Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DS Homebrew?  (Read 2308 times)

DS Homebrew?
« on: April 17, 2008, 07:42:57 pm »
How is DS Homebrew doing? is it good enough to make something on? are there easy to use SDKs for it yet?
So give me you're code and add mine:
Code: 4296-2644-3642

Sorry guys.  I just don't have the time anymore for the CP.  Working two jobs and just having a couple hours to play my Wii and continue learning programming just is not leaving me free time to focus on the CP.  I feel that it's my obligation to step aside as Level Director.  It's just a time issue.  Since I am also a global mod that also takes some of my focus from the CP.  So, it's nothing against anybody or what not, I'm just out of time anymore it seems.  Sorry again.
wtf, i remember posts that used to have content explaining reasons rather than ways to get rises out of users with a youtube video and no reason as to why!

How to post maturely:
epic intolerance, I caught aids from the stupidity in your post

why not issue everyone 5 opinion tokens for each year, if they voice their opinion without presenting a token- they can be legally murdered
Make sure every post you make is mature like these two (and there's many more). You just can't beat ZFGC's friendliness and maturity!
Re: DS Homebrew?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 08:43:02 pm »
Good, Yes and Yes.

Just google, theres tons of info on it.
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 10:37:38 pm »
Maybe, but can't you do the same things with a DS as a Keyboard and mouse?

Sorry guys.  I just don't have the time anymore for the CP.  Working two jobs and just having a couple hours to play my Wii and continue learning programming just is not leaving me free time to focus on the CP.  I feel that it's my obligation to step aside as Level Director.  It's just a time issue.  Since I am also a global mod that also takes some of my focus from the CP.  So, it's nothing against anybody or what not, I'm just out of time anymore it seems.  Sorry again.
wtf, i remember posts that used to have content explaining reasons rather than ways to get rises out of users with a youtube video and no reason as to why!

How to post maturely:

why not issue everyone 5 opinion tokens for each year, if they voice their opinion without presenting a token- they can be legally murdered
Make sure every post you make is mature like these two (and there's many more). You just can't beat ZFGC's friendliness and maturity!
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 10:49:20 pm »
Huh?

Do you mean can you emulate a keyboard/mouse style input system? If so yes, that only takes minimal programming.
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2008, 10:53:22 pm »
Huh?

Do you mean can you emulate a keyboard/mouse style input system? If so yes, that only takes minimal programming.
More like any game I made on DS I could make on PC and have a wider market.

How to post maturely:

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2008, 10:55:12 pm »
Huh?

lol, with extreme difficulty. Porting applications across multiple platforms is an art form in itself, it is never easy, but is possible with some advanced coding.
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2008, 10:57:24 pm »
Huh?

lol, with extreme difficulty. Porting applications across multiple platforms is an art form in itself, it is never easy, but is possible with some advanced coding.
No, No. I mean there's no differance in gameplay between Keyboard and mouse and DS stylis and buttons. If I made a game on DS homebrew only those who can run homebrew could use it, but on PC a lot more people could, so why run on DS?

How to post maturely:

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2008, 10:58:23 pm »
O_o, ... ok ... so why are you asking about the DS then if you don't want to use it? Sorry your confusing the hell out of me.
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2008, 11:10:24 pm »
O_o, ... ok ... so why are you asking about the DS then if you don't want to use it? Sorry your confusing the hell out of me.
It was something I thought of after the fact, and I haven't tested it. I was seeing if anyone found anything wrong with it.

How to post maturely:

Giverny

Christ on Acid
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2008, 01:07:53 am »
  • Bitte Scheiße
DS games are better than cmputer games in many ways too.

THEGivernyPROJECT
~LynkW-Surrender Global
  • Surrender Global Forums
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2008, 03:46:10 am »
  • You're the yellow bird that I've been waiting for.
I see Sora's point, but I think the DS' portability makes it infinitely more practical for professional styled games. My MacbookPro is pretty portable, but I have a little trouble fitting in my pocket :[
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2008, 03:48:10 am »
I see Sora's point, but I think the DS' portability makes it infinitely more practical for professional styled games. My MacbookPro is pretty portable, but I have a little trouble fitting in my pocket :[
Ahh, portability. I forgot about that. That does change things.

How to post maturely:

Giverny

Christ on Acid
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2008, 06:45:17 am »
  • Bitte Scheiße
Save touch screen and dual screen, portability is the only reason I started programming for the DS.
THEGivernyPROJECT
~LynkW-Surrender Global
  • Surrender Global Forums
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2008, 04:21:14 pm »
I know of PALib and I was considering porting my next PC game(when that's done) to the DS using the library; Any opinions of the PALib? Is there a better alternative other than mastering ASM/C and writing a library myself?
Intel P4 3.2 GHZ
2.5GB SDRAM DDR400
350GB SATA
ATI RADEON HD 2600PRO 512MB
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy2 Z
Windows XP SP2

Current Projects: None.
- Trask
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2008, 06:39:32 pm »
I know of PALib and I was considering porting my next PC game(when that's done) to the DS using the library;
Owh god, thats going to be a nasty task. I wish you good luck with that, the DS and PC architecture are incredibly different, porting between them is going to be hard.

Any opinions of the PALib? Is there a better alternative other than mastering ASM/C and writing a library myself?
libnds? Its more or less directly interfacing the hardware, there a just a few pointers wrapped in defines and such.
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2008, 07:00:13 pm »
I know of PALib and I was considering porting my next PC game(when that's done) to the DS using the library;
Owh god, thats going to be a nasty task. I wish you good luck with that, the DS and PC architecture are incredibly different, porting between them is going to be hard.

Well, first off it is only an idea, but yea I wasn't expecting a copy/paste project. I would have to resize/redo all the graphics, redo the graphics/network/input code, but the overall logic of how the game works and plays out, should pretty much be intact... it's a challenging project, but i do believe this game would work well with the NDS's controls and dual screens and if it was too easy it probably wouldn't be worth doing. ;)
Intel P4 3.2 GHZ
2.5GB SDRAM DDR400
350GB SATA
ATI RADEON HD 2600PRO 512MB
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy2 Z
Windows XP SP2

Current Projects: None.
- Trask
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 70 queries.

anything