Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Know what games are almost better than Zelda games?  (Read 3977 times)

Re: Know what games are almost better than Zelda...
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2008, 01:59:54 am »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine
Pokemon R/B/Y/G/S/C/R/S/E

I couldnt stand Ruby Sapphire and Emerald... R/B/Y/G/S/C are all amazing though. just plain amazing...

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2008, 02:09:01 am »
  • :3
Pokemon R/B/Y/G/S/C/R/S/E

I couldnt stand Ruby Sapphire and Emerald... R/B/Y/G/S/C are all amazing though. just plain amazing...
I never really liked them as much, but looking at Diamond/Pearl- they're really great games. And just now, I've just realised Pokemon should always be in 2D.
Gannon-banned brother.

« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2008, 02:24:06 am »
Well, Zelda truly is one of my favorite series, but another, very similar "series" is Quintet's "Soul Blazer" "Trilogy" (Loosely speaking, similar characters in each) ESPECIALLY Illusion of Gaia/Time and Terranigma.

Also, I love Boktai (The game with the solar sensor), had so much fun with that in Texas ;D
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 05:00:15 am by Jetstorm4 »

Manly men don't sass. Manly men get in FIGHTS! Fist fights using manly fists!
  • JetDesigns

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2008, 02:52:23 am »
  • Silly cat!
I've never played a Tales Of game, but in all honesty I can say Metroid is among my favourite series of games, for the sheer amount of depth it has, the exceptional music, etc. It easily stands up with Zelda- if anything it's just Zelda in the future. <3 Metroid Prime and N64/GBA Zelda.

If I can recommend a game better than Zelda, I'd have to say Pokemon or Metal Gear Solid, all three series have had disappointing new installments, so knocking the newest games off from each series, Pokemon R/B/Y/G/S/C/R/S/E and MGS 1, 2, and 3 are all awesome. I'm not sure about the original Metal Gear games.

I say we turn this topic into our favourite games we think are better than Zelda.
I love you, Kyubi <3. Those series are among my favourites ever. I love Metroid, Metal Gear and Pokemon. And Zelda, obviously. Actually, all of the games in those series have impressed me (yeah, I liked Diamond/Pearl and I haven't played MGS4 yet). The Mario games are also decent, but their abundance often results in poor installments. Games like Mario Galaxy, Paper Mario (1 & 2), Mario & Luigi, Mario Kart and Mario Tennis are all great, but other games like Mario Party just let the franchise down. I think those are the only decent game series out there.

Other series I think are okay are Resident Evil (except Resident Evil 3), Mother (actually, I only like Mother 3). Oh, and I don't like Final Fantasy.

Speaking of Metroid, this game needs to be made:

And a Pokemon game with similar graphics technology would be cool, too.

Hoffy.

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2008, 03:04:33 am »
  • :3
I've never played a Tales Of game, but in all honesty I can say Metroid is among my favourite series of games, for the sheer amount of depth it has, the exceptional music, etc. It easily stands up with Zelda- if anything it's just Zelda in the future. <3 Metroid Prime and N64/GBA Zelda.

If I can recommend a game better than Zelda, I'd have to say Pokemon or Metal Gear Solid, all three series have had disappointing new installments, so knocking the newest games off from each series, Pokemon R/B/Y/G/S/C/R/S/E and MGS 1, 2, and 3 are all awesome. I'm not sure about the original Metal Gear games.

I say we turn this topic into our favourite games we think are better than Zelda.
I love you, Kyubi <3. Those series are among my favourites ever. I love Metroid, Metal Gear and Pokemon. And Zelda, obviously. Actually, all of the games in those series have impressed me (yeah, I liked Diamond/Pearl and I haven't played MGS4 yet). The Mario games are also decent, but their abundance often results in poor installments. Games like Mario Galaxy, Paper Mario (1 & 2), Mario & Luigi, Mario Kart and Mario Tennis are all great, but other games like Mario Party just let the franchise down. I think those are the only decent game series out there.

Other series I think are okay are Resident Evil (except Resident Evil 3), Mother (actually, I only like Mother 3). Oh, and I don't like Final Fantasy.

Oh god, Hoffy, take me now! I swear you have the EXACT same taste in games as me. I still need to complete Mario & Luigi.  :-\

I'm assuming your no-hotlinking image was meant to be Metroid Dread?
Gannon-banned brother.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2008, 06:19:21 am »
  • Silly cat!

Oh god, Hoffy, take me now! I swear you have the EXACT same taste in games as me. I still need to complete Mario & Luigi.  :-\

No hotlinking? It shows up just fine for me :S.

Try this link:

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee75/mariopepper4/super_metroid-final_boss-wall_bbs-s.jpg

Hoffy.
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2008, 06:38:05 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君
Good lord!  Is that even a game?  It looks like it's just a digital painting of Super Metroid.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2008, 06:43:37 am »
  • Silly cat!
Good lord!  Is that even a game?  It looks like it's just a digital painting of Super Metroid.
Not a game, and yes, a digital representation of the final boss from Super Metroid (minus the red circle drawn in paint). And I'd imagine it'd be technically possible (and awesome) to run on console hardware, though probably a pain in the ass to develop. Either way, NEEDS TO HAPPEN (and with Pokemon too).

Hoffy.
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2008, 07:59:35 am »
  • Minalien
Not a game, and yes, a digital representation of the final boss from Super Metroid (minus the red circle drawn in paint). And I'd imagine it'd be technically possible (and awesome) to run on console hardware, though probably a pain in the ass to develop. Either way, NEEDS TO HAPPEN (and with Pokemon too).
Hell, if I had somebody who could pop graphics like that out, it wouldn't be all that hard at all to make it. It's just a three-dimensional side-scrolling platform game >.> Be fun as hell to make, too :D
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2008, 12:05:08 pm »
  • Silly cat!
Hell, if I had somebody who could pop graphics like that out, it wouldn't be all that hard at all to make it. It's just a three-dimensional side-scrolling platform game >.> Be fun as hell to make, too :D
!@#$%, let's do it! Right now!

Yeah, that "pain in the ass to develop" was referring to the graphical side of things >_>.

Hoffy.
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2008, 01:26:15 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
You know what game was more awesome than Zelda?
Phantasy Star Online Ep 1 & 2
Sure, it had those...so-called "hackers", but they somehow enhanced the game in their own little way. WoW ain't got !@#$% on this game ;P

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2008, 04:10:38 pm »
  • Colbydude was here.
You know what game was more awesome than Zelda?
Phantasy Star Online Ep 1 & 2
Sure, it had those...so-called "hackers", but they somehow enhanced the game in their own little way. WoW ain't got !@#$% on this game ;P
PSO is awesome, but I'm not sure about saying WoW has nothing on it. The enemies in PSO got repetative to me.

Mole-guys with generic slash animation.
Shark things with same slash animation as mole.
Cyber shark looking things with same slash animation.
Bear things with same slash animation.

They need to make a new PS game that is good. PSU ftl >:(
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2008, 06:04:08 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.

No hotlinking? It shows up just fine for me :S.

Try this link:

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee75/mariopepper4/super_metroid-final_boss-wall_bbs-s.jpg

lol they circled the mario pipe :P

But yeah that's all possible; just need someone with the patience to hand draw every sprite....
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.254 seconds with 65 queries.

anything