Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: This is terrible.  (Read 3179 times)

This is terrible.
« on: June 25, 2007, 10:07:20 pm »
Quote from: USAToday
LOUISVILLE (AP) — Six Flags and another company shut down eight more thrill rides Friday around the country after a teenage girl had her feet chopped off at the ankle on a Superman Tower of Power.
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2007-06-22-six-flags-severed_N.htm?csp=34
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 03:26:47 pm by halokun »

.TakaM was here.
so my friend stole a giant bag of ketchup out of the ketchup pumping things and brought it to our table and we took it in the bathroom and i smashed it over the sink and kicked it around the bathroom and smeared it everywhere and we all took turns kicking the ketchup out of it and when we were done it looked like an african village was murdered in the bathroom
XFD.
  • Awesome Land
Re: Jesus....
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 10:09:33 pm »
Yeah lol, heard that yesterday or something. Pretty shitty XD
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 10:17:19 pm »
  • Personal Text
This is not funny...
but anyways, I'll send kind regards to the family. and hope that six flags will be okay and not shut down permanatly, because A LOT-A LOT of people go there, and everyone finds it enjoyable.  So if the family makes a law suit out of this, I hope it isn't too big...
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 10:18:43 pm »
  • Lul
I heard about this today, I was reading the newspaper where another girl had been thrown out of a ride (though in sweden), my friend then came to me and told me about this.  It's freaking sick, must've hurt a lot :-\  Poor girl :(
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 10:21:31 pm »
  • I choose you, Zorua!
A lot of weird stories are out there about amusements parcs, but this has gotta be the most horrible one I've ever heard. I hope the girl will revalidate well and Six Flags will get their rollercoasters fixed. All of them.
My name is Pitt
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2007, 10:23:15 pm »
Oh come on, a rollercoaster is still like a hundred times safer than the car-ride to the park :P.
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2007, 10:37:18 pm »
I hope she got her money back.  Epic, epic win. 

To all the people who are going to come down on me for saying that, of course I feel that it was awful, I just learn to think of it casually.  Call it a cold heart, but hey, it's just who I am.

Oh, and it's not a rollercoaster.  All the ride was that hurt the girl was a ride up and down a big pole at a very high speed, lol.
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2007, 10:42:38 pm »
I hope she got her money back.  Epic, epic win. 

To all the people who are going to come down on me for saying that, of course I feel that it was awful, I just learn to think of it casually.  Call it a cold heart, but hey, it's just who I am.

Oh, and it's not a rollercoaster.  All the ride was that hurt the girl was a ride up and down a big pole at a very high speed, lol.
[Not Me]lol, I thought that was clever, XD

WHO THE HELL EDITED MY POST.
I DEMAND ANSWERS.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 11:51:52 pm by halokun »

.TakaM was here.
so my friend stole a giant bag of ketchup out of the ketchup pumping things and brought it to our table and we took it in the bathroom and i smashed it over the sink and kicked it around the bathroom and smeared it everywhere and we all took turns kicking the ketchup out of it and when we were done it looked like an african village was murdered in the bathroom
XFD.
  • Awesome Land
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2007, 10:43:03 pm »
  • Lul
Oh come on, a rollercoaster is still like a hundred times safer than the car-ride to the park :P.

But it's not the rider's responsibility to make sure that he/she's safe in the ride. The inspectors (especially) should take a much bigger responsibility there :x

IMO one accident (small or big) is too many times. Sure, it's probably difficult to check each part of the ride after each ride. But those kind of mistakes should never happen again :x
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2007, 10:44:36 pm »
Well, they don't happen a lot. Every single bad ride-accident gets reported in the news. If you see one a year it's a lot.

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2007, 10:46:00 pm »
Don't worry about the girl, She'll have plenty of money to buy prosthetic feet after she sues the park.
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2007, 10:47:12 pm »
  • Lul
@ Kleaver (not Swiftu <_<): True that... Btw, this one is the most extreme accident that has ever happened, right?

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2007, 10:49:46 pm »
Nah, I heard one time in Disneyworld this Pirate rollercoaster ride lost a wagon :P
Don't know if someone died though. Probably.

There have probably been worse accidents. Usually not with steel coasters though.

Go watch Final Destination 3 as well.
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2007, 11:26:50 am »
  • IBV

But it's not the rider's responsibility to make sure that he/she's safe in the ride. The inspectors (especially) should take a much bigger responsibility there :x

IMO one accident (small or big) is too many times. Sure, it's probably difficult to check each part of the ride after each ride. But those kind of mistakes should never happen again :x

Well, Tabby, I wouldn't say it's the inspectors responsibility. It's the park management, and possibly owner, those who actually decide what should be done or not be done, that have the most responsibility. They decide whether they should save in money on this or that. If they don't give enough wage to the inspectors you can't be sure they will control the rides properly (yes, you never can, but still, if you try to give them poor condition it's not like it's going to be better). Also, if the park management tries to save money on technical stuff, like cheap steel, cheap connectors, cheap this, cheap that, it doesn't really matter what the inspector does. The inspector could say "You got some really poor stuff in this thing". Well, if the park management does not fix it, it doesn't matter how responsible the inspector is. But I agree that at least it's not the riders responsibility, at least as long as they follow the rules and guidelines put up; e.g. you don't go to a place where it says "staff only", and you don't raise your hands or stand in the car if a sign says "keep hands inside car" or "sit in the car, don't stand".

Really the only thing in this case that can actually make a change is when the accident happen. And even then nothing might happen. It's !@#$% scary the world is like this. The best thing is to probably only go to places where you trust the park. I for example never rides anything that is put up in 24 hours on a market. I can't trust it. The irony is that it has probably happened more accidents on e.g. Liseberg than on those rides. But the difference is that the market rides are only there some days a year, while Liseberg has been around for almost a hundred years, 100 to 200 days a year.
My signature is empty.
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2007, 12:01:16 pm »
  • alastair
I fail to see what this has to do with Jesus.
  • alastair
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2007, 12:27:04 pm »
he was cursing under the lord's name.

Anyway, I feel sick and thank god I still have feet just thinking about it.
the a o d c
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2007, 12:36:49 pm »
  • IBV
he was cursing under the lord's name.

Anyway, I feel sick and thank god I still have feet just thinking about it.

Yeah, it's just better when Nana got all her parts chopped off, eh? >_>
My signature is empty.
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2007, 01:15:26 pm »
Wow... that's really !@#$% up for that girl.
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2007, 01:23:32 pm »
  • Captain Banana
Hurts a lot I think. But she'll just sue Six Flags a few million dollars and have a good life for the rest of her life. This is why I HATE parks like Six Flags. I never go to parks like that.
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2007, 02:25:38 pm »
Hurts a lot I think. But she'll just sue Six Flags a few million dollars and have a good life for the rest of her life. This is why I HATE parks like Six Flags. I never go to parks like that.

Cuz you can get money when something goes wrong....? What is Six Flags supposed to do?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 73 queries.

anything