Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Un-Named Wind Waker fan game  (Read 15875 times)

Dr. Strange

Re: Un-Named Wind Waker fan game
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2010, 10:36:11 am »
But ken, I love you.

Anyway, I wasn't entirely aware javascript had any higher purpose than simple scripting, except again; it appears to me that it's doing just that; scripting out commands from other much larger systems. It's not actually doing !@#$% by itself. I'm not entirely wrong. I just wasn't sure they had written wrappers for js in Unity, or even made a system that utilizes js for higher level 3d. I also stand by my previous statement that a more suitable language would be C# or possibly even Java if Unity supports it.
Ken? Lol.. I love Street Fighter. Personally, I'd discourage javascript for full blown 3D use. It would be better as what it was originally designed for, a scripting language. I don't know too much about Unity as I'm just a Windows user.. does Unity even support Windows? O_o..
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2010, 01:38:28 pm »
But ken, I love you.

Anyway, I wasn't entirely aware javascript had any higher purpose than simple scripting, except again; it appears to me that it's doing just that; scripting out commands from other much larger systems. It's not actually doing !@#$% by itself. I'm not entirely wrong. I just wasn't sure they had written wrappers for js in Unity, or even made a system that utilizes js for higher level 3d. I also stand by my previous statement that a more suitable language would be C# or possibly even Java if Unity supports it.
Ken? Lol.. I love Street Fighter. Personally, I'd discourage javascript for full blown 3D use. It would be better as what it was originally designed for, a scripting language. I don't know too much about Unity as I'm just a Windows user.. does Unity even support Windows? O_o..
Unity has been supported by Windows for I think over a year now.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2010, 03:12:12 pm »
Nice little update.  Jumping hasn't been fixed and I haven't really changed the movement much, but I'm making the Great Sea full scale, I've currently got:

Outset Island
Dragon Roost Island
Mother & Child Isle
Great Fish Isle
Tower of the Gods
Windfall Island
Spectacle Isle

And I'm adding more right now.  All of this is in a fully open world and the frame rate only seems to drop by the TINIEST bit when there are more than two islands in sight, and that's on my VERY OLD Toshiba laptop.

-Bazooie

Dr. Strange

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2010, 06:51:15 pm »
But ken, I love you.

Unity has been supported by Windows for I think over a year now.
Oh. Well, I don't know anything about that stuff.. I'm mainly a web developer.

What program are you using to model these? How did you rip them actually? XD I have the slightest clue and am very interested
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2010, 08:58:35 pm »
To rip the models, you need 'bmdview2'.  But it's really hard to find the correct models as they have WEIRD names.  Link's model file is 'cl.ARC'.  Strange.  Anyway, I've decided the storyline.  It's going to be based on my old story idea 'Tablet of Souls'.  I'm going to need to change the story around a bit to fit the Wind Waker world, but other than that...

-Bazooie
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2010, 02:13:28 am »
HEY MAN! I would really love to help you out here ;)

I've been using the unity engine since it came out on windows and the first thing I did was ripping and creating exactly what you have here.
But when my computer broke and all the HARD work in sorting EVERY models from the ripping process I didn't want to do that all over again
:(

I got knowledge in unityscript(java) c# so I could help you out with coding.

Btw, could you send me your ripping programs or link ? I don't know where I got them from that time ago.
And one question, did you animate link yourself or is this the game animation file ? If so HOW #¤"%¤# did you manage to get that working ?

Add me on msn: skater_boy212436@live.no if you want help and talk about the project or something.
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2010, 08:37:02 am »

I've been using the unity engine since it came out on windows and the first thing I did was ripping and creating exactly what you have here.
But when my computer broke and all the HARD work in sorting EVERY models from the ripping process I didn't want to do that all over again

Btw, could you send me your ripping programs or link ? I don't know where I got them from that time ago.
And one question, did you animate link yourself or is this the game animation file ? If so HOW #¤"%¤# did you manage to get that working ?

Add me on msn: skater_boy212436@live.no if you want help and talk about the project or something.
Little advice, NEVER GIVE OUT PERSONAL INFORMATION ACROSS THE INTERNET you never know who might be reading it. If you really need to tell him, PM him!
I'll add one of these later.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2010, 08:58:34 am »
  • ^Not actually me.

Little advice, NEVER GIVE OUT PERSONAL INFORMATION ACROSS THE INTERNET you never know who might be reading it. If you really need to tell him, PM him!

Protip: Your email is exposed.

Email addresses aren't really "personal information" and I'm sure he doesn't need to be lectured on it <_<;;

Sinkin

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2010, 11:13:49 am »
  • Idk

That made me lol  :P
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2010, 12:04:28 pm »

That made me lol  :P
still true, though. Lol

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2010, 12:39:34 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
I just moderately love the fact that email's can only be transmitted via the internet, so worrying not giving them out on the internet makes them completely useless :P
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2010, 12:50:18 pm »
I just moderately love the fact that email's can only be transmitted via the internet, so worrying not giving them out on the internet makes them completely useless :P
Meh, i suppose you are right. : :-\
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2010, 01:12:55 pm »
Meh, i suppose you are right. : :-\

Hehe, yeah I don't think you could do that much damage with a email unless you send out a lot of spam.
But then I just block your email so .... ;)

And I don't think that many people on this forum have time to do so :D

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2010, 01:43:38 am »
  • Xiphirx

Did you learn that from school or something?
  • For The Swarm
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2010, 05:01:55 pm »

Hey, I'm still in secondary school- if you had 2 hours of your lunch being taken up by your teacher telling you that it's important, it's gonna stick in your head for a couple of days. Relaxz.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 05:04:11 pm by The Boy »

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2010, 05:57:29 pm »
  • Xiphirx

Hey, I'm still in secondary school- if you had 2 hours of your lunch being taken up by your teacher telling you that it's important, it's gonna stick in your head for a couple of days. Relaxz.

I wasn't trying to offend you, but I know that they put you through a bunch of "beware of online predators" crap in school. It's pretty ridiculous.

Anyway, back on topic please.
  • For The Swarm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 70 queries.