Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help With Platformer Boss  (Read 1091 times)

Help With Platformer Boss
« on: August 18, 2008, 11:33:01 pm »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
Hey guys, so basically, I'm working on a game, and I need help on the first world's boss. It's basically a large blue  creature that walks back and forth, and you have to jump on it's head three times to kill him. It's really simple, and I want to...spice it up a little. Do you think anyone can help?

Also, he gets carried in by a bird, as sort of an introductory sequence. Some examples of ideas I would like would be uh...like, after you hit him, he gets angrier and faster, he grows in size, different appearance, etc.
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
Re: Help With Platformer Boss
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 11:42:33 pm »
I don't know, perhaps he could squash himself down and move under you in an attempt to attack you from below.  I do not know how the jumping code works with your character, but if he was not at the maximum of his jump and was just jumping off the ground that the character would take damage.  In that way, the character would have to time his jumps.

Either that or the boss would spin on his head rapidly with his feet out moving back in forth so that the character would have to jump over him to avoid the attack.
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 12:14:28 am »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
I don't know, perhaps he could squash himself down and move under you in an attempt to attack you from below.  I do not know how the jumping code works with your character, but if he was not at the maximum of his jump and was just jumping off the ground that the character would take damage.  In that way, the character would have to time his jumps.

Either that or the boss would spin on his head rapidly with his feet out moving back in forth so that the character would have to jump over him to avoid the attack.
Hmm...I don't know about the first idea, but I like the idea of the boss himself being more rubbery (jumping, and bouncing on the ground). I also love the idea of him spinning around fast with his legs out. Maybe he should spin on his head?
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 11:06:01 pm »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine
start: moves slowly from side to side
1st bounce: move faster
2nd bounce: jumps and moves
3rd bounce: spins on head

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.754 seconds with 45 queries.

anything