Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Sprites] Requirement for Acceptance  (Read 7523 times)

thestig

[Sprites] Requirement for Acceptance
« on: July 04, 2012, 05:20:16 pm »
NOTE: This applies to PIXEL ART ONLY. Concept art, refer to http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=39991.0 for more information

This applies to just the Artwork branch of King of Thieves. I am tired of seeing almost every Minish Cap Resource that are submitted anywhere on the internet in an unsuable, unoptimized fashion. I am officially announcing that from here on out, all assets intended for use for King of Thieves in-game, has to be properly formatted for use in game. I'll be happy to work with anyone who needs help with meeting the requirements. And just a note, this doesn't include conceptual art or anything that isn't going to be used by the engine, for in-game use. That is all.

Any questions?

Tile size for Minish Cap are 8x8 for an individual tile.
Sprite "Cell" Size: I personally recommend making every cell frame 32x32 just to be safe, but exceptions can be made as sprites are different.

EDIT: And by formatted, I mean they have to be sprite or tile sheets. ;p

EDIT #2: Alright guys, I feel the following is the perfect example of what is expected of submissions in sprites/tiles! http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=39748.0
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 03:56:32 pm by gm112 »
Re: Requirement for Acceptance
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 05:27:39 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
I think we should post somewhere all of the basic format requirements.

Edit: And by that I mean the basic size for each tile or animation frame of something.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 05:31:27 pm by Shadow宇宙の神 »

thestig

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 05:38:52 pm »
Yeah, I put that in there. Sprite cell sizes are going to be inconsistent mostly because of the fact that each sprite is a different size. So as long as the sprite sheet remains constant for the entire resource, then you won't hear any complaints from me. :)

I suggested 32x32 since that seemed like a reasonable "universal" size. But again, that all depends on the particular resource. I'm only going to enforce a size on tiles and that's because each tile for Minish Cap _are_ 8x8 cells. As far as cell padding goes, there's really no need for a 1 pixel border for padding purposes. That can be debated in this topic, however.
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 06:09:00 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
For animations of sprites, I'm thinking we should go in intervals of 8.

thestig

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, 06:16:13 pm »
What.
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2012, 06:17:29 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
What.
I mean sprite size should be in intervals of 8 pixels, Eg. 8, 16, 32, etc.

thestig

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2012, 09:57:12 pm »
What.
I mean sprite size should be in intervals of 8 pixels, Eg. 8, 16, 32, etc.
Ah, I see what you're saying. Cell sizes you mean. Though that much is a given. Cell sizes are *usually* by the power of 2 (which 8 pixels is).

thestig

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2012, 03:58:27 pm »
Heh, well just updated the first post in this topic. There's now a reference example that people can review for their own benefit. If anyone has ANY questions regarding this, please by all means post here. It would be preferred if a post was made so everyone could see the discussion. Although PM's are accepted too just keep in mind that whatever's to come out of that PM most likely will be made public anyways.

That is all.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.283 seconds with 54 queries.