Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Discussion] Items  (Read 5009 times)

Miles07

Knight of ERA
[Discussion] Items
« on: July 23, 2015, 06:49:18 pm »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
True to my habit, I decided to make some item sprites.
Using the current items page on the wiki, I made these sprites:

-----

One by one:
First section:
Second section, with clothes, swords, and shields:
Third section, with bracers and cogs:
  • Thief Bracer. Since there currently isn't a design for then, I made just a simple one. I would imagine that a "gerudo"-themed one will eventually have the Gerudo Symbol engraved on the side. I also though about how the Cogs would be inserted, and thought that a simple slot would be the simplest and easiest of ways, since Link could lock a cog into place in the bracer and it'd activate whatever powers were associated to it.
  • The Cogs themselves. I wanted to apply a variation to each one, see how they'd take. Instead of having them be green/red/blue/purple-colored cogs, why not make them fit their environment a bit more? Therefore, I give you... the Wooden Cog (Forest/Wind Cog)...
  • ...the Coral Cog (Sea Cog)...
  • ...the Stone Cog (Earth Cog)...
  • ... and the Crystal Cog (Shadow Cog). The top row of sprites could be the items as Link collects them, and the bottom row shows whatever current effect is applied to the Bracers, similarly to the Magnetic Gloves above. THOSE sprites can be color-coded for convenience (UI) purposes.
Last section, pickups.
These shouldn't be too difficult to decipher.

-----

I know, items and sprites subject to change. A LOT. Just let me know when the time comes and when more designs are made, a'ight?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 07:21:30 pm by Miles07 »
I was talking to my friend last night, and he was mentioning about how in 1980, he thought the internet would become this amazing place where people from across the world would share ideas. I was telling him about how this project [KOT] has worked, lurching along for years and drawn by different people from across the globe, and he thought it was beautiful. And he was right, it's awesome. :D

Zelda Items Spritesheet album (OUT OF DATE) - (link here)
A Link Across Time project - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Metroid) - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Zelda) - (link here)
Boss Keys project Trello Board - (link here)
Re: [Discussion] Items
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 07:31:39 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
The only problem I see is the bomb cannon.  Shouldn't it look like a barrel? Maybe change the colour to Brown?

Also, there is already a sprite of the bow, have a look: http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=39540.0

But from the screens screens I have seen, aren't they supposed to be more detailed?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 07:51:17 pm by Spritonic »

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 07:50:26 pm »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
The only problem I see is the bomb cannon.  Shouldn't it look like a barrel? Maybe change the colour to Brown?
I didn't see any indication that that was supposed to be its appearance. I'll get right on it.
I was talking to my friend last night, and he was mentioning about how in 1980, he thought the internet would become this amazing place where people from across the world would share ideas. I was telling him about how this project [KOT] has worked, lurching along for years and drawn by different people from across the globe, and he thought it was beautiful. And he was right, it's awesome. :D

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2015, 07:58:48 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=41364.0

Here is a clear example of the sprites for the hud. They need to be detailed. (I think)

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2015, 08:05:37 pm »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
BAH! What the hey?? Those are huge!

Forget it then. If it ain't TMC-style (and therefore TMC restrictions), I'd like out. Sorry for bothering y'all.

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2015, 02:50:07 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
If it ain't TMC-style (and therefore TMC restrictions), I'd like out

No ones really forcing you to be in, you know.

The HUD sprites are more detailed because the concept artists put a lot of detail into their designs and I want to be able to show that.  Other than their size, they follow TMC rules such as their color.

Also, I've changed the shadow cloak to the shadow medallion as of 1.4.  The cloak is just too much work to sprite and code.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2015, 02:54:13 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com

what? Where's the problem? lol. As MG-Zero stated, nobody's forcing you to be in. This is a community project, and we accept input from anyone at this point (except maybe code). If you want out, you don't have to make a scene about it, especially with something so minor.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2015, 07:03:33 pm »
  • Personal Saucier
BAH! What the hey?? Those are huge!

Forget it then. If it ain't TMC-style (and therefore TMC restrictions), I'd like out. Sorry for bothering y'all.

LOL! OH NO, THE GRAPHICS ARE TOO HIGH DEF, ABANDON SHIP AND TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS YOU HAD TO LEAVE THE PROJECT BECAUSE THE GRAPHICS WERE TOO HIGH RES. THE TRAVESTY! WHAT A HORRIBLE THING TO DO! THOSE POOR PIXELS!

This post wins hipstertroll of the year award, congrats Miles07, you've done well. Too well. In fact you've done so well, I'd like out. Sorry for bothering you.
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2015, 11:08:29 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Gawsh. I'm tuning in from some random WiFi in the mountains, but I wanted to say that there's a lot of good stuff in your item sheet, and thanks! :D

I love the detail in the inner color medallion things of the cogs, especially the sheikah emblem. I imagine we will need these for when Link opens up chests and holds the items up, those won't be at the higher resolution I don't think. Also, your designs for the swords is dope, I love the scimitar for the first sword. We should totally blow that up for the higher res HUD sprites.

Oh, and good call on switching the cloak to medallion for workload Steve. Noted.

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2015, 11:46:12 pm »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
Also, I've changed the shadow cloak to the shadow medallion as of 1.4.  The cloak is just too much work to sprite and code.
Oh, and good call on switching the cloak to medallion for workload Steve. Noted.
Yeah, it was a Shadow Cloak on the WIKI, last I checked, with the exception of one line of text saying "Shadow Medallion".

-----

LOL! OH NO, THE GRAPHICS ARE TOO HIGH DEF, ABANDON SHIP AND TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS YOU HAD TO LEAVE THE PROJECT BECAUSE THE GRAPHICS WERE TOO HIGH RES. THE TRAVESTY! WHAT A HORRIBLE THING TO DO! THOSE POOR PIXELS!

This post wins hipstertroll of the year award, congrats Miles07, you've done well. Too well. In fact you've done so well, I'd like out. Sorry for bothering you.

Um... *bows* Thanks, I guess? :huh:

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2015, 05:07:44 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
Hipstertroll of the year lol
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 59 queries.