Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: psp users rejoice :D  (Read 1725 times)

psp users rejoice :D
« on: June 29, 2007, 05:34:39 pm »
The Noobz team finished the 3.50 downgrader :D
Quote from: The Noobz Team Website
We said it would be done - although some people even said we couldn't - and lo... let there be a downgrader! Noobz are proud to present a downgrader for any PSP - even the one in the picture on the left Wink.

This downgrader is for v3.50 firmware, and includes a port of the Homebrew ENabler (HEN) for firmware 3.50. It will automatically detect all known PSP motherboard types, and do the appropriate steps to ensure a safe downgrade.

Before we get started, let's have the obligatory warnings:

Any downgrader carries some risk of permanently damaging your PSP. We've done everything we can to remove as much danger as possible, but if you choose to use this downgrader, you are accepting all of the risk involved. Nobody else will be held responsible for any damage to your PSP, howsoever caused.

Recent Sony official firmwares (3.30 onwards) have included checks that block upgrade from previously-downgraded PSPs with TA-082 or later motherboards. If you use this downgrader on such a PSP, you will lock yourself out of official firmware updates - although you will still be able to use new OE firmwares when they are released. We intend to release a tool to allow a return to official firmwares in the future.

This software is provided free of charge, so that you can use legitimate homebrew on your PSP. You are explicitly prohibited from selling it, or using it to pirate commercial games or applications. If you want to play a commercial game, do the decent thing and support the developers by buying it. If you don't, then YOU are contributing to the death of the PSP software industry.

To use this downgrader, you will need the following:

1. A PSP, upgraded to the official Sony v3.50 firmware. You should also set your language settings to "English".
2. A legal Lumines UMD, either the EU (ULES00043) or US (ULUS10002) version. The original, Platinum, or Greatest Hits versions are all fine. Support for the Japanese version will come soon.
3. Sufficient intelligence and english language skills to be able to carefully and throroughly read the instructions.
4. It would also help if you've previously run the Illuminati Hello World, so that you're familiar with how to run the Illuminati exploit.

For instructions on how to run the downgrader, see the Downgrader_HOWTO.txt file in the ZIP.

Future plans? Firstly, we intend to provide a solution for people who are stuck on firmware 3.10 or 3.11, unable to upgrade to 3.50 due to the new Sony checks. The exact format of that solution is still to be decided. We also intend to develop an eLoader for v3.50 HEN, so that those who do not want to downgrade will still be able to run some homebrew.

As well as the work from the Noobz team, credit is due to the following people:

1. Everyone who has contributed to the ps2dev.org toolchain, without which none of the Noobz software would ever have been possible
2. Archaemic for his original input into the Illuminati exploit, and JoeK for work on the kernel exploit
3. Dark_AleX and Mathieulh, for their work on custom firmwares, HEN and the downgrader core
4. The various websites who continue to develop and support the homebrew community. You know who you are, and we're not going to stir up site politics by mentioning any specific sites. Wink
Here's the website link: http://www.noobz.eu/joomla/news/downgrader-for-v3.50-firmware.html
Time to put FF6 on my PSP :D!

Edit: Bah, I just realized you have to have a copy of Lumines to do it >_<
Well, if you've got a copy of Lumines, then, rejoice :D
« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 05:37:12 pm by halokun »

.TakaM was here.
so my friend stole a giant bag of ketchup out of the ketchup pumping things and brought it to our table and we took it in the bathroom and i smashed it over the sink and kicked it around the bathroom and smeared it everywhere and we all took turns kicking the ketchup out of it and when we were done it looked like an african village was murdered in the bathroom
XFD.
  • Awesome Land
Re: psp users rejoice :D
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 05:37:05 pm »
  • :D
Yeah, already heard about it, I'm excited as hell, already bought lumines (online, should be here sometime soon).

I used to have 1.50 firmware too, but I decided to upgrade for some reason.  Bad decision, free games for the win :D
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 05:37:35 pm »
Yeah, I really wish I had a copy of Lumines now =/

.TakaM was here.
so my friend stole a giant bag of ketchup out of the ketchup pumping things and brought it to our table and we took it in the bathroom and i smashed it over the sink and kicked it around the bathroom and smeared it everywhere and we all took turns kicking the ketchup out of it and when we were done it looked like an african village was murdered in the bathroom
XFD.
  • Awesome Land
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2007, 05:51:50 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
HOLY !@#$% FINALLY! NOOBZ I LOVE YOU GUYS! <3

-gets bonar-

Thanks so much for posting this man! I haven't checked in a while! :D

Edit: Oh wait..Lumines..-gets unbonar-

I'll go and buy it somewhere XD can't be that bad of a game..
« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 05:55:30 pm by Zidane »
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2007, 05:55:09 pm »
Dammit, I really want Lumines.
I'm just gonna rent it from Blockbuster or Gamefly.
Instant win.

.TakaM was here.
XFD.
  • Awesome Land
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2007, 06:24:55 pm »
  • your mum said hullo
Thank god i stayed at 2.7 then they released a downgrader.

I have 3.02 OE-A now :> 
and i lost my copy of lumines so...
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2007, 06:26:16 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
What is Lumines like anyways? The title reminds me of Lemmings...XD

Is it a good game?
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2007, 06:29:47 pm »
God, ok, I don't know if I can rent it, so if anyone has a copy that they could let me borrow, I'd mail it right back to them, but jesus, I wanna play FF6 and SMRPG on my PSP so bad >_<

Edit:
Thank god i stayed at 2.7 then they released a downgrader.

I have 3.02 OE-A now :> 
and i lost my copy of lumines so...
Get 3.40oe.

.TakaM was here.
XFD.
  • Awesome Land
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2007, 09:42:40 pm »
What is Lumines like anyways? The title reminds me of Lemmings...XD

Is it a good game?

Yes, lumines is a fantsatic game, well worth the 20 bucks.

And Halu, I think you were kidding, but once I downgrade, I really will send it to you if you promise to sell it back :)
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2007, 10:17:33 pm »
Wait, you serious?
You'll honestly mail it to me?
MSN nao.

.TakaM was here.
XFD.
  • Awesome Land
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2007, 10:20:44 pm »
Uuugh I hate MSN.

I don't have the game yet, and I have to make sure that I downgrade mine first, but yeah sure I'll send it to you (as long as you live in North America... I ain't payin' shipping to another continent :P)
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2007, 10:23:59 pm »
Yeah, I'm North Carolina, long series of PMs commence now.

.TakaM was here.
XFD.
  • Awesome Land
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2007, 10:24:13 pm »
  • w00t
Looks like they've already released 3.51 to fix the exploit.  Wonderful.
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
  • Link Maze - Zelda mini fangame
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2007, 10:29:33 pm »
Looks like they've already released 3.51 to fix the exploit.  Wonderful.
It's out in the UK and Japan right now, not the US, so we should be alright as long as we don't upgrade when it does come.
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2007, 10:42:20 pm »
Then they'll make all their new games only playable if you upgrade to 3.51.
loel.

.TakaM was here.
XFD.
  • Awesome Land
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2007, 10:53:19 pm »
Oh !@#$%, nevermind what I said before, 3.51 IS already up for the US.  Halu, where can I download 3.50?
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2007, 11:33:53 pm »
« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 11:38:38 pm by halokun »

.TakaM was here.
XFD.
  • Awesome Land
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2007, 12:35:12 am »
Awesome, thanks man... *anticipates free games again*
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 89 queries.

anything