Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39   Go Down

Author Topic: [SCREENS]Ocarina Of Time 2D FSA  (Read 224052 times)

Re: [SCREENS]Ocarina Of Time 2D FSA
« Reply #740 on: December 31, 2011, 04:00:34 pm »
awesome! i bet some people are tearing it apart already lol
Nubcake now uses Purebasic!
« Reply #741 on: December 31, 2011, 09:11:38 pm »
  • Team Dekunutz
Wouldn't be surprised.
« Reply #742 on: January 01, 2012, 01:58:12 am »
Wouldn't be surprised.

Agreed, but considering it's an "open source" project, I'm not too concerned about it. Also the new framework is much better IMO.
  • Pyxosoft
« Reply #743 on: January 01, 2012, 04:14:59 am »
Oh, I must have missed that - is the engine going to be released to the public when you're done?  That's pretty exciting!

Zhello

N.A.D.I.
« Reply #744 on: January 01, 2012, 07:32:17 am »
  • L'homme avec beaucoup de noms.
Oh, I must have missed that - is the engine going to be released to the public when you're done?  That's pretty exciting!
lol not going to happen xD. Xfixi and his team worked really hard on this.  They are trying to make an actucally ootremake in 2d(fsa).  Unlike the others team darknut go pretty far with the remake.
The IT Guy
Intermediate Coder
Linux is a wonderful thing
~Linkwolf48/Gumstone1080~

The Legend of Zelda - New Beginnings

http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=34986.0
1.6 Demo -
https://www.dropbox.com/s/56km0iadaras56g/LoZNB%20Game%20Folder.rar?dl=0

Side Projects:

Dragon Diary - Cybernetic Threat
Story: http://wiki.zfgc.com/Cybernetic_Threat

Aero88
ZFGC is like the Hotel California.  You can come in but you can never leave!

devianart: http://linkwolf48.deviantart.com/
« Reply #745 on: January 01, 2012, 08:22:14 am »
  • Team Dekunutz
lol not going to happen xD. Xfixi and his team worked really hard on this.  They are trying to make an actucally ootremake in 2d(fsa).  Unlike the others team darknut go pretty far with the remake.
Team Darknut? Is that meant to be us?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 08:32:58 am by Cypras »
« Reply #746 on: January 01, 2012, 08:52:19 am »
Not speaking as a member of the project myself but if you look a few posts up X says it is "open source".
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #747 on: January 01, 2012, 09:15:04 am »
Yes, it will be open source, as in the .gmk, resources, and the tools associated with OOT2D FSA will be available to the public. This was stated way back in the beginning of the project. The reason being is that it is a huge game, and if Team Dekunutz does not continue it, it may be picked up by another person/team to develop it further.

NOTE: I updated the download on the first page, F2 will now toggle the game screen size.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 03:58:24 pm by Xfixium »
  • Pyxosoft
« Reply #748 on: January 06, 2012, 11:29:14 pm »
  • ZFGC Founder
Looking good, Xfixium. Just have fun with it.
« Reply #749 on: January 07, 2012, 02:27:56 am »
  • Team Dekunutz
Looking good, Xfixium. Just have fun with it.
Team Dekunutz ftw!
« Reply #750 on: January 12, 2012, 04:27:32 am »
Pretty awesome. I liked that ZFGC intro thing. Super super stoked.

Just a couple of questions, you may have answered it, but I don't want to sift through 50 pages of text:

1) How will you implement the 3D segments, such as swimming, hookshot targets, etc?

2) How are you working on the game? Is it level by level basis, or do you have DJvenom sprite the !@#$% out of !@#$% and then work/code whatever he's made?

3) Is it hard working online? I can imagine not having IRL meetings to be a bit annoying when you want to organize things, or meet deadlines.

Anyways, good luck. As TRM said, have fun while you do it.
« Reply #751 on: January 12, 2012, 04:52:53 am »
  • Team Dekunutz
1) How will you implement the 3D segments, such as swimming, hookshot targets, etc?

2) How are you working on the game? Is it level by level basis, or do you have DJvenom sprite the !@#$% out of !@#$% and then work/code whatever he's made?

3) Is it hard working online? I can imagine not having IRL meetings to be a bit annoying when you want to organize things, or meet deadlines.
1) Swimming is done like in FSA, using the pop up side view box.

2) At this stage we have a concepts list that contains things needing to be completed for a demo, most of which is the main engine.

3)I find it fine working online, we get on well and all join in on discussions, it's a great team dynamic.

Xf has wider information on the 3D concepts, not everything has been discussed, we like to not get too far ahead of we are at currently.
« Reply #752 on: January 12, 2012, 02:22:43 pm »
I'd imagine that the hookshot will be standard, and by extension that the 3D aspect will be carried by the level design. Short of maybe mouse control, I don't know that there's a practical way to extend 2D Hookshot functionality.

That said, in a side-scroll environment you might add the ability to press up or down and shoot at 45's from the plane, which would naturally extend to the bow and the slingshot. But of course that's up to them.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 02:28:34 pm by Nabeshin »
« Reply #753 on: January 13, 2012, 04:37:11 pm »
I'm playing the engine demo thing now, and I have to say, this is pretty damn awesome! I have a question involving the water though, is this it's final state? Because... I honestly thought I was walking in the sky for a minute there, there's no ripples or anything to signify it being water.
  • RPG Empire
« Reply #754 on: January 14, 2012, 12:14:03 am »
Yeah, never got around to finishing the water. We are going to use a shader extension to apply those sort of things in the new version.
  • Pyxosoft

Jeod

Team Dekunutz, Doubleteam
« Reply #755 on: January 25, 2012, 02:46:12 am »
Hey Xf you missed my name in the credits. I made the shield...thingy. Anyway it's been about a week so here's a team update:

We've all got school work to keep up with, so things aren't exactly full steam ahead. For those of you of the Christian faith, [please pray for] dotyue [who] has been hospitalized with a brain tumor of some sort and will be there for the rest of this week.

Cypras has been tinkering with special effects and the rain looks pretty neat.

Xfixium's trying to adjust the FSA font so it looks sexy on a smaller resolution. It's slightly more challenging than you might think.

As for me I've been offering suggestions and giving feedback here and there. I'm quite busy with college myself; I'm currently working towards my associates degree in education and hope to move up to a prestigious four year university next year.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 05:57:56 pm by Jeod »
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Zelda GBC+ Engine for Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Doubleteam Project Page
« Reply #756 on: January 25, 2012, 05:50:59 pm »
For those of you of the Christian faith, dotyue has been hospitalized with a brain tumor of some sort and will be there for the rest of this week.

Just for the christians? Am I reading this correctly?
Who wouldn't feel bad for someone with a brain tumor?

Jeod

Team Dekunutz, Doubleteam
« Reply #757 on: January 25, 2012, 05:54:15 pm »
Sorry, I meant to put "please pray for dotyue", but then got called away and when I came back I had lost my train of thought.
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Zelda GBC+ Engine for Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Doubleteam Project Page

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #758 on: January 29, 2012, 04:53:25 am »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
I'd imagine that the hookshot will be standard, and by extension that the 3D aspect will be carried by the level design. Short of maybe mouse control, I don't know that there's a practical way to extend 2D Hookshot functionality.

That said, in a side-scroll environment you might add the ability to press up or down and shoot at 45's from the plane, which would naturally extend to the bow and the slingshot. But of course that's up to them.

I had long been thinking about this same problem myself. Indeed, short of mouse-control (and maybe even a large amount of sprites for Link standing armed - depending on the item - facing any of the many directions where he could fire off a hookshot or an arrow), there's little that one could do and still keep this game 2D.
One solution that I came up with is minor layout changes to accommodate the 2D-style of "hookshooting" (?) and archery. Which means that you might need to place a hookshot-target in a different location. Tough, but that totally means that you wouldn't need to stay locked to the original game's layout and instead be able to loosen up the game's playability. (Plus, it's not easy to fire a hookshot at the ceiling in a 2D top-down environment.) Just my suggestion to your predicament.

(Hey, if this were Wind Waker, then the Grappling Hook would've caused bigger problems.)
I was talking to my friend last night, and he was mentioning about how in 1980, he thought the internet would become this amazing place where people from across the world would share ideas. I was telling him about how this project [KOT] has worked, lurching along for years and drawn by different people from across the globe, and he thought it was beautiful. And he was right, it's awesome. :D

Zelda Items Spritesheet album (OUT OF DATE) - (link here)
A Link Across Time project - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Metroid) - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Zelda) - (link here)
Boss Keys project Trello Board - (link here)
« Reply #759 on: February 13, 2012, 04:14:19 pm »
  • I'm so bad I'm good.
I think that this looks absolutely amazing so far and exhibits a fairly unique and fresh take on the FSA style in terms of colouring and overall design! I was a huge fan of your RPGM2K3 take on Link's Awakening, so I'm only even more excited to see your work in a far more expansive program. I'll definitely be giving this a download sometime later today.
I'll be working on this later, I imagine... So for now, have fun just looking at this.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.193 seconds with 78 queries.