Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ZFGC Weekly  (Read 2876 times)

ZFGC Weekly
« on: April 05, 2009, 05:47:10 am »

Volume 10, Issue 2 - April 5th, 2009
irc.kbfail.net #zfgc

1. Community Announcements
2. Best of the Forum
3. Weekly Awards
4. The Big Question

Community Announcements

-- The Project of the Month for March is "The Legend of Zelda" with an undecided subtitle. Congratulations to Sahittam!
-- The MC Community Project board is now open for posting.

Best of the Forum

Freedom at Last!
http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=33802.0
Quote from: Moon_child
I'm going to move out soon! Because since tonight I have the key for my own room. :D So no more living under the rules from the bible for me. :D

Now I'm going to make sure I'll get the !@#$% outta my mom's house as soon as possible.

so yeah... boys become man huh? :P

They Weren't Junk Mail
http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=33799.0
Quote from: Xiphirx
* Xiphirx  stares at the 3lbs pile of "PLZ COM TO OUR UNIVERSITY" letters

Meh, I still don't know which one I want to go to.

Dude, Where's My Prank?
http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=33792.0
Quote from: 4Sword
Probably not - the honest truth is that I have been busy with other things including the Project of the Month, user/staff rank images, working with SMF 2.0 for a future revamp of the forum, working with an engine concept for the upcoming community project, and schoolwork. April Fool's hasn't meant that much to me anyway since EGM stopped being published.

Weekly Awards

Map of the Week
Xfixium's WIP Koholint Island
http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=33810.0
Quote from: Xfixium
Well, I started this a little while ago when Jeod started making Link's Awakening. Basically I'm making a re-tile of Link's Awakening using the original's resolution. Basically I'm gonna update this every so often for shits and giggles[...]

Concept of the Week
Sprite Collector's "Oracle of Dreams"
http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=33693.0
Quote from: Sprite Collector
[...]The forest used to be the courtyard for the castle. In an act of love, the King and Queen each planted a tree to grow with their kingdom. You'll get the Master sword from a quest dealing with the two trees hence the Triforce symbol on each. In an act of rebellion ten years ago, a prince of Hyrule cut down one of the ancient trees causing an uproar throughout the kingdom. In turn, things became hostile between races and the general glow of Hyrule began to fade. The forest slowly began dying as the fight continued as did any other part of the land which was far from the peace within the castle walls. The Kokiri fled closer and closer to the castle but those left behind turned to Moblins and live in the dead section that's orange. There is a man who live in the house by the tree that was cut down who has been trying to restore the peace by planting a new tree each year. Recently one took [which is why there's a space in front of the tree with crack in the pavement] and a small tree began to grow. This tree is similar to the Deku trees through out the series and can speak. She tells Link that she was among the few things in Hyrule which maintains it's purity, but sadly, she would be dying soon as well. Her roots are entwined with that of the dead tree and the pavement prevents her from growing[...]

Sheet of the Week
Miles07's Giant Items Sheet
http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=33788.0
Quote from: Miles07
Given at the correct resolution for the games (28.34 pxl/in), so please don't complain about the size.

And yes, this is the sheet that I've been working on at TSR, in case any of you hang out there.

Now, I know that not every sprite is actually in TMC style - in fact, you'll notice that there are revamps and even SD'd sprites in there... But this is as close as I could make it. Are there any suggestions, anything that I've missed?

Oh, and speaking of which... I'll need a few things to finish the sheet (the Wind Waker section, actually). If anyone can get me screenshots or well-detailed descriptions (or even better, ♪ TMC-style spri-ites! ♫) of the Trading Sequence items from TWW, that would be very much appreciated (and you'll be thanked in the ♪ credits! ♫). So, thanks ahead of time.
And I'll be sure to post here in case there're any more updates to the sheet. Stay tuned!

Big Question

Last week's question: Does the recent news of the Spirit Tracks make you more inclined to putting a train in your Zelda game?
Summary of answers: No, it wouldn't even cross my mind.

This week's question: Do you think that the DSi is worth buying?

Author of this week's issue: Reo

Miles07

Knight of ERA
Re: ZFGC Weekly
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 06:17:58 am »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
Thanx a ton.

Answer to this week's question: Nope. I'll wait until Nintendo gives a GOOD reason to buy one before I start thinking about it. Like, say, DSiWare Four Swords 3 game?
I was talking to my friend last night, and he was mentioning about how in 1980, he thought the internet would become this amazing place where people from across the world would share ideas. I was telling him about how this project [KOT] has worked, lurching along for years and drawn by different people from across the globe, and he thought it was beautiful. And he was right, it's awesome. :D

Zelda Items Spritesheet album (OUT OF DATE) - (link here)
A Link Across Time project - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Metroid) - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Zelda) - (link here)
Boss Keys project Trello Board - (link here)
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 06:33:03 am »
Nope. I didn't think the DS was worth buying, nothing's changed just cause they added a camera. It's even more gimmicky now.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.

D-Pad

A.K.A. Gyrowolf
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 04:24:06 pm »
As an DS Phat owner who skipped over the DS Lite for being nothing more than an aesthetic update, the DSi looks extremely appealing. It has most of the features I missed out on by not upgrading to Lite -- the slimmer design, better backlighting -- while offering me a ton of new features like DSi Ware, cameras, SD card support etc.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
ZFGC Weekly
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 11:33:19 pm »
  • Silly cat!
Nah, I've got a sexy red DS Lite. Don't need no DSi.

Though some of its features are kind of intriguing.

Hoffy.
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2009, 11:38:38 pm »
Nope, with the new DS camera, it means games are going to be (And are being) developed to be played using a camera, this will alienate those who just want to keep their DSPhat, or lite. A bad business move in theory. But Nintendo Fanboys are such devout followers that they are just going to shovel out the money for this crap. Further more its pricing, its basically a DS Lite with a camera and SD Card, and yet they are selling it at £149.99. Thats pretty overpriced really. Whilst not a strech on the price tag, and not exactly going to bust a bank account. Theres still no real reason for it to be 149£...
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2009, 09:26:13 am »
Actually this reminds me, I need to buy a DS and a flash cart.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.

Jeod

Team Dekunutz, Doubleteam
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2009, 02:54:24 pm »
I still own my old gba and games, so I may pick the DSi up when the price drops.
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Zelda GBC+ Engine for Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Doubleteam Project Page

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2009, 05:50:45 pm »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
I still own my old gba and games, so I may pick the DSi up when the price drops.

So do I. How lucky we are, right?
I was talking to my friend last night, and he was mentioning about how in 1980, he thought the internet would become this amazing place where people from across the world would share ideas. I was telling him about how this project [KOT] has worked, lurching along for years and drawn by different people from across the globe, and he thought it was beautiful. And he was right, it's awesome. :D

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2009, 04:36:49 pm »
Well here in the netherlands the DSi has arrived, but at a whooping price of €166,-. For that price I can buy an Xbox360. Usually I buy a console based on the games it offers, but there are no games that I want to play that I can't play on my DSLite.

I know that many people believe that Nintendo is ripping people of with the Wii and I disagree with them, but the DSi is clearly a ripoff to me. Absolutely useless.

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2009, 07:22:52 pm »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
Like I said,

I'll wait until Nintendo gives a GOOD reason to buy one before I start thinking about it. Like, say, DSiWare Four Swords 3 game?

That would be win, seriously.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 59 queries.