Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Poll

For my game, FFV-2, should I go for modern day quality game music or old school style?

SNES Quality
- 4 (50%)
Modern Day Quality
- 1 (12.5%)
Midi Quality
- 3 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Poll: (RESETED) OLD SCHOOL NEW SCHOOL OR MIDI. (possible request)  (Read 4744 times)

LexGames

Poll: (RESETED) OLD SCHOOL NEW SCHOOL OR MIDI. (...
« on: April 20, 2006, 02:04:33 am »
For my game, FFV-2, should I go for modern day quality game music or old school style?
If old school seems to be the popular vote, Im gonna need someone to make a few songs
from my game into midis. Please express your opinion. It helps.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 04:19:25 am by LexGames »

Drew

Re: Poll: Mp3 to midi. (possible request)
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 02:08:02 am »
It really depends on the effectiveness of the game and what mood it's in... I can't say unless I knew that for sure. MIDI would be better for size and stuff, but doesn't sound AS good... and the other sounds great but is more size...
I can't vote :P
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 03:00:57 am »
  • The hero of Link
Midi's are better! Les space consumming!
  • A.D. Zelda

tippz

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 04:56:31 am »
A lot of games still use midis for their music. It just makes sense as a lot of the gamig public doesn't know the difference.
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2006, 04:58:40 pm »
If it was an original game, I'd say MP3, but since you're making a remake (aren't you?) of Final Fantasy 5, I think that MIDI would fit the game better.

Drew

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2006, 08:40:58 pm »
I didn't know if it was a remake or not... but if it was a remake, MIDI, mainly because it just fits it better when it's a remake :D

LexGames

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2006, 08:59:56 pm »
Its a sequel. I'll leave the remake up to Square-Enix since they're already remakeing it for GBA.
So far it seems I'll go with midis then.

aab

^ Evolved from a Hobbit
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2006, 10:39:09 pm »
I have a conflict with the poll, as mp3s actually sound like the old-school sounds, coming right out the snes:
Why not use low kbps mp3's? Sounds better, and much more like the original than the assembed midi output of the computer.
The midis dont reference the same sound library as you want them to, and so sound horrible, and use more cpu time than youd desire We're on pcs not a snes: sacrafice memory for speed. Anyway, a streamed mp3 wont use up much ram at all, only backing storage=>increased download time.
Although im a strictly mp3/ogg/(anything better than midi) person, you *could* offer an alternative download and so use both. Ie program searches for mp3 folder at startup, and if its not there will use midis throughout; If it is there, use the mp3s in that folder.

[edit]
The top two voted games in the zfgc 2005 game competition were the only mp3 users: They sounded and felt more authentic, and that was their strength: To have the atmosphere and feel like the game. They scored something like 1500 and 1400: the others at scores like 700, 500, 300, etc, which was kindof shocking as the mp3's were the only majour difference. (Well..higher framerate than some of the other very good entries, which was again to match the atmosphere of the taget zelda influence).
[/edit]
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 10:48:05 pm by aab »

I ♥ Sol
.... I ♥ Sol ? wtf how long has that been there? >_> *rrrrrrrrar*
  • MySpace

Ferie

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2006, 11:13:11 pm »
I can loop midis, and can change midis instruments.

LexGames

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2006, 04:15:10 am »
so how do i get low kbps mp3s?

also I have a few songs that I got from the OVA of FF:Legend of the Crystals and if I use snes quality music im gonna need them somehow edited... is this possible?

EDIT: I RESETED THE POLL to make it less conflicting.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 04:18:02 am by LexGames »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 60 queries.