Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: [WIP] Reviving The Legend of Zelda: Sword of Power  (Read 7704 times)

[WIP] Reviving The Legend of Zelda: Sword of Pow...
« on: November 21, 2007, 08:40:27 pm »
  • Loopier than a bowl of Cheerios

Last year and earlier this year I put together a team with the intention of creating a short (short!) 3D Zelda game named Fall of Hyrule, after the opinions and attention received the people working on it began to grow and eventually the project was merged with 2A4AP's own 3D zelda project and Sword of power was born. we had the overworld designed, many models animated, a village and a dungeon (created for demoing the day/night cycle, talking engines and combat) The village was called Omedara Village (anyone who can spot the pun in there wins a pat on the back).

Anyways after having a good friend and work colleague of mine he has recovered almost everything that as lost during the floods which all but ruined my house earlier this year and I am looking to revive the project. I would like to ask the old members of the team to contact me here or by email/msn and anyone else wanting to help to post here.

To the old team: the reason i have broken the "it will be a surprise" silence is cos a)z3 never happened, partially our fault. and b) cos we need more people to help on this project.

If anyone missed the screeshots I posted previously here they are:

WORKING: Day/Night cycle, Village.

the model that was replacing xtremex's link model, animated by Piers:

You have NO idea how much hassle this FECKING model was, the gobshite.

Anyone interested?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 11:27:27 am by TomPel »

Re: Reviving The Legend of Zelda: Sword of Power
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 08:42:33 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
Yes, please! I was always interested in this game, and it actually inspired me to make my own 3D Zelda game (which was overambitious and evolved into Zelda Online 3D). I remember this from MAZE 07. :) It looked really cool. REMAKE IT OKAY?
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 08:51:22 pm »
doesn't need remaking, needs rebuilding lol. it's all on my old computer, I just need to wait until I can get it connected to a wireless network (atm on that computer I'm leeching off of a neighbour and the connection is often down for days at a time). I'll wait until Linky is online and post some more recent screenshots

Sorry the previously posted screenshots don't offer anything new, here are some from the original scrapped version of Omedara Village (which was a town at the time) please note that the textbox graphic and the text font were just for beta purposes to show the script working. again the team got to try the speech demo with an oversized colin (later replaced with............ERROR). Take a look. bare in mind this "town" was scrapped in favour of a much nicer looking Kakariko Village inspired farming village, screens of that tomorrow.

Link talking to Error, I cant stress this enough, the textbox and font were for testing purposes and no this is NOT A MOCK UP.
Ask Linky, Piers, Azkridth, Naz, Dayjo, Knightmare or Delko (sorry for missing anyone out, lol)

Here is some artwork drawn exclusivly for SoP, the entire set of artwork can be seen on DeviantArt where Lady Shieru (our artist) posts all of her art.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 10:07:02 pm by Uppy »

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2007, 11:40:05 pm »
I would love to help with any models you need.  ;) I'm used to making more high-poly models, but I can limit myself for models suited to gaming.

Here is my most recent model, to show you I know what I'm doing:

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s43/legendarylugi/Showcasewithhands.jpg

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s43/legendarylugi/Showcasenohands2.jpg

His face is a little effed up, but I attribute that to a lack of proper reference when building his head. If I'd had adequate reference, his face might have turned out better.

As I said, I usually work a bit too high-poly for games, but I can work low-poly to help out.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 11:43:30 pm by legendarylugi »
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2007, 12:29:39 am »
Depending on what you need I'd be happy to help out again ;) Is the story still the same or did it change?
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2007, 12:47:22 am »
Thanks legendarylugi, that'd be great, hey ZoSo, the story has changed slightly but its mostly the same. The Sword in the title is very VERY interesting too...anyway we've decided to make it smaller, about 4 dungeons and a smaller slightly less ambitious (more attainable) overworld than we were planning. the game uses TP graphics so models should be made in that vein.

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2007, 04:54:42 pm »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine
This looks so freakin' awesome.
I really am impressed, i cant wait to see/hear more of this.
Any storyline details? Im guessing by this --->
Is the story still the same or did it change?
That they have been released, but not here...

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2007, 09:14:47 pm »
  • .越//

well i hope you can get the tp style for error in the final model...

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2007, 10:25:30 am »
Yeah we have a full story worked out. Took along time to get there but we have a story, not the most original but it's Zelda, so you know what to expect. right?
As for the Error Model, yeah we'll try and fix him up to b more TP-ish, all the other NPC's from Omedara Village are TP NPC's that have been altered to make them look completely new.

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2007, 02:32:40 am »
  • odens knop
Those aren't mockups allright!  :)  Been doing quite a bit of beta testing with that demo along with others.  Viva SoP! :D
|LEUS HERTAN MINAT|
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2007, 06:33:07 pm »
Hey guys, here is another "old" screenshot, this is taken in the new Omedara village. In this screen Link is talking to the Mayor and yes, I am well aware of the spelling mistake in there. Text box was made by Linky, the mayor, as with most NPCs are edited TP models done by Delko. The Village was designed and made by yours truly (that'd be me, then). Houses were not made by a member of the SoP team. just thought I'd point that out, I'd love to give them credit but I can't remember the dudes name....something like "Medieval worlds" over at turbosquid

Comments?

And another:
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 06:39:30 pm by Uppy »

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2007, 06:38:38 pm »
  • Pie is God.
Oooh sweet screenies! This project looks awesome... good luck with it. :)
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2007, 07:05:22 pm »
  • Master Of Disaster
Yeah, I gotta hand it to you.. Looks sweet!
I wish I could help in some way, but I know pretty much nothing of 3D.

.TakaM was here
  • Lumeuni
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2007, 07:09:06 pm »
Haha thanks guys, yeah we were very proud of this game, now I have access to my old HDD we're going to carry on with it here we left off. Dunno whe a demowill bout, depends on whether I can get the WHOLE team back together plus additional members too.

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2007, 07:37:40 pm »
Hot Hylian seems interesting in Link in that latest shot. :P
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2007, 07:40:31 pm »
LOL! I know what she wants to take Lnk into the woods for.....A sword! HA! I made another funny....oh...nevermind

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2007, 12:41:14 am »
Wow, new screens. They look cool.  XD I can tell you've put a lot of effort into this game.  :D

Might I make one small suggestion, though?

I've never agreed with using such realistic textures on low-poly game models. It's a common practice, but not a good one. It always ends up looking sloppy, and makes the art style hard to appreciate.

I think that making the textures a little less detailed would, ironically, do wonders for the look. Using detailed textures on low-poly game models just makes everything look flat, and flat is bad.  ;) It also makes any graininess in resolution that much more apparent. I've always thought that games with a more stylized look always age better graphically then hyper realism.
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2007, 01:07:46 am »
Agreed, the textures arent ment to be photo  realistic but they are the textures that came with he houses (I assume you are talking about he doors) we ca replace the textures easily though, nice suggestion.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2007, 01:19:58 am »
  • Silly cat!
Well this looks damn awesome.

I like the text box, but you need to design your own font. Using a standard one just looks ugly. But don't worry about that for now. Just make sure the story and the general structure of the game is Zelda-ish, and your ideas aren't out of place for the world of Hyrule. Go play Shadowgazer if you need to know what I mean. Or, maybe I can give you some advice should you need some.

Keep going!

Hoffy.
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2007, 02:06:34 am »
  • Who's your favorite possum?
Aww, eff.  Do you still have what I wrote of the story?  I wonder if I do... I remember we were going to discuss it more...!@#$%...um.

I love you, Uppy!

[EDIT] Yep, still have the story.  I'd still very much like to be able to test dialogue... you're still using at least some of Azzy's music too, right?  (The Fire Dance is a MUST.  I think it could work as the title screen music.)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 02:08:42 am by 2awesome4apossum »
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 78 queries.

anything