Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rpg maker xp gltich  (Read 1995 times)

Rpg maker xp gltich
« on: September 07, 2011, 06:00:52 pm »
  • It's just Max.
So, the most bizarre glitch I've ever encountered is upon me. Whenever the player swings a sword, breaks a pot, cuts a bush, uses any weapon, whichever event was created fourth, EV004, as its identity is, appears wherever the attack was directed or the pot/bush was. The only way I can figure out how to fix this is to delete event 4 out of each room, but... That's ridiculous!
Please, if anybody can help, I need it! This is halting the production of my game.

Background on my game, the player has a number of items available to him, but all the weapons work like this. When you press the button to attack, the "target" x and y variables are set to the player's location, then adjusted to represent the coordinates of the square being attacked. The enemy events, whenever the target is set, check to see if the target x and y match their x and y, and if so, take damage. The pots and bushes check in the same way, and if the target is on them, they get destroyed, specifically, using the erase event command, rather than a self-switch, because I want them back later.

There is a demo of my game that I would love if anybody took apart and checked out, and here's a link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?87yomxxaw4zepic

This glitch didn't appear in older demos, and I'm not sure what I changed that could have caused this. If anybody has any questions about anything, please ask, I really appreciate / need any help available to me.

D-Pad

A.K.A. Gyrowolf
Re: Rpg maker xp gltich
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 10:55:32 pm »
Without seeing the code, at first glance, it looks to me like the event that creates or handles the sword slash is creating and/or re-positioning EV004. It's using EV004 to check for collisions at the position, maybe? Or perhaps EV004 was to be some sort of effect event for the sword? Whatever the case, the problem can be solved simply by removing the sprite from the object and letting the player move through it, essentially making it invisible.

Oh I see what you're saying, rethinking...

Edit - Are you using scripts or events for the attack?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 11:27:53 pm by D-Pad »
Re: Rpg maker xp gltich
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 02:15:29 am »
  • It's just Max.
I'm using events for everything, and thanks for looking. I actually got help on a different board just now, this fellow looked through it and found the command I was couldn't. In the common event I use to process enemies getting hit, there was a set event location of "EV004".
The explanation of why that command was there was this: when I was creating this common event, I was on a certain map, then I opened the database to do the common event. However, the database draws from your current map to display map-based events. So the 4th event I had put on THAT map was a "target" event, which I was moving around upon attacks to aim animations. However, when I went to a different map, instead of moving the "target" event, it moved EV004, which was different on every map.

This worried me, though, because I did the moving around a map-based event with another mechanic, which was meant to mimic the elegy of emptiness. It set a map-based event by your hero, then turned it into the graphic of a hero copy. I don't know if that will continue to work...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 41 queries.

anything