Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Gaming" Mice and Keyboards  (Read 2106 times)

"Gaming" Mice and Keyboards
« on: January 02, 2008, 05:05:56 pm »
So I've been curious for awhile now, I'd like to hear some opinions on "gaming" keyboards and mice, especially the mice.

I've seen like a $90 wireless mouse from Logitech as well as a $90 keyboard(g15)... do the increases DPI's for the mice make that much of a difference? And for the keyboards, is the main trend just the macros?
Intel P4 3.2 GHZ
2.5GB SDRAM DDR400
350GB SATA
ATI RADEON HD 2600PRO 512MB
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy2 Z
Windows XP SP2

Current Projects: None.
- Trask
Re: "Gaming" Mice and Keyboards
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 11:01:27 pm »
  • Issac_Amisov
I have a World of Warcraft gaming keyboard and it certainly owns, it is so useful or Raids and Instances also alot better hotkeys, easier for owning PvP and just awesome. I'm not sure what games you play, but for some games certain keyboards can be useful.
I'm not sure about a gaming Mouse though, I still have a normal one :P

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 11:42:50 pm »
  • b e p i s
The ZBoard is okay...otherwise gaming is honestly just a moniker, lol. I have a little Logitech LX3 Optical Mouse I got from Wal-Mart, and it works fantastic for my games.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 12:02:06 am »
  • :D
Gaming keyboards are pretty much useless, unless you're a hardcore MMO player, and need a SHITLOAD of programmable keys. Mice on the other hand?  IMPORTANT for first person shooters (such as counterstrike).  Some wireless mice lag, but honestly they are perfect nowadays if you ask me.  I have the Logitech G7, wireless mouse... It cost me 70 dollars, but it was 100% worth it.  Works perfectly, feels so natural.  It glides perfectly, and has extremely adjustable sensitivity.  I like it a lot.  And I'm damn good at CS:S, if that proves anything :P
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 12:51:47 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君
I personally hate wireless anything. I use a wired optical mouse (Logitech) and I love it. For keyboards, I just use my laptop's keyboard, so I can't say anything on that subject.
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 12:56:18 am »
  • Issac_Amisov
I use a wireless mouse and keyboard, they are reliable for me and high-end so they work perfect, they also came with my desktop so I guess I had no choice in the matter, they never mess up for me :D
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2008, 01:06:16 am »
  • Drop down and give me 9000!
Don't laugh at me guys but I have an old keyboard. StarKey Windows98(stiff noisy keys)...and a wireless mouse that says Microsoft. However I am planning on upgrading very soon, I was thinking about getting a Logitech mouse and keyboard, they seem reliable enough for my older brother so I might as well give them a shot XD.
I like potato.
  • My Myspace
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2008, 01:13:37 am »
  • Issac_Amisov
Don't laugh at me guys but I have an old keyboard. StarKey Windows98(stiff noisy keys)...and a wireless mouse that says Microsoft. However I am planning on upgrading very soon, I was thinking about getting a Logitech mouse and keyboard, they seem reliable enough for my older brother so I might as well give them a shot XD.
I have a wireless Microsoft mouse D:
It works fine for me...
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2008, 01:28:50 am »
Yeah I have no troubles with the mouse, it's just that I'm not really fond of wireless because it takes batteries and I hate replacing batteries. It works fine and all, but I'd really like to upgrade to a laser mouse, what exactly is the difference between optical and laser?

As for the keyboard it needs to go, a lot of the keys require a bit more force to press down, and the numpad is as stiff as ever. I'll just get a middle of the range logitech keyboard for that one :).
I like potato.
  • My Myspace
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2008, 01:33:03 am »
  • Issac_Amisov
Yeah I have no troubles with the mouse, it's just that I'm not really fond of wireless because it takes batteries and I hate replacing batteries. It works fine and all, but I'd really like to upgrade to a laser mouse, what exactly is the difference between optical and laser?

As for the keyboard it needs to go, a lot of the keys require a bit more force to press down, and the numpad is as stiff as ever. I'll just get a middle of the range logitech keyboard for that one :).
Yeah, I suggest you get a new keyboard... but other than that, get a battery charger (if you don't already have one)... I have used the same two batteries for my mouse for the past year and a half, I'm surprised they haven't exploded or stopped working or something by now D:
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2008, 01:58:44 am »
Ah thanks heaps for that :). I never thought about the battery charger, I think we have 2 of them. It'll save me money when I have my new computer, well this mouse hasn't failed me, just when the battery gets flat it plays up a bit. All I need is a new keyboard and a good monitor. I'll be able to save $70 by not needing a new mouse XD.
I like potato.
  • My Myspace
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2008, 02:22:54 am »
  • Issac_Amisov
Glad I can be of help and good luck with you're new computer gear. :D
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2008, 03:09:33 am »
  • :D
Yeah I have no troubles with the mouse, it's just that I'm not really fond of wireless because it takes batteries and I hate replacing batteries.
Heh, that's what I like about mine.  It uses a special rechargable battery that pops out with the push of a button-- and with my mosue comes the USB charger.  So there is always one battery in the charger and one battery in the mouse :D
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2008, 03:42:44 am »
Check out the Logitech site for a Gaming Keyboard and a mouse (such as the G5 which my friend uses). Logitech rules =D.

the a o d c
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2008, 03:55:41 am »
  • Issac_Amisov
Check out the Logitech site for a Gaming Keyboard and a mouse (such as the G5 which my friend uses). Logitech rules =D.

I attest to this, I also have logitech speakers... they are so awesome. :D
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2008, 09:31:28 am »

I attest to this, I also have logitech speakers... they are so awesome. :D
So does my friend haha. Beastly things.
the a o d c
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2008, 09:41:50 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君
I have Altec Lansing speakers. I win.

I'm talkin' this !@#$%, baby. I can turn up the bass and knock my freakin house down.

Oop, starting to go off-topic.  ::)
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2008, 06:48:10 pm »
Those are defintely some nice speakers there :D

I brought home my wireless mouse that I use at work just to try it and noticed a huge difference right off the bat... I got a wireless mouse for Christmas, I just need to install it... it apparently charges as it goes so hooray for no batteries.
Intel P4 3.2 GHZ
2.5GB SDRAM DDR400
350GB SATA
ATI RADEON HD 2600PRO 512MB
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy2 Z
Windows XP SP2

Current Projects: None.
- Trask
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2008, 07:58:07 pm »
I use he logitec MX Revolution wireless mouse and id never switch back. Its my second wireless mouse and it makes all the difference with FPS games by far, its also easier to play because the wire doesnt tug and they feel smoother, go for one.
  • Elliott Parkinson
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 74 queries.