Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Zelda Future  (Read 18307 times)

Re: Zelda Future
« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2009, 01:54:10 am »
  • Modrill made the avatar. I command you to like it.
(This topic is still in the front page...)

Y'know... When I think Future Zelda, I think of Link using a beam sword (Star Wars) and using some sort of gun, like a pistol or shotgun, instead of an arrow. I'd like to think Final Fantasy VI meets Zelda... Enough wide-open greenery with some industrialized places. A future Kakariko Village would be a cool thing to see. And maybe Hyrule could be ruled by one monopolizing company or something? I also don't see why Epona can't be a robotic motorcycle, resembling a horse but sporting wheels instead of actual legs.

(Aaaand I hope this was significant enough to warrant an after 14 days post)

My Brawl FC is 1289-8196-4511. Don't expect me to be on all the time though.
  • Super Smash Karts
« Reply #61 on: March 01, 2009, 04:37:45 am »
Well, the project's not dead or anything, so there's no problem in my book.
« Reply #62 on: March 01, 2009, 09:02:11 am »
Zelda future, when i readed the title it sounded like the topic was about what is going to happen with the zelda series in the future. But i was wrong!  :o
Anyway, this concept is kind of funny and im intrested of how everything will turn out.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 11:19:24 am by LTGH »
« Reply #63 on: March 01, 2009, 11:10:07 am »
Well, it's good to have people interested, at any rate.
« Reply #64 on: March 01, 2009, 01:25:53 pm »
The Legend of Zelda serie has always been involved with myserious and magical things. And I believe those things work perfectly fine in a fantasy world. But those things look incredibly lame in a more "realistic" world. I don't think that The Legend of Zelda serie mixed with the future is a good combination. That's why you won't ever see a official Zelda game in future settings.
« Reply #65 on: March 01, 2009, 07:28:49 pm »
Well, I'd say you'll have to wait and see what I'm doing with it, rather than judge now.  And I wouldn't jump to any conclusion about what Nintendo might do.

Anyway, expect an update soon.
« Reply #66 on: March 01, 2009, 09:23:48 pm »
The Legend of Zelda serie has always been involved with myserious and magical things. And I believe those things work perfectly fine in a fantasy world. But those things look incredibly lame in a more "realistic" world. I don't think that The Legend of Zelda serie mixed with the future is a good combination. That's why you won't ever see a official Zelda game in future settings.

I disagree. There are a number of games that mix fantasy with the futuristic. The best example is Final Fantasy. It is possible for Zelda as well, but there is a danger in mixing the both. But I believe and hope that Nabeshin can rise up to that challenge.

So Nabeshin don't disappoint me!  :P 8)
« Reply #67 on: March 02, 2009, 07:58:37 pm »
  • Modrill made the avatar. I command you to like it.
I think Zelda in a futuristic setting CAN work... just has to be done correctly and without forgetting the spirit, the essence of the Zelda games: Exploration. If you can get lost in a wild forest filled with monsters that can jump you at any moment with only your handful of tools to defend yourself with, you've pretty much got a Zelda game (at the bare bones at least, there's more to Zelda than just that).

I would love to see a futuristic Hyrule, and not just a "same old Hyrule just a lot later than in all the other games!" (Although that's fine too)

Maybe, just to show that it can be done, I'll try my hand at it! *shakes fist* But the sprite-work and programming will be... ugh...

My Brawl FC is 1289-8196-4511. Don't expect me to be on all the time though.
  • Super Smash Karts

Jeod

Team Dekunutz, Doubleteam
« Reply #68 on: March 09, 2009, 10:30:27 pm »
Year 3039. Hylian Industries has governed the lives of the citizens for the past century. Technology has reached new heights, and businesses thrive on weapons development. Why weapons development? The rumor goes that Hylian Industries is hiding a grand scheme by cloaking their weapons development as improvements in technology and life. Nobody truly knows what the industry is planning...an all-out takeover and invasion of the free peoples of Hyrule.

Enter Link, an ordinary child you would see walking the streets. Walking a different path to wherever today, he stumbles upon an adbandoned, fenced-off building. A sign says "Future site of Hylian Industries II". Link knows the industry. He wanted to work there when he got older. He studied business law and style each week. But this abandoned building, what was it? Link decided to explore. Inside, an old mark on a lone wall reveals the answer. "The Temple of Time..." Link thought to himself. He'd read it in a history book. Of course, the temple was now in serious decay. However, the mark of the Triforce called to Link.

"We have been forgotten, child. The thriving citizens ignored the ones who granted them riches, and now we are unheard of. We are the goddesses of Hyrule..."

Link hears their story. Hylian Industries is headed by an evil man who hides his real name: Ganondorf. He is preparing a hostile takeover of Hyrule, and now only Link knows the truth. On the very brink of war, can Link utilize the industry's own inventions to conquer it?

There's your futuristic story. Kind of simple to piece together a concept like that.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 11:05:52 pm by Jeod »
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Zelda GBC+ Engine for Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Doubleteam Project Page
« Reply #69 on: March 09, 2009, 11:00:08 pm »
Yeah, good stuff.  Like I said, it's not terribly hard to come up with a workable concept.
« Reply #70 on: April 05, 2009, 07:32:43 am »
It doesn't make for much of an update, but for the sake of bumping the topic, here's a shot of the menu.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 08:34:42 am by Nabeshin »
« Reply #71 on: April 05, 2009, 07:44:42 am »
A lot of empty space. You probably don't have enough to fill the entire screen, but shouldn't you the components of the menu a bit bigger, to fill the screen a bit more. Now it has a lot of black background and the items look so tiny. Unless I'm mistaken and there are other things that come in the open space.

I can make out the beamsword, a bottle and an Ocarina, but for the rest I've got no clue what they represent.

For the rest it looks OK.
« Reply #72 on: April 05, 2009, 08:36:38 am »
Here's things moved around a bit.  As for the other items, they're the Metal Plate, the Rupee Card, the Cross, and the Vacuum Bombs.  Not very traditional Zelda items, so I wouldn't have expected you to know what they were without playing (aside from the Cross, I guess).

« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 08:41:33 am by Nabeshin »
« Reply #73 on: April 05, 2009, 09:22:45 am »
Thnx for the explanation. But a Cross. What do you want to do with a Cross? Or is that asking to much.

I still think the Menu should be bigger, or are you planning to fill up the empty space above 'save' with something else?
« Reply #74 on: April 12, 2009, 11:26:35 am »
The Cross is part of the trading sequence.

I might as well keep people updated on minutiae, so here's the two menu concepts that are currently competing.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 02:54:23 am by Nabeshin »

Kingknight

SiMelon
« Reply #75 on: April 12, 2009, 01:46:13 pm »
  • The Hunter
Good Progress! I'd have to say the second menu, I like the layout.
« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2009, 02:29:38 pm »
The Cross is part of the trading sequence.

I might as well keep people updated on minutiae, so here's the two menu concepts that are currently competing.

I like the second menu the best for its layout. The first menu is better in the color pallet. But a small question will the versions of the sword, shield and boots be selectable, like in OOT? At least that is what it looks like from the second menu.
« Reply #77 on: April 13, 2009, 03:01:03 am »
Yep, selectable.

« Reply #78 on: April 13, 2009, 01:56:53 pm »
Looks good.

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #79 on: April 15, 2009, 10:33:57 am »
Give us a demo!!! Please!!!
  • Phoenix Heart
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 79 queries.

anything