Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Majora's Mask 3DS  (Read 6304 times)

Majora's Mask 3DS
« on: November 05, 2014, 10:46:36 pm »
We all knew it was coming; now it's finally official!  :)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj6cXziHpjQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj6cXziHpjQ</a>

MGZero: Fixed the youtube link, you were doing it wrong :P

Crim

Super Special Awesome
Re: Majora's Mask 3DS
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 11:08:38 pm »
  • I'm Pro!
i cant wait.
  • Crim is Pro!
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 05:14:09 am »
I'm excited for this game coming out too, but I still need to get the Nintendo 3DS; I figure I'll wait until either the red or blue translucent 2DS or the New 3DS comes out in North America. But definitely, Majora's Mask is just one of those odd Zelda games that has a world you want to explore and get lost in.

Zhello

N.A.D.I.
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 06:53:46 pm »
  • L'homme avec beaucoup de noms.
Lol didn't see them making MM 3DS anytime soon, was gonna go for a remake on the wii U.

The IT Guy
Intermediate Coder
Linux is a wonderful thing
~Linkwolf48/Gumstone1080~

The Legend of Zelda - New Beginnings

http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=34986.0
1.6 Demo -
https://www.dropbox.com/s/56km0iadaras56g/LoZNB%20Game%20Folder.rar?dl=0

Side Projects:

Dragon Diary - Cybernetic Threat
Story: http://wiki.zfgc.com/Cybernetic_Threat

Aero88
ZFGC is like the Hotel California.  You can come in but you can never leave!

devianart: http://linkwolf48.deviantart.com/

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2014, 03:40:00 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
I'm definitely one of the few here that can't stand Majora's Mask. I'll still probably get this simply because OoT3d was pretty great compared to the original, but I highly doubt it will captivate me any more than it did before. Feels like a glorified expansion pack for OoT that focuses too much on NPC and exposition and too little on what Zelda is at it's core. OoT at least had a balance between exposition and dungeons, but MM is just... kind of terrible as a Zelda game. It's okay if you don't look at it as a Zelda game I suppose, but to me it's the captain toad of the Zelda world.
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2014, 09:12:04 am »
  • 笑い男
That was actually really well put.

I too never got all the way through it before (only played it on the gamecube though) so it'll be a good chance to... give it another chance lol, especially if it'll be as well made, or even better as/than OOT3D was.

Honestly one of my biggest problems atm is that I'm just terrible at making time to play games, and end up just buying them and never properly playing them D:
Even though they and this I'm sure will be plenty of fun.

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World

Crim

Super Special Awesome
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2014, 11:43:41 pm »
  • I'm Pro!
ill also admit i never beat or really liked majora's mask. i actually never got past like the first part in the beginning :P but i look forward to giving this updated game another go.
  • Crim is Pro!

Jeod

Team Dekunutz, Doubleteam
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2014, 01:40:56 am »
My patience will finally be put to the test as I won't have a L-to-levitate code to use on this one.
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Zelda GBC+ Engine for Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Doubleteam Project Page

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2014, 03:16:32 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
I really hope they uh...

Well... I mean Majora's Mask was a very rushed title. IIRC the saving system was only the way it was because they had issues testing the regular save/quit system from other Zelda titles, so they introduced the owl statues. I really sincerely hope they got rid of that BS and gave the game the proper flesh-out time that the original lacked. Aonuma is apparently boasting that the game has content that will bring new people in, so I mean... It's worth a go for me. I still may not enjoy it as much as I would other Zelda titles, but Zelda is Zelda.
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2014, 05:29:46 am »
When i was younger i never enjoyed majoras mask, for two main reasons
1. my save somehow got deleted atleast 5-6 times so i never made it past the goron ice temple, which makes it frustrating to play half the game and never seen the end half of the game except on emulators once(cheats get used because levitating >>>)

2. I feel like i was too young to respect what this game is. Looking at it like a zelda game, its sort of the odd one out. But at the same time its very different and innovative so i will give them that. What i didnt want to pay attention to was stories and themes and extras and all of that - i just wanted to kill bosses and beat temples and get cool items. But looking back at some of the themes in majoras mask made me atleast respect the game. It has some thought going into it. There are so many theories and such surrounding the game. Its so unique. Its different. It took a risk and i dont know how much i like playing it, but i do respect it and give it a pretty high place just because it has given me some fun.

Im excited to finally get to play through the whole game now that its updated. I felt the same with oot, in the fact that if they were going to remake such an iconic game putting it on the main console(Wii U) would lead to the ability to truly bring this game to life - full HD graphics and such - as i thought OOT 2D still had lots of graphical errors, while on the Wii U they could fully brush every little detail over.

rhalifax

Pixelated Tree
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2014, 05:28:53 am »
  • I'm here for the Bacon
MM3D 4 lyfe
Pixelated Tree. | I make crappy Youtube videos now.
XBL- aaronshatonyou | PSN- cpt ehren | Steam- cptehren
  • Pixelated Tree
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2014, 05:41:36 pm »
It's a tough call to which 'remake' I am looking forward to most: MM3D or Omega Ruby/Sapphire  ::)
Might have to buy them both.
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2014, 06:29:42 pm »
  • 笑い男
I really hope they uh...

Well... I mean Majora's Mask was a very rushed title. IIRC the saving system was only the way it was because they had issues testing the regular save/quit system from other Zelda titles, so they introduced the owl statues. I really sincerely hope they got rid of that BS and gave the game the proper flesh-out time that the original lacked. Aonuma is apparently boasting that the game has content that will bring new people in, so I mean... It's worth a go for me. I still may not enjoy it as much as I would other Zelda titles, but Zelda is Zelda.

For what reason who knows, but apparently this has been in development since right after OOT3D was released, so about 3 years, which is a lot longer, or twice as long actually, than the original, which only took 18 months apparently. Will be interesting to see how it's turned out.

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2014, 08:19:47 pm »
I'm pretty excited for this. I didn't really appreciate Majora's Mask when it came out, but since then it has actually become one of my favourite games, and I've actually been replaying the original on the N64 in the last little bit here. I know some people didn't like the lack of Temples/Dungeons in it, but honestly I've always kind of enjoyed the npc quests more so than the actual dungeons.
I made a thing! Please try the thing, it's what the kids are calling a "vidja game" for the iOS Splashy Bucket
  • Fictitious Spoon Productions
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.217 seconds with 66 queries.

anything