Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [RECRUITING] Legend of Zelda: Tablet of Souls  (Read 4852 times)

[RECRUITING] Legend of Zelda: Tablet of Souls
« on: July 16, 2010, 03:01:49 pm »
Introduction
The Legend of Zelda: Tablet of Souls is a fan game developed by Bazooie Games, everything in ToS is going to be made from scratch.  We need a team to help work on the project, a team that is willing to STAY with the project.

Storyline

Hyrule, 340 Years after the events of the Ocarina of Time.

The land is peaceful, the Tablet of Souls lies on it's pedestal in the Vrulayan Temple.  Thousands of years ago, the Triforce was a full triangle.  It was kept in the depths of Hyrule Castle.  One day, the Vrulayan army attacked the castle and took a piece of the Triforce, this piece is now the Tablet of Souls.

One day, a small magician goblin named Ghinor leads his army against the Vrulayan Temple, they take the Tablet of Souls and leave.  Link is told that Ghinor's army has marched up Death Mountain.  Link equips a sword and a shield and sets off.  Death Mountain has changed, a lot.  Kakariko Village is long gone.  All that lies in it's place is a rocky mountain.  Link must fight his way through the cave until he reaches the summit of Death Mountain.  At the top, Link confronts Ghinor, they battle.  Link incapacitates Ghinor and is about to take the Tablet of Souls when Ganondorf appears, he kills Ghinor and takes the Tablet.

Link needs to find the three Guardians of the Triforce: Hadian, Gyhpon and Tinora.  Once he reaches them, they tell him that he must prove his worth to them before they can entrust the Triforce to him.  Link must complete three temples, each one needing a different skill: Power, Courage and Wisdom.

Link completes the temples and is given the Triforce, they transform the Master Sword into the legendary Triforcian Sword - The only weapon capable of defeating the enhanced Ganondorf.

Link must fight through Ganondorf's tower until he battles him and wins.  Link takes the Tablet of Souls back to the Vrulayan Temple and gives the Triforce to Princess Zelda.

Graphics

The graphics for LoZ: ToS will be 2d with the cel-shaded style from the Wind Waker, the game will be viewed from the semi-top down perspective that we are familiar with from all the GBA games.  All graphics will be made from scratch

What I need

I'm going to need tons of help on this game, and require these people and what they can do:

Graphics[1-4] --- Must know how to sprite and animate in the cel-shaded style
Sound[1-3] --- Must know how to compose music in the style of Zelda games
Programmers[1-4] --- Must know how to program in GML very well, create movement, battles,           messages, inventory and loads more.
Concept Art[1-3] --- Must know how to design unique characters and locations.

Please tell me if you are interested and send me an example of your work if possible.  Thanks for reading and I hope you can help!

-Bazooie

Sinkin

Team Dekunutz
Re: [RECRUITING] Legend of Zelda: Tablet of Soul...
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 03:36:03 pm »
  • Idk
Is there any example of the graphics? Quite curios about how it looks.
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 04:14:48 pm »
Ah, sorry but all of our graphics will be made from scratch and I've only just posted the recruitment topic, so I currently haven't started working on the actual game.  Anyway, think Wind Waker, it's going to be cel-shaded.

-Bazooie

EDIT: If you'd like to help, you're more than welcome  ;)
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 04:18:05 pm »
  • I had to sew my face back on with string cheese
What exactly would YOU be doing?  You're asking for people with skills who could very well make a game without you :/
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2010, 04:36:29 pm »
I'll be doing SOME of the programming, I'd say I'm currently at an intermediate level of GML skill, but some things are too hard for me to program.  Also, my main part will be advertising, story work, managing the project, etc.  I'll also be making logos and I'll try my hand at spriting.

-Bazooie

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2010, 05:02:43 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
Ah, sorry but all of our graphics will be made from scratch

o.o It looks like to me the sword in the logo isn't made from scratch :P

Anyway; it doesn't sound like you have much to show yet, and that you might be getting a bit ahead of yourself in the promoting :P Should wait until it pans out a bit more before overshooting the goals
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2010, 06:10:25 pm »
Aha, the sword was ripped from Wind Waker, sorry about that one.

Anyway, I posted because I'm going to need a team for this.  I've made the basic movement engine already and it's working smoothly.  At the moment I need a programmer who can continue the movement engine a little.

Here: http://www.mediafire.com/?7aj68m39j9mjn9a

It's VERY basic, I added a following NPC as well, it can be changed to follow a path or whatever.   

Now can I get someone to take a role?  :P

-Bazooie
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2011, 04:07:03 am »
I'm willing to help out with the concept art if this project still is open
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2011, 04:10:43 am »
This is another simple warning.  I am not going to ban you you since you are new, but please read our posting rules and the actual date of the last post.  Don't grave dig.

*locked*
  • Super Fan Gamers!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.218 seconds with 55 queries.

anything