Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sad Theme  (Read 4424 times)

Gyrowolf

Sad Theme
« on: April 18, 2006, 04:56:29 pm »
This one sounds good for a destroyed town or something, but you can use it whenever and where ever you feel like it. Tell me what you think.

Right Click and Save-As

If you use it, please be sure to give credit. Thanks!

There's alot more at my website. You can view them here: http://gyrowolf.weezyhost.com/resources.html

Tryce, a.k.a., Gyrowolf
Re: Sad Theme
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 05:15:42 am »
It's pretty nice actually. I think though that some of the woodwinds are overlapping each other a bit too much and muddling the sound a bit. You may want to try to break out of the general set up you have now. I know, I do that far too often with my own music, it can be hard to do, but it's worth it. Keeps the interest up. I'll have a look at your other stuff. Keep composing man, this place could always use more musicians!

EDIT: Oh my, I just took a listen to your stuff on the page, and it's all very nice. I especially like your town songs. All I could see getting better would be if you went and used something a bit more high-end like FL Studio to add some reverbs, delay and EQ... of course with some better samples. I love the first town theme, it's a really nice upbeat tune. If you want, I have a few high quality soundfonts (a great pizzicato as well as a great set of woodwinds, as well as some strings) for that town song. It reminds me a lot of the Iselia music from Tales of Symphonia, especially with the beginning pizzicato and ... oboe?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 05:21:58 am by Q.K. »

Gyrowolf

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 05:46:57 am »
Thanks for the awesome comment!

I think though that some of the woodwinds are overlapping each other a bit too much and muddling the sound a bit.

You mean towards the end (before it loops)? That part didn't quite turn out how it was supposed to. I'll work on it a bit more.

You may want to try to break out of the general set up you have now. I know, I do that far too often with my own music, it can be hard to do, but it's worth it. Keeps the interest up.

I agree, but things tend to get a bit random when I do this. I'm practicing though.

All I could see getting better would be if you went and used something a bit more high-end like FL Studio to add some reverbs, delay and EQ... of course with some better samples. I love the first town theme, it's a really nice upbeat tune. If you want, I have a few high quality soundfonts (a great pizzicato as well as a great set of woodwinds, as well as some strings) for that town song.

I have samples, but wouldn't that require me to export the file to wav or mp3? My goal was/is to create some music that game developers can use in there games. Since midi is the easiest to work with on both sides, I chose it. Unless I'm missing something here (midi with soundfonts?)... ???
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 05:52:21 am »
Well, yes, exporting to mp3 would probably be the easiest way for people using soundfonts. While it is bigger, it DOES allow you to have lots of freedom with what you do (cutting and editing audio, adding reverb, delays, and various effects) You could also try encoding it as an mp3 first, then using something like dBpowerAMP to encode it into an Ogg Vorbis file, which, if done at the right rate, can be merely 8-10+ the size of a MIDI, while retaining decent mp3 data.

As for an alternative, I'm not 100% sure, but I would reckon, you could have your music along with soundfonts in the same folder, and set it up somehow (Again, I'm the wrong person for this technical stuff) so that it loads the soundfonts externally.

In any case, it's very nice anyways. We unfortunately have so few musicians here... some of the best ones are gone as well (tssf), but oh well.

Gyrowolf

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2006, 06:06:38 am »
As for an alternative, I'm not 100% sure, but I would reckon, you could have your music along with soundfonts in the same folder, and set it up somehow (Again, I'm the wrong person for this technical stuff) so that it loads the soundfonts externally.

I've asked if something like this was possible in Game Maker, but alas, the answer was no. The only way I know how to include soundfonts with the files (granted, it's not midi format) is to use DirectMusic Producer's Container feature, and Runtime Save-As the files as .SGT, and then use them in Game Maker instead. Though the file sizes can get large, depending on the size of the soundfonts attacted.

In any case, it's very nice anyways. We unfortunately have so few musicians here... some of the best ones are gone as well (tssf), but oh well.

I appreciate the comments. Thanks, again! ;D
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2006, 06:17:07 pm »
It sounds good, but I think there could be a bit more variety in the harmony.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.266 seconds with 49 queries.