Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Zelda Items TMC style  (Read 48872 times)

Miles07

Knight of ERA
Zelda Items TMC style
« on: March 31, 2009, 09:51:00 pm »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
Given at the correct resolution for the games (28.34 pxl/in), so please don't complain about the size.

And yes, this is the sheet that I've been working on at TSR, in case any of you hang out there.

Now, I know that not every sprite is actually in TMC style - in fact, you'll notice that there are revamps and even SD'd sprites in there... But this is as close as I could make it. Are there any suggestions, anything that I've missed?

EDIT: Most-updated version will always be on the first post. Check often to see if you've got the most recent sheet!

NEW FORMAT: SHEETS NOW PLACED IN ALBUM FOUND HERE!
C+C is ALWAYS appreciated!!!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 05:48:41 am by Miles07 »
I was talking to my friend last night, and he was mentioning about how in 1980, he thought the internet would become this amazing place where people from across the world would share ideas. I was telling him about how this project [KOT] has worked, lurching along for years and drawn by different people from across the globe, and he thought it was beautiful. And he was right, it's awesome. :D

Zelda Items Spritesheet album (OUT OF DATE) - (link here)
A Link Across Time project - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Metroid) - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Zelda) - (link here)
Boss Keys project Trello Board - (link here)
Re: Zelda Items TMC style
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 10:24:55 pm »
Oh hey I did see this on TSR a while ago, good job on almost finishing it!
  • https://colbydude.com
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 10:35:00 pm »
Not sure if this is what you were asking for, but here is another one of Faceless's sheets with some stuff on it - I noticed some things you had on there were not the same as his so I was wondering if you had seen this. Anyway: http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a13/4Sword/SemiSheet2.png

But yeah, the rest of your images are alright. Nice job.

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 10:42:11 pm »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
Yeah, I've seen it. In fact, compare the Fierce Deity Swords between the two sheets.
Everything else I didn't use his sheet for AT ALL.

So, wait, you're a "manager"... Do you think I need to work on anything else before I should submit this?
I was talking to my friend last night, and he was mentioning about how in 1980, he thought the internet would become this amazing place where people from across the world would share ideas. I was telling him about how this project [KOT] has worked, lurching along for years and drawn by different people from across the globe, and he thought it was beautiful. And he was right, it's awesome. :D

Jeod

Team Dekunutz, Doubleteam
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009, 10:42:28 pm »
Hey Miles, weren't you the one helping Kenji with the LA Remake? That's our community project now, same style. Invite him over here if he's still going for it!
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Zelda GBC+ Engine for Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Doubleteam Project Page

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2009, 10:44:32 pm »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
Sure thing, Jeod!

((Hey, someone actually recognizes me here!))

Jeod

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2009, 10:45:37 pm »
How could I forget ChaosMiles07, spriting extraordinaire?
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2009, 10:53:50 pm »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
...Eh-he-he... I, uh, don't think I'm that good at spriting... Mostly rips, but... Well, I'm pretty sure that this Items sheet is my magnum opus -- my masterpiece. *sigh*
Unfortunately, I don't have many copies of the earlier versions of the sheet to show y'all the evolution of this sheet (it started out ugly, let me tell ya that). But this is the first version with bounding boxes around individual sprites. Other versions had sprites separated out by type (swords with swords, 'rangs with 'rangs, the like).

Jeod

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2009, 10:56:13 pm »
...Eh-he-he... I, uh, don't think I'm that good at spriting... Mostly rips, but... Well, I'm pretty sure that this Items sheet is my magnum opus -- my masterpiece. *sigh*
Unfortunately, I don't have many copies of the earlier versions of the sheet to show y'all the evolution of this sheet (it started out ugly, let me tell ya that). But this is the first version with bounding boxes around individual sprites. Other versions had sprites separated out by type (swords with swords, 'rangs with 'rangs, the like).

You didn't leave any here?

http://linksawakeningremake.netforums.us/

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2009, 10:56:45 pm »
Yeah, I've seen it. In fact, compare the Fierce Deity Swords between the two sheets.
Everything else I didn't use his sheet for AT ALL.

So, wait, you're a "manager"... Do you think I need to work on anything else before I should submit this?

I actually mainly noticed the way you did the Minish Cap style Wind Waker Grapple Hook - as a personal preference, I think that Faceless's attempts seem to be more Minish Cap. I wasn't accusing you of stealing from him or anything - I just noticed that you credited him at the bottom and it seemed odd to me that his way was not in there more. But yeah, you have a right to do it your way if you want to.

And a manager is synonymous with administrator here I guess, meh.

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2009, 11:08:06 pm »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
@ Jeod: I host all of my images on Imageshack, and delete the older versions once I've replaced all of their code on, say, TSR and ZFGC (now). I forgot all about LAR.

@ 4S: I didn't want to completely copy-and-paste his sprites onto my sheet, at least, not without his permission... And I really tweaked other MC sprites (namely, a "in one piece" version of the Picori Blade) to make the "metal" part, and added it onto the OoA Cheval's Rope sprite.

You can quote me on this:
I like taking shortcuts if they work.

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2009, 11:09:22 pm »
  • Modrill made the avatar. I command you to like it.
I like those sprites a lot! You wouldn't mind me grabbing some as long as I credit you, do you?

My Brawl FC is 1289-8196-4511. Don't expect me to be on all the time though.
  • Super Smash Karts

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2009, 11:15:15 pm »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
Abso-freakin'-lutely. Give credit where it's due.

Contrary to what some people who shall remain nameless (...) think, I post sprites so others can use them. NOT to "rub it in others' faces like some sort of a mockery saying 'Ha ha, look at what i can do any u cant loozr n00bs'".

*grr*... Some people, through seemingly no provoking action from me, can seriously annoy me. But that's not what this topic is about.

Yes, Garoth, you can use the sheet.

Jeod

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2009, 11:46:14 pm »
That LA bit will be very useful to the CP too. I don't think Xfixium finished all the items.

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2009, 11:50:17 pm »
  • Modrill made the avatar. I command you to like it.
Abso-freakin'-lutely. Give credit where it's due.

Contrary to what some people who shall remain nameless (...) think, I post sprites so others can use them. NOT to "rub it in others' faces like some sort of a mockery saying 'Ha ha, look at what i can do any u cant loozr n00bs'".

*grr*... Some people, through seemingly no provoking action from me, can seriously annoy me. But that's not what this topic is about.

Yes, Garoth, you can use the sheet.

Thanks!! I get frustrated when I see certain sprite sheets that say "DO NOT USE" or "TSR ONLY!" (although I think that only means that the sheet can hosted on TSR but used individually?). I also get frustrated when it asks me not to use it without asking for permission first since many times, you can't get ahold of the spriter to begin with. I have no problem with asking for permission, though... Just, y'know, I wish I know where I could find you. So usually, I end up just using the sprites without permission and crediting the person who did it.

My Brawl FC is 1289-8196-4511. Don't expect me to be on all the time though.
  • Super Smash Karts

Darklink45

aka Faded Led
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2009, 12:29:13 am »
hey i see you used one of my WW sprites  :D

anyway i like them.
Personal site: Faded Led
People die when they are killed.

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2009, 12:35:10 am »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
@ Jeod: Yes, actually. I DID happen to submit items to Kenji on that other site, but (stupid me) deleted the sheet. Use this one, since it's updated anyway.

@ Garoth: Yes, "TSR ONLY" refers to hosting, not using. And I would usually just tweak their sprites so much that nobody could easily mistake it for the original person's. Sneaky, but not nice. And I haven't done that for a long time, and never posted my work online, so no harm done, right?

@ Darklink45: 'Cuz I couldn't find a better Zunari. (That is your sprite, right?)
Along that subject, I also wanted to use Hyrule Swordmaster's & King Mob's TP Zoras to make the Zora Cap, which is supposed to be coupled with the Zora Armor, but I instead based the sprite off of the rendered "official art" picture that they have on Zelda Wiki instead. That, and their Zora sprite sheet doesn't have a Zora Soldier facing south (head-on view), so that'd be more work.

BTW, I wonder what happened to that topic here... Ahh, here it is!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 12:45:15 am by Miles07 »

Darklink45

aka Faded Led
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2009, 12:39:09 am »
Personal site: Faded Led
People die when they are killed.

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2009, 12:59:19 am »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
Which reminds me...
Darklink45, could you (pretty please?) make some more reference sprites for me? I need to replace a few things on the sheet, among them the "Postman's Statue" and the "Zora Mask". Could I have you make a single sprite of Quill? And one of a OoT or MM Zora, at least so that I could use its head for the sprite?

kenji imatake

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2009, 01:08:34 am »
hey hey, guess who's here?! (still need to add an avatar =P) good ta see you fixed the error I pointed out. also, don't forget to add links conductor outfit in the spirit tracks section (don't ask me to do it though... as you know I am much better at metroid then zelda sprites lol)
OFF TOPIC: @Jeod: hey, I made it! yeah, I sorta gave up on LAR =P I loved the game though and I thought it deserved a remake, so I'll help if you need me! though, if you have seen, my sprites for Zelda are not much good, if you look at my metroid, they are much more better =P I came across a project called "reawakening", well actually miles showed me.... so anyhoo I got a bit of practice in Zelda spriting and even got some decent looking Zelda sprites! maybe I can be much better at making a sprite from a different series (been working with metroid for over a year now.)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 77 queries.

anything