Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Legend of Zelda TCG  (Read 5603 times)

Legend of Zelda TCG
« on: February 10, 2008, 07:29:14 pm »
For those of you that have been on Pixeltendo, you probably know about the Pixeltendo Card Game.  Well anyways, looking at it gave me an idea that I had previously given up on about 3 months ago in these forums, a Legend Of Zelda Card Game.  Now long ago during the OOT Era there actually were Zelda trading cards that could actually be used in a game but now they are just collector items.  So a substitute is needed.  Now I would like to present the Zelda Trading Card Game:

THE CARDS:
Currently I have designed 4 types of cards: Character, Area, Creature, and Item.
Basic Card Setup

Character: The most basic type of card.  They have power, defense, health, an element, species, job, and a cost.  Some of them also have abilities.  Every single one of them represents a character from the Legend of Zelda Series, weather it be a player, or NPC.  This does not include Bosses, unless the boss is someone like Gannondorf, Vaati, or Dark Link.  Every Character can have a maximum of 2 held items (unless a two handed item is on them), 1 steed, 1 of each type of clothing, 1 helper, and as many other items as you please.

Area: For those of you that ever played something like Yugioh, you could probably attribute this to the field spell cards.  Fields are broken up into different types including: Towns, Dungeons, Islands, Forests, Lakes, etc.  They usually have a positive effect for certain characters or creatures, but can also have other effects, like an increase in Rupee gain.

Creature: This category is like a simpler version of Characters.  Their cost is usually lower and they often have low health.  Also they are unable to hold items.  At the moment there are two different types of Creatures: Enemies and Bosses.  Some enemies also double as items, and when a creature is destroyed, half of their cost (rounded up) is added to the opponents wallet.

Item: Where would Link be without any items?  Simply they are the many things that help you accomplish tasks.  It is in this category that you will find steeds, weapons, clothing (Boots, tunics, etc.), shields, and helpers.  An equipment is any item that has a 1 or 2 next to its item type.  All weapons and shields, and som basic items fall into this  category.  Certain equipment like weapons will have a 2 next to their item type.  This is just to show that they are two handed, like the Biggoron Sword, and you cant have another weapon or shield on the character you play it on. 

Helpers: Helpers are a sub division of Items, and are unique as they are the only items with attack and defense.  This rare sub category includes all the fairy helpers that have ever appeared along with Ezlo, cursed Midna, and a few others.

RUPEES:
Similar to Magic: The Gathering, Rupees are needed in order to play anything.  At the beginning of the game you roll a two 6 sided die and the higher number is how many Rupees you start off with  in your wallet(in the event that they land on the same number then you add them together.)  At the beginning of every turn you gain 2 rupees, and every time you defeat a creature you get half of its cost added to your wallet.  You can also sell an item from your had for half of its cost, but you can only do this once a turn.  Some cards have the ability to change your Rupee intake at the beginning of your turn, but they are not that common.

THE GAME:
The point of the game is to get rid of your opponents 30 life.  But there are also other ways to win including:
Your opponent running out of cards
Having 100 rupees after the beginning of your turn (it must be exact and reach this amount by the 2 rupees that you get in the beginning of a turn)
Or playing a special combo.

TURN SETUP:
Draw- You draw one card
Rupee Gain- You gain 2 rupees
Character & Creature Entry- you can play one character or boss creature and as many other creatures as you want
Battle- See the Battle Section
End- Self Explanitory

BATTLE:
When battle takes place you first check to see if there are any special effects granted to a character or creature like ranged.  In the event that there are no battle specials then battle occurs.  You can have anywhere from none to all of your characters and creatures attack, by one at a time having them attack your opponents characters and creatures, in the event that your opponent doesn't have any then the cards power is dealt straight to the opponent.  When two character's/creature's battle they each deal there attack to the opposing cards defense.  If the ATK is greater than the DEF then the difference is subtracted from the defending cards health.  For instance if you had a card with an ATK/DEF of 4/3 and another with 4/5 the first card would loose 1 health and the other would not loose anything.  Every character/creature can defend as many times as they want in a turn.

OTHER RULES:
1. Both Players start off with 6 cards in their hand.
2. Neither Player can attack on their first turn
3. Neither player draws until their second turn.
4. You don't get the 2 rupee gain on your first turn,
5. You can not have more than 8 cards in your hand at any time.  In the event that you draw a ninth card, you must either discard a card from your hand before looking at the drawn card or discard the drawn card right away.
6. Flip a coin to see who goes first
7. Only one Character or Boss creature can be played in a turn

I was also thinking that this game could be programed into the boards
More information will be posted in time
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 08:01:32 pm by LegacyoftheOracles »
Link: "Who put the ape in Apricot? What've they got that I ain't got?
Ganon: "Courage?"

CoFounder of:
Re: Legend of Zelda TCG
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 07:35:54 pm »
So is this gonna be like a game for real? Or more like a game played on PC? :) Because I tried that, and it don't work  XD (Mainly because I can't code games)

Sounds interesting though.
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 07:37:37 pm »
thanks It took me about 10 minutes to type all of that up.  The only thing I really need is experience in Photoshop and then I can start making the cards.

CoFounder of:

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2008, 07:42:49 pm »
  • The Mike
This looks pretty cool. I used to play with yugioh cards. So to me, I guess you could say I could like this game, depending if it gets completed or not. But I have faith in you!

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2008, 07:46:06 pm »
I really appreciate the current support I've gotten after less than 15 minutes.  If anyone is interested in helping design cards or basic card layouts they are free to do so.

CoFounder of:
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2008, 08:12:59 pm »
  • You're the yellow bird that I've been waiting for.
Seems like an awsome concept :]
To create the cards you can use http://magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/
It's not difficult to make or edit new templates
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2008, 09:48:32 pm »
presenting the first card... thanks to brighteyes for the link
now here is Link the Hero of Time. This is just an example card, any comments?

CoFounder of:
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2008, 10:17:18 pm »
I figured I would reveal a few of the card sets I have planned:

Treasures of the Great Sea:  Features Cards from TWW and PH
Curse upon the Wind: Features Cards from FS and FSA
Ancient Secrets: Features Cards from LOZ and AOL
War of Fate: Features cards from OOT
Dreams upon Destiny: Features Cards from LA
Chapters of Secrets: Features Cards from OOA and OOS
Shadows of the Past: Features Cards from TP
Festival of Tomorrow: Features cards from MM
Hidden Legends: Features Cards from MC
Golden Illusions: Features Cards from fan-made games here on ZFGC
Endless Fortune: Features cards from FPTRR and TBF
Imitated Heros: Features cards from LTFOE, ZTWOG and ZA

CoFounder of:

j.a

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2008, 10:16:06 pm »
i know this is old and dead :(... anyways... I'm pretty good with photo shop(I'm NOT the best) and if you want i could make some cards please... thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 55 queries.

anything