Write in correct English. There is no excuse for this; it isn't "cool", unfortunately. It just makes you look stupid. Take the extra 10 seconds to capitalize words, add punctuation, and spell out words correctly. When I see this, here is what I think:

1. If this person can't spell correctly here, what makes me think his in-game script will be any good?
2. If this person puts so little energy and care into making a topic for his/her game, what makes me thing the game will be professional at all?

mightyviking

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2007, 01:56:05 am »
I am sorry i did not take my time to spell out my words. It is a habit to shorten words when possible; plus it gives me a break from my Honors English teacher breathing down our necks during everything we do. Do not assume that i will not take my time on my game based only on my writing.

Yea, Moldorma, I know that sucks. it sucks really bad because i love Anim8or so much, and it is so easy to use.
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2007, 02:00:28 am »
I am sorry i did not take my time to spell out my words. It is a habit to shorten words when possible; plus it gives me a break from my Honors English teacher breathing down our necks during everything we do. Do not assume that i will not take my time on my game based only on my writing.

Yea, Moldorma, I know that sucks. it sucks really bad because i love Anim8or so much, and it is so easy to use.
See, why can't everyone be like this? I didn't assume you would be, it's just a general thought process that goes through my head when I see the bad spelling and stuff. I know it is a habit to shorten words - I like to also - but I reserve this only for AIM and texting, pretty much. Personally I'd rather wait to get home and do it the right way rather than rush it in English class.

Otherwise, thanks for acting mature. Most people don't.

The model looks interesting. The eyes look absolutely huge, but the rest looks not bad. You're just gonna have to fix the clothing and detail up the skin quite a bit, but it looks to be a decent start.

mightyviking

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2007, 02:24:07 am »
Yea, the eyes are extremely big but they're the only textures I have done so far. I didn't put much work into the clothes, I just needed sumthing so there wouldn't be a naked Link on my thread. Do you no of a good programing language that i could use for my game (free would be nice ;D).  I love this tekite :tek:
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2007, 02:27:56 am »
  • =/
 Reminds me of Wind Waker. Is the game going to be cell shaded? If it was, you could use some of the Wind Waker models as basic NPCs, to cut down on modeling times.

mightyviking

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2007, 02:42:45 am »
You must be able to read my mind. It's not going to be cell-shaded with outlines but will be flat colored if thats what you mean, and since you brought it up i can't rip models from GC ROMs could you tell me how, i saw your TP thread, or maybe could you rip some modles for me. Either way, Pleeeeeaaaaaaaaase!

Esahc

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2007, 02:50:12 am »
Wait a second how can zora and rito exist at the same time
didnt the zora evolve over time into ritos? ???
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2007, 02:54:00 am »
  • =/
You must be able to read my mind. It's not going to be cell-shaded with outlines but will be flat colored if thats what you mean, and since you brought it up i can't rip models from GC ROMs could you tell me how, i saw your TP thread, or maybe could you rip some modles for me. Either way, Pleeeeeaaaaaaaaase!
Already done my friend:

Clicky

mightyviking

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2007, 03:04:09 am »
 ;D I LOVE PIERS!  ;D
Just out of curiosity how did you rip the models from TP? Can I do that with any GC game?

They did not evolve from zora they are believed to be related to them, and even if they did 2 related species can coexist even if on diferent levels of evolution. e.g.-chimpanzees, gorillas

I'm still working on the texture for the face and I have added ear texture too. I can edit the models for WW that piers showed to me so i should have an update of human, korok, rito, and goron pics soon.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 03:17:27 am by mightyviking »
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.246 seconds with 74 queries.

anything