Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Is President Bush a good president?  (Read 13382 times)

Is President Bush a good president?
« on: May 23, 2006, 02:53:13 am »
  • ZFGC Founder
Putting aside all of the left-wing, liberal, atheistic agenda for a few minutes and actually focusing on the true politics of what Mr. Bush has done during his presidency. Do you think he has done a good job or not?

Cheese

Re: Is President Bush a good president?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 03:01:10 am »
I think that he's growing a bit wishy-washy.  The biggest problem he's had is with this illegal immigration problem.  He had an opinion of "they help our economy" and suddenly that shifted to "get rid of 'em all".  I don't think that shows leadership.

However, let's look at some of the major things he's done:

1. Banned partial birth abortion - Clinton was too !@#$% to do it, and I'm glad Bush stepped in.

2. Tax Cuts - He's really been pushing for several tax cuts.  Too bad that the rich politicians who run our country don't think it's in the best interest of "the people" (their and their friend's paychecks) to keep them.

3. Protected our national security when it was neccessary - I'm speaking on the war in Iraq.  Excellent idea, someone had to do it.  It's unarguable that the UN is way too corrupt with their money and politics (there's a new book that just came out on it, but I don't remember what it's called) to make a safe decision.  Thankfully we also strengthened our relations with Tony Blair, which turns out good for both sides, and we have allies in this war.  However, I don't like how he's handling France on the matter.  Someone needs to give France a wake-up call.  Unfortunately it's not him, nor is it anyone else for that matter who is willing to do it.

4. No Child Left Behind Act - Excellent idea.  Is it flawed?  Certainly, and as a conservative, I very much dislike the racial segregation that is present in the testing, but it does more harm than good.  Definitely.

5. Supreme Court Justices - One of his choices seemed a bit iffy (she was too much of a moderate-- unstable), but he had the honor of appointing one great guy in paticular to be a judge in the Supreme Court.

I'll think of more later, but I would have to say that, yes.  He is very much a good president.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 03:03:41 am by Cheese »
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 03:05:47 am »
  • ZFGC Founder
1. I completely agree
2. True, but it's sad that only the wealthy get these tax cuts
3. I think Clinton weakened our nation when he was in office (Gore closed military bases). I served in the Navy at the time and saw how weak our country was becoming, it was only a matter of time before our enemies overseas witness the weakness and stepped in with an attack. I'm glad Bush showed back-bone in his decisions and didn't give in to UN politics.
4. It is flawed, yes I agree. But it's a step in the right direction.
5. I think she'll do fine, although she is on the fence on important issues
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006, 03:06:39 am »
In a nutshell, I think Bush has done a shitty job in nearly every aspect of presidency, but I'm too lazy to go into details right now. Basically, the way the Iraq situation is being handled is his worst failure.
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2006, 03:10:37 am »
  • ZFGC Founder
I wish you WOULD have gone into details of Why you think that way... I hope it's not just because of the left-wing liberal media and your Mommy and Daddy's comments.

Cheese

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2006, 03:11:41 am »
In a nutshell, I think Bush has done a Fecal matterty job in nearly every aspect of presidency, but I'm too lazy to go into details right now. Basically, the way the Iraq situation is being handled is his worst failure.
Did I not read that this is a debates board?

That is an absolute lie that the Left just *loves* to use.  The rich will still have to pay their high percentage of tax cuts, but because they're ALREADY paying the most (by far-- no question about it), they get the biggest break, while the middle class gets a smaller one and so on and so forth.  It's not about numbers, but rather proportions.

4. It is flawed, yes I agree. But it's a step in the right direction.
Which is exactly my point. :)

5. I think she'll do fine, although she is on the fence on important issues
Would have done fine.  And I don't like the way she thinks, simply because it seemed too random, if you know what I mean :P

I think Clinton weakened our nation when he was in office
While it's a harsh statement, it is 100% true as far as economics go.  He also veteod that Partial Birth Abortion ban (which is downright murder), which is horrific.  Our national security was undoubtedly weak, but I wouldn't blame it on Clinton.  I'd blame him only as much as I'd blame Bush or Reagan... and that is not very much.  We just weren't looking at the future, and that was the problem.
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2006, 03:17:10 am »
  • ZFGC Founder
2. I see your point.

simply because it seemed too random, if you know what I mean
I know exactly what you meen!  ;D

but I wouldn't blame it on Clinton.
I'm sorry, but I'd have to disagree on this issue whole heartedly. A man who weakens the nation that he is supposed to defend (and who was the Commander in Chief at the time) should be held accountable.

dylan623

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2006, 03:20:01 am »
That is an absolute lie that the Left just *loves* to use.  The rich will still have to pay their high percentage of tax cuts, but because they're ALREADY paying the most (by far-- no question about it), they get the biggest break, while the middle class gets a smaller one and so on and so forth.  It's not about numbers, but rather proportions.
I don't know if he's a good president or not, but even if the rich pay more already, they have MORE money. I think tax cuts should go to those who need them rather than those who pay the most.

Cheese

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2006, 03:24:03 am »
I don't know if he's a good president or not, but even if the rich pay more already, they have MORE money. I think tax cuts should go to those who need them rather than those who pay the most.
What about equality?  And what about the idea that the rich business owners affect everyone else?  If we take all of their money to give to the poor, what effect do you think it will have on the economy?

I'm sorry, but I'd have to disagree on this issue whole heartedly. A man who weakens the nation that he is supposed to defend (and who was the Commander in Chief at the time) should be held accountable.
With that logic, I'd get upset with Bush for 9/11.  That's simply not going to happen, because it's simply not his fault.

I very much dispise Clinton, but you're putting too much blame on him, and not enough on Ronald Reagan (best president we've ever had, in my opinion), George H.W. Bush, and George W. Bush.  Sure there were plenty of things that Clinton did wrong that inevitably welcomed the events of 9/11, but that does not mean that he's the only one who should be held accountable.

On a side note...
 "I smoked it, I didn't inhale."

-Bill Clinton
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2006, 03:25:11 am »
  • ZFGC Founder
"I did not have sexual relations with that woman."
- Bill Clinton

With that logic, I'd get upset with Bush for 9/11.
Well, because of Clintons weakening and Bush just coming into office with a rock instead of a gun (metaphorically), 9/11 happened. If Clinton/Gore would not have weakened us, I don't think 9/11 would have happened.

Ronal Reagan.. "best president we ever had"... Damn Right!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 03:29:03 am by TheRealMethuselah »

dylan623

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2006, 03:27:35 am »
What about equality?  And what about the idea that the rich business owners affect everyone else?  If we take all of their money to give to the poor, what effect do you think it will have on the economy?

I never said that they would have to give all of their money to the poor. I think the poor are the ones who should get tax cuts since it simply isn't right to let one person prosper and another suffer when you could avoid it easily.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 03:30:50 am by dylan623 »
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2006, 03:30:47 am »
  • ZFGC Founder
Let's not make this into a class issue dylan623.

dylan623

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2006, 03:32:47 am »
That's true, I am getting off-topic. (I think I do that a lot) I really don't know if he was a good president, but I was just giving my opinion.

Cheese

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2006, 03:36:18 am »

I don't care about equality and I never said that they would have to give all of their money to the poor. I think the poor are the ones who should get tax cuts since it simply isn't right to let one person prosper and another suffer when you could avoid it easily.
Did you know that there IS in fact a level lower than the working class?  It's called poverty.  And we do not make them pay taxes, and we also are willing to provide them with welfare!

And the "give their money to the poor" is a popular idea with liberalism, I was explaining why it couldn't ever work.  Speaking of which, it looks like the mindset of yourself is tentatively liberal.  That statement you made is the idea behind communism, which derived liberalism.  Now, it's good in theory, but you really have to watch the ideas that it presents, because many will have awful consequences.  That's my only problem with liberalism, isn't the position that they're taking (unless they're extremists), but the problems that it creates.  I'd love it if we could have stayed out of Iraq!  No soldiers or Iraqis dying.  What I wouldn't have liked is the consequences for staying out.

Again, tax redistribution is good in theory, but not in action.  The solution?  Lower taxes, and put clear and set limits on government.  It's the conservative way.  We need to protect our freedom, not give it up to the government.  They should be here for the following reasons: our saftey, our liberty, and our rights.

Well, because of Clintons weakening and Bush just coming into office with a rock instead of a gun (metaphorically), 9/11 happened. If Clinton/Gore would not have weakened us, I don't think 9/11 would have happened.
Well, I can only agree to a certain extent... unless you're reffering to something that I do not recall.  What are you reffering to?

This debate's evolving.  Can't we allow a little bit of off-topicness to promote debate?

dylan623

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2006, 03:46:38 am »

I don't care about equality and I never said that they would have to give all of their money to the poor. I think the poor are the ones who should get tax cuts since it simply isn't right to let one person prosper and another suffer when you could avoid it easily.

Did you know that there IS in fact a level lower than the working class?  It's called poverty.  And we do not make them pay taxes, and we also are willing to provide them with welfare!

And the "give their money to the poor" is a popular idea with liberalism, I was explaining why it couldn't ever work.  Speaking of which, it looks like the mindset of yourself is tentatively liberal.  That statement you made is the idea behind communism, which derived liberalism.  Now, it's good in theory, but you really have to watch the ideas that it presents, because many will have awful consequences.  That's my only problem with liberalism, isn't the position that they're taking (unless they're extremists), but the problems that it creates.  I'd love it if we could have stayed out of Iraq!  No soldiers or Iraqis dying.  What I wouldn't have liked is the consequences for staying out.

Again, tax redistribution is good in theory, but not in action.  The solution?  Lower taxes, and put clear and set limits on government.  It's the conservative way.  We need to protect our freedom, not give it up to the government.  They should be here for the following reasons: our saftey, our liberty, and our rights.

Well, I can only agree to a certain extent... unless you're reffering to something that I do not recall.  What are you reffering to?

This debate's evolving.  Can't we allow a little bit of off-topicness to promote debate?
When I said the poor, I didn't specify the class. I do not have a Liberal mindset, I'm entirely neutral. On some issues (like abortion) I'm conservative, while on others are liberal. I also think there should also be taxes, for the upper and middle class. I'm not sure if the Iraqi war was a good idea, but I hope every dictator is someday overthrown.

Cheese

« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2006, 03:51:33 am »
When I said the poor, I didn't specify the class.
That was my problem... you acted like everyone has to pay taxes, and that we don't even provide welfare.

I do not have a Liberal mindset, I'm entirely neutral.
You're a moderate, but the term I believe that you're looking for is an "independent thinker".  However, I would beg to differ on the mindset. 

it simply isn't right to let one person prosper and another suffer when you could avoid it easily.
This is the concept that liberalism derived from.  Abortion being a "liberal" idea is explained in that liberals want abortion to be the exception.  However, they want the exception to become a rule (which is where I disagree), for the purpose of: who has the right to decide if a woman is emotionally ready or not ready if she's been raped?  Who decides that she was promiscuos?  And so really, being against abortion isn't all that "anti-liberal" after all.

I'm not sure if the Iraqi war was a good idea, but I hope every dictator is someday overthrown.
More power to you! :)
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2006, 03:55:24 am »
  • ZFGC Founder
Cheese, I really do wish Reagan were president at this time in history, he would not be worried about the liberal-left and the media giving portrayals of his intelligence in a diminished light.

Bush, IMHO has done an excellent job with what he was given from the past administration. I think that what he does about Immigration reform will truly prove his stability as a leader and protector. WE NEED TO PROTECT OUR BORDERS.. it's a fact.

A terrorist only has to come across the US/Mexico Border with some C4 and hit Los Angeles International Airport and then where does that leave us?

Cheese

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2006, 03:59:05 am »
Cheese, I really do wish Reagan were president at this time in history, he would not be worried about the liberal-left and the media giving portrayals of his intelligence in a diminished light.
Yes, which is why I feel that Bush, while excellent is inferior to Reagan... he's acted very much like... well... a politician, at times!

Bush, IMHO has done an excellent job with what he was given from the past administration. I think that what he does about Immigration reform will truly prove his stability as a leader and protector. WE NEED TO PROTECT OUR BORDERS.. it's a fact.
Definitely.  I think that Bush has been playing to the crowd a bit on this issue.  Unfortunately for him, most of America's very conservative on the matter, so he's had some flip-flopping himself.

A terrorist only has to come across the US/Mexico Border with some C4 and hit Los Angeles International Airport and then where does that leave us?
It's not quite *that* simple, because the places where they can get across with something like that is most likely away from any roads.  But I agree, it's a threat to our national security, it takes money from the economy, and is all around bad.

dylan623

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2006, 04:12:44 am »
When I said the poor, I didn't specify the class.
That was my problem... you acted like everyone has to pay taxes, and that we don't even provide welfare.

I do not have a Liberal mindset, I'm entirely neutral.
You're a moderate, but the term I believe that you're looking for is an "independent thinker".  However, I would beg to differ on the mindset. 

it simply isn't right to let one person prosper and another suffer when you could avoid it easily.
This is the concept that liberalism derived from.  Abortion being a "liberal" idea is explained in that liberals want abortion to be the exception.  However, they want the exception to become a rule (which is where I disagree), for the purpose of: who has the right to decide if a woman is emotionally ready or not ready if she's been raped?  Who decides that she was promiscuos?  And so really, being against abortion isn't all that "anti-liberal" after all.

I'm not sure if the Iraqi war was a good idea, but I hope every dictator is someday overthrown.
More power to you! :)
I think everyone who can afford to must pay taxes. If that is the concept liberalism is derived from, I guess I'm a liberal, but I don't think of myself as one, I decide on what I think is right.

Cheese

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2006, 04:15:44 am »
I think everyone who can afford to must pay taxes. If that is the concept liberalism is derived from, I guess I'm a liberal
The statement of "everyone who can afford to must pay taxes" is very different from "it simply isn't right to let one person prosper and another suffer".
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 76 queries.

anything