Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Almost Complete]GemsOfMystery  (Read 3080 times)

[Almost Complete]GemsOfMystery
« on: February 17, 2010, 12:24:21 am »
I worked on Gems Of Mystery for about six years now and it's coming along nicely.
It's a quest to find seven gems and open the path to the triforce. You can play as Link or DarkLink. There are seven 1/2 dungeons to play. There are three towns. Lots of weapons to choose from, and some nice little puzzles. The final dungeon is half way done.
This program was made by Open Zelda.

Trailer
Download
Installer(required)

For anyone that played it 2 years ago, it has been updated recently.

Xiphirx

wat
Re: [Almost Complete]GemsOfMystery
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 01:17:28 am »
  • Xiphirx
Wow, it looks pretty awesome. Good job keeping it up for 6 years. I hate link dancing when he gets a gem... Its so unnatural, even though he uses DJ's dance moves lol.
  • For The Swarm

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 05:24:10 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
lol, you used my chicken dance sprites when he gets a gem! and apparently other dances in other dungeons... nice!
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 07:16:54 am »
Looks like a good game, I shall try it out once I've got the time. But I am left with some questions. What is the difference between Link and Dark Link? Does each have it's own story line, do the NPC's react differently to each, and/or have they different attack and defense strengths? Or is it just a graphical difference that one has green tunic and the other a black tunic? What is the significance of choosing between Link and Dark Link.

About Open Zelda. I am unfamiliar with it. Is it an engine written from scratch based on ALttP or is it a ROM-heck of ALttP?
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2010, 04:36:08 pm »
OpenZelda is a game program. You get a list of programming functions and you personally create the scripts and such. Don't even have to make a Zelda game.

native Wipe(dir,speed);
This function is used to scroll between screens.

native InitTextBox(width,pause);
This is how I made textboxes appear.
Very simple if you know basic programming.

There are some slight differences between choosing Link and Dark Link.
A few NPCs act differently.
Dark Link starts with a sword.
If I finished the game, they would have two endings.

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2010, 08:17:23 pm »
Playing at and I like it. Here are some random things that come to mind.

1. Mention the buttons to use. It was not very clear. I mean, I know now after some trail and error, but a good game is intuitive or tells you outright. Maybe add a character to tell you stuff.

2. In the chesthouse, when I want to talk to the guy with q I can't read the text because it's gone instantly. Wait..no it's still messed up. I got text right for a second there but then it automaticly moved on.

3. It takes a while to get the sword and I don't see the point. Can't Link have had his allowance or something? Or make him do chores or something. Or make the sword cheaper. That would be far more fun then having to repeat throwing bushes.

4. The cutting the grass has a nice surprise.

5. There are some tiling errors near the doors in the first dungeon.

6. There are some glitches / tiling errors need various transitions.

7. There is a large blue block in the dungeon map (underneath 1F, which probably shouldn't be there). The map has a nice way of appearing though. The rooms look good as well.

8. The shadows underneat the arrows you can collect need to move 1 or two pixels to the right to match the arrows.

9. Hhmm, I've collected bombs but I can use them. :huh:

Beaten the first boss and figured I'd need to get back to the village.

Overall I liked it and I might play more of it again some other day. Don't take the above comments as just negative. That's just how I have come to look zelda fangames (including my own  XD). There are some glitches and such here and there, but this is more then what most even come close to so that's okay. Things like the cutscene are also well done. A little more attention to those small details and it'll be great.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 46 queries.

anything