Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down

Author Topic: [Engine Demo] tLoZ: Echoes of Aurelia  (Read 119369 times)

Re: [Engine Demo] tLoZ: Echoes of Aurelia
« Reply #160 on: September 05, 2014, 10:57:18 am »
  • Just call me Brad
How do you open the menu on the demo? Please help.
Press Enter, and never never never never never Escape :D
Thanks for reporting, I will add that to the readme.
Thank you, now finally i will be able to get out the bomb bag from the inventory. :P

EDIT: Finished the demo and... WOW!! Very beautiful, the music is amazing and pretty much all of it is awesome!! Can´t wait to see more!!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 05:33:31 pm by Sp3ctrum »
« Reply #161 on: September 26, 2014, 01:46:48 pm »
I'd kept checking on this project every few months or so for a long time now, eager to watch this project progress. I always thought it looked really nice and couldn't wait to see more. I just played the demo a couple days ago and holy cow, it was really beautiful. I loved playing it a lot. I did have to download it on some out of date browser that's not one of the major ones to download it though. Chrome thought it was really dangerous.

I'm replaying it again just now to get a second fresh experience. It's so nice to see that background image for the title screen. It's really beautiful and matches the feel of the game so well. It's almost like it was painted. The small design for each file in the selection screen is cute and pretty. I also really love the animation shown when copying files.

For some reason, you can't place bombs when you're standing standing against a wall of some sort; the only option you have with bombs is to throw them.

It'd be so cool to see a full-fledged clock as part of the final game's GUI. It's really beautiful and I like seeing how things change as time passes. By the way, is the time supposed to continue progressing while you're in the menu or when there is text? I'm not entirely sure if it changing during text, but I can see it during the menu.

It's really cool to see all the things I can cut down. There's the usual grass, small bushes.. But then I can cut these trees! The cut down stumps look really great and natural! Also, it's great to see the heart flowers from Skyward Sword! It's fantastic to see a place where hearts can grow indefinitely. I love how easy it is to cut everything! It feels so good here. Also, it's really cool that even the slingshot seeds interact with the bombs!

----

Unless the game is the top window the music won't loop. Whenever it reaches the end where it should loop, it just stops; it's done this while I was typing now. When you're on the pause menu, the music won't even start back up until you leave the pause menu.

It might be good to either completely automatically pause the music when the window isn't on top or make absolutely sure the music loops do work when on a lower window. I noticed the game itself pauses but the music does not when this is done. This happens in every location.

----

Big edit plus...

Would it possibly be a good idea to create a wiki page for the game on ZeldaWiki since it has its own fan game section? I noticed before that The Shadowgazer had one way back and it felt like it was way further back in development than this.

Also, at some point will we be able to download the entire soundtrack for the game?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 04:53:20 pm by NasiDe »
« Reply #162 on: September 30, 2014, 06:25:32 pm »
  • Let's do this.
For some reason, you can't place bombs when you're standing standing against a wall of some sort
That should be so because there is no place to put the bomb.

It'd be so cool to see a full-fledged clock as part of the final game's GUI.
At the moment there is a clock in debug mode but it should not be in the HUD. Maybe in the menu or something like that. During the menu and cutscenes the time should not continue but inside houses yes.

Unless the game is the top window the music won't loop
Yes I will try to fix that I will probably need to find an extension since Game Maker 8.1 has no function to check whether the window is active or not.

Would it possibly be a good idea to create a wiki page for the game on ZeldaWiki since it has its own fan game section?
There is a page on fantendo and on wikia Echoes of Aurelia is mentioned too. But ok, I will do also a wiki page on Zelda Wiki one day.

Also, at some point will we be able to download the entire soundtrack for the game?
If we don't encrypt the soundtrack and the composer says it is ok the OST will be in the music folder of the game.
This is one of many tales Hylian lore speaks of...

Click here to check out my Deviantart!
  • Zelda Time Walker

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #163 on: September 30, 2014, 07:21:25 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
I'm just dropping in here to say that this project kicks some serious ass.

Carry on
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #164 on: September 30, 2014, 08:00:00 pm »
  • Wooper Don't Give a !@#$%
I approve of this project

ROLL TIDE WHAT? **** YOU!!! Geaux Tiga

~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
  • Gamers & Developers Unlimited

rhalifax

Pixelated Tree
« Reply #165 on: September 30, 2014, 08:15:23 pm »
  • I'm here for the Bacon
Its fangames like this that get me excited!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT OMFG I LOVE IT

only a few things I noticed from the demo,
When I pushed the block in the cave it did not have a sfx
In the area where you walk on the clouds (right below the green rupee area) I fell off the tiny moving cloud platform and the player re-spawned right on the ledge and kept falling off until I died, I could not break the loop he just kept falling off the ledge, re-spawn, fall again, re-spawn until death

overall everything is solid and feels damn near like a legit Zelda game, keep up the amazing work!
Pixelated Tree. | I make crappy Youtube videos now.
XBL- aaronshatonyou | PSN- cpt ehren | Steam- cptehren
  • Pixelated Tree

AimesGames

Aimes Games: Zelda fan games.
« Reply #166 on: October 01, 2014, 11:55:04 am »
  • Zelda fan games.
I'm just dropping in here to say that this project kicks some serious ass.

Carry on

I agree.
  • AimesGames's Website
« Reply #167 on: October 17, 2014, 10:45:23 am »
Hi there – I just finished playing the demo release and it is totally great, I can’t wait to see more!

I had a quick question about how the game defines the Xbox Controllers. The reason I ask is because I have two controllers and when I start the game it inverts the settings (Controller 1 becomes Controller 2 and Controller 2 becomes Controller 1), does it pick up controllers based on the USB port they are plugged into? Oh BTW I’m using Windows XP so not sure if that is the culprit.

One more thing, if the controller is plugged in then pressing “Enter” to start the game on the keyboard doesn’t work – I guess that is by design?

Once again really great demo!
« Reply #168 on: October 14, 2015, 07:18:12 pm »
Has this been cancelled?
« Reply #169 on: October 15, 2015, 03:05:03 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
Has this been cancelled?

Whoa dude! Massive gravedigg you did! This topic is like a year old!
Please post on a topic that isn't older than 14 days. You will get in trouble!
« Reply #170 on: October 15, 2015, 06:41:37 pm »
Has this been cancelled?

Whoa dude! Massive gravedigg you did! This topic is like a year old!
Please post on a topic that isn't older than 14 days. You will get in trouble!
please do not rent-a-mod, but instead if you feel a rule violation has occurred use the "Report to moderator" functionality in the post.

That being said (and technically your observation on gravedigging is correct), I think the inquiry into the project status is okay given that Rayo, someone who had worked on the project has been active within the last month of time (and I think this project is really cool). I can't check to see if if the ZC forums topic on the project is up-to-date right now, but I would recommend checking there if you are able as well.
« Reply #171 on: October 22, 2015, 03:40:26 am »
The thread has been achieved on the PureZC forums due to being in a sub-forum that was in need of achieving. I think only members can access it. That said, there has been less activity there.

There are some new things on their Facebook page, but even that hasn't been active for a while now.

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #172 on: October 22, 2015, 05:48:49 am »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
You mean "archived"?
I was talking to my friend last night, and he was mentioning about how in 1980, he thought the internet would become this amazing place where people from across the world would share ideas. I was telling him about how this project [KOT] has worked, lurching along for years and drawn by different people from across the globe, and he thought it was beautiful. And he was right, it's awesome. :D

Zelda Items Spritesheet album (OUT OF DATE) - (link here)
A Link Across Time project - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Metroid) - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Zelda) - (link here)
Boss Keys project Trello Board - (link here)
« Reply #173 on: October 22, 2015, 02:01:25 pm »
Yeah, but I don't think this warrants a conversation. Auto-correct just kinda did a thing.
« Reply #174 on: May 15, 2016, 02:02:41 pm »
  • Let's do this.
Has this been cancelled?
This project hasn't been touched for a pretty long time. I doubt we will finish it. I would say yes, it is cancelled.

However I don't want to lose the engine. I am currently working on a very special project using the same engine.
It will not be a 'causal' fan game. If I have at least a playable version of the project I will inform you.
Therefore, look forward for the new and probably last Zelda project I will publish here on ZFGC in the nearly future.
Echoes of Aurelia has been a pretty cool project for me, it got a lot of attention. I thank you all for your support.

Rayo

• Zelda Time Walker
« Reply #175 on: May 17, 2016, 05:14:37 am »
  • Just call me Brad
Man, this has been cancelled?
This was seriously looking amazing...

If its not much to ask, It would be cool to play what you already had done for the game, even though it is cancelled...
It would also be great to see all the sprite sheets used, there are seriously really good sprites in this project.
« Reply #176 on: May 17, 2016, 05:35:26 am »
I also have to say it was a really great project.
I loved all those soundtracks you made, the tiles looked great and the demo was just "wow".
It was that just that MC feeling but still a new and unique experience.

So.. It's really sad to hear this is chancelled, even though I have expected it because of the lack of updates.
I am looking forward to your new project!
« Reply #177 on: May 17, 2016, 02:36:10 pm »
  • Let's do this.
If its not much to ask, It would be cool to play what you already had done for the game, even though it is cancelled...
It would also be great to see all the sprite sheets used, there are seriously really good sprites in this project.

All this, and many more features, are planned for the new project. Release date will be probably in some months, but this year.

• Zelda Time Walker
« Reply #178 on: August 03, 2016, 02:13:35 pm »
  • Let's do this.
The work we had done so far is included in Zelda Online(Alpha).
Check out the project: http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=41597.0

Bye, Aurelia.

• Zelda Time Walker
« Reply #179 on: August 04, 2016, 09:58:22 pm »
Wow! Then the fat lady has sung her final chord on this game.  :'(
Games that I support:

Forums that I am a member of:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.267 seconds with 78 queries.

anything