Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: FF:CC, Now Final Fantasy XIII, 2-2 with Stupid A.I. Squeenix  (Read 3095 times)

FF:CC, Now Final Fantasy XIII, 2-2 with Stupid A...
« on: September 29, 2010, 08:04:59 am »
I like playing Final Fantasy XIII, i really do, just that i have some issues on Square's stupidity.

It seems the healing A.I. in this game is just extremely stupid. Every time i see someone complain about the A.I. medic's lack of healing abilities, i see someone else come in and say "well that's why you have to be the healer". I don't think so. I really shouldn't have to be the healer because my party members are too stupid to do it correctly.

There is also the issue with the fact that Square-Enix seemed to have royally screwed up Healing abilities and items. Cure, Weak healing that heals 1 person, Cura seems to heal almost the same as Cure but heals all 3 party members. See up until this game Cura has ALWAYS healed a lot more then Cure. They choose now to compensate for that, while keeping the enemies and bosses at doing damn good damage to me, Come on. A lot of the issues with Healing seem to all stem from the fact that Cure and Cura don't do nearly as much as they should, Especially Cura. You pretty much keep the move the same for like a billion games, and you chose NOW to change it up?

Then we have the Healing items, or should 1 healing item, the Crappy, oh so crappy Potion. The worst item that has always healed the Worst in FF games, is now the only healing item, Yes, i do have the Doc or whatever item that doubles Potions healing, It still doesn't help sometimes. while i still have my crappy Medic's failing at healing, you ain't helping at all Square-Enix.

Then we have the Leader, oh the wonderful Leader. If the leader dies, it's game over. If i hated when that happened in both Persona 3, and 4, Why in the hell would i love it now? Persona 3 also has issues with Stupid healing A.I.'s.

I like this game, i really do, I just have a few issues with what Square-Enix decided to do. I just really need to get this off my chest.

Re: FF:CC, Now Final Fantasy XIII, 2-2 with Stup...
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 03:14:11 pm »
I never ran into troubles healing, perhaps the only issue I had was with the difficult of some of the boss fights, where I ended up having to grind for a while and then afterwards I become overpowered, and the linearity.
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 07:08:21 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
I also have to complain about the summon system.  Seriously, I have 6 Eidolons, and I can only summon the one that my leader is using? fffffffffff

i love big weenies and i cannot lie

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 08:50:35 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
I think Square's biggest issue is time constraints. Honestly; that's an issue with a lot of companies with sub-par games. They reach their deadline knowing they need to make it better, but they're forced to push it out. It sucks, but that's business.

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 10:26:15 am »
  • www.mouffers.com
After recently beating Persona 3 on the PSP, I'd like to say that I never had problems with the AI healing for the amount of time I had them set to AI. Despite the fact that Yukari epic sucks, she was always there for me healing. I have never also had problems in FFXIII with the AI. However, maybe it has changed or something...

It's true though. If a game needs to be released and it's not QUITE done yet, they will push it out. It's how the gaming industry works. "Oh !@#$%, our release date is soon and we haven't quite fixed healing...oh well," I mean, FFXIII is playable isn't it? Maybe they wanted things to be a bit harder. I don't know.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 04:26:01 pm »
After recently beating Persona 3 on the PSP, I'd like to say that I never had problems with the AI healing for the amount of time I had them set to AI. Despite the fact that Yukari epic sucks, she was always there for me healing. I have never also had problems in FFXIII with the AI. However, maybe it has changed or something...

It's true though. If a game needs to be released and it's not QUITE done yet, they will push it out. It's how the gaming industry works. "Oh !@#$%, our release date is soon and we haven't quite fixed healing...oh well," I mean, FFXIII is playable isn't it? Maybe they wanted things to be a bit harder. I don't know.

You played it on the psp and you didn't set it to direct control? I.... don't understand.

While there weren't a ton of times that the computer was stupid, there were a few times where when it was, it would cause me to die.

Only me in the game.

I was fighting one of the bosses

a lot of our HP goes down

yukari has 113 MP left

*yukari uses an item to heal me*

i died on the next turn, that happened a few times. In Persona 4, My whole team, but me, managaed to use up almost all my homonculus from one turn. Went from 3 to 1 within 2 seconds xD. Then there were the times in the Answer where we would all see their weakness, giant WEAK came up, does the computer read that, nope, it continues to use Brave Blade in the Answer.

The few times the computer annoyed me, at least it actually attacked, unlike in Rings of Fate, where my party would be literally right in front of the enemy, and not attack. Spent two boss battles with just me attacking.

My annoyance in 13 came from fighting MAJOR SPOILERS
Show content
Cid, he pretty much kept killing Lightning while Hope was being stupid and not healing her, Cid would literally hit me into the air and wait like 7 seconds, while hope stood on the ground, as a medic, and watched, then Cid would jump in the Air and kill lightning, There were times in quite a few battles that the CPU would attack stupid enough for me to die, only me, or a party member

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2010, 04:54:34 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com

You played it on the psp and you didn't set it to direct control? I.... don't understand.

While there weren't a ton of times that the computer was stupid, there were a few times where when it was, it would cause me to die.

Only me in the game.

I was fighting one of the bosses

a lot of our HP goes down

yukari has 113 MP left

*yukari uses an item to heal me*

i died on the next turn, that happened a few times. In Persona 4, My whole team, but me, managaed to use up almost all my homonculus from one turn. Went from 3 to 1 within 2 seconds xD. Then there were the times in the Answer where we would all see their weakness, giant WEAK came up, does the computer read that, nope, it continues to use Brave Blade in the Answer.

The few times the computer annoyed me, at least it actually attacked, unlike in Rings of Fate, where my party would be literally right in front of the enemy, and not attack. Spent two boss battles with just me attacking.

My annoyance in 13 came from fighting MAJOR SPOILERS
Show content
Cid, he pretty much kept killing Lightning while Hope was being stupid and not healing her, Cid would literally hit me into the air and wait like 7 seconds, while hope stood on the ground, as a medic, and watched, then Cid would jump in the Air and kill lightning, There were times in quite a few battles that the CPU would attack stupid enough for me to die, only me, or a party member

FISSURE, lol. I set it to direct control once I knew about it :P. I'm going to emphasize the "for the amount of time I had them set to AI" sentence :). But yeah, I guess there could've been times where the AI was just stupid. Such as, for instance, why would you not use Agi when the enemy's weak to Agi skills? *bewildered*

I guess it depends, which is what makes the AI sometimes frustrating. Sometimes AI will have some random elements added in to fill gaps.
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2010, 04:56:21 pm »
I think Square's biggest issue is time constraints. Honestly; that's an issue with a lot of companies with sub-par games. They reach their deadline knowing they need to make it better, but they're forced to push it out. It sucks, but that's business.
I have to agree with that, but there is also another reason. And that is related to amount of CPU/GPU usage. There are two things that use a lot in a game one is Graphics/Physics (where physics is often calculated by the CPU) and AI. And big developers often choose to give the players the best graphics possible, because this is viewable in previews. The more that goes to graphics and physics the less there is left for the rest and especially the AI. But hey that is business, they have to seduce people to buy and that is done with graphics and nice motions.

Thus when developing the AI they probably start with the enemies, making it a that there are some killer bosses and challenging monsters for the players to fight. NPC's hardly need any. But when it comes to teammate AI, they will have to do with what is left.
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2010, 09:35:35 am »
  • Team Dekunutz
Never had a problem with healing. :/ Summons are a little annoying since I want to use some summons but don't want to play as that character.
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2010, 09:21:56 pm »
Not sure how i am the only one having trouble with the Down Syndromed A.I. Hope is being stupid. Idiot stands there getting wailed on set as a !@#$% MEDIC and he dies, doesn't even !@#$% try to heal. I waste my !@#$% Phoenix Down bringing the idiot back only to have lightning die. It's like i get the idiots of the A.I. bunch somehow.

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2010, 11:51:06 pm »
  • Team Dekunutz
Not sure how i am the only one having trouble with the Down Syndromed A.I. Hope is being stupid. Idiot stands there getting wailed on set as a !@#$% MEDIC and he dies, doesn't even !@#$% try to heal. I waste my !@#$% Phoenix Down bringing the idiot back only to have lightning die. It's like i get the idiots of the A.I. bunch somehow.
Why not use a different medic then? Try Vanille , she is my best medic. Though my team is Hope, Light, and Fang. I don't have any phoenix downs and never really had to use them.

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2010, 02:53:17 am »
  • www.mouffers.com

Then don't use Hope as a medic. He's not even that competent as one. Cypras is right; the medic you really should be using is Vanille because she's meant to be a medic.
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2010, 09:13:13 am »
Why not use a different medic then? Try Vanille , she is my best medic. Though my team is Hope, Light, and Fang. I don't have any phoenix downs and never really had to use them.

Then don't use Hope as a medic. He's not even that competent as one. Cypras is right; the medic you really should be using is Vanille because she's meant to be a medic.

Ah, i will try using vanille to heal then, time to use that 200K CP i got her by accident

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2010, 12:08:30 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com

Ah, i will try using vanille to heal then, time to use that 200K CP i got her by accident

Each character is really strong/special in one class:

Lightning - Commando
Snow - Sentinel
Hope - Ravager
Sazh - Synergist
Fang - Saboteur
Vanille - Medic

They all have other strengths (obviously Vanille would make a better Ravager than a Commando), but those are the dominants. You DEFINITELY want to use Vanille as a Medic because she has better Medic spells that have area of effect and make it faster to heal.
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2010, 11:17:27 pm »
  • Team Dekunutz

Each character is really strong/special in one class:

Lightning - Commando
Snow - Sentinel
Hope - Ravager
Sazh - Synergist
Fang - Saboteur
Vanille - Medic

They all have other strengths (obviously Vanille would make a better Ravager than a Commando), but those are the dominants. You DEFINITELY want to use Vanille as a Medic because she has better Medic spells that have area of effect and make it faster to heal.
Yeah that's right. I find Vanille to be a pretty good Saboteur too. Fang is my best commando.
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2010, 12:39:14 am »
Ugh still having trouble even with Vanilla as a Medic.

I'm currently fighting the battle:

Show content
In the cave after you get to gran pulse, you have to jump on a rolling pulse f'lcie, but to do that you have to defeat some enemy that has like 4 robots with him, killing the robots makes him summon more. I do fine for a bit until they all decide to smack vanille, after a few hits she gets down somehow to like 300-400 HP, and she seems way to slow and can't heal fast enough before she dies.

Edit from Star: FISSURE, your spoiler tag didn't work so I fixed it for you. I REALLY HOPE YOU DON'T MIND!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 03:23:54 am by Starフォセーキン »

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2010, 09:39:30 pm »
  • Team Dekunutz
That is an easy fight. Do not have haste? Make sure you power up or whatever by using hope or sazh as your Synergist at the start of battle then have Diversity with vanille as medic, hope as ravenger and light as commando. Should be easy as. Or you are too weak and need to train.

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2010, 02:05:16 pm »
  • Colbydude was here.
Lesson learned: Don't announce Final Fantasy 16 before you release Final Fantasy 15.
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2010, 05:34:40 am »
That is an easy fight. Do not have haste? Make sure you power up or whatever by using hope or sazh as your Synergist at the start of battle then have Diversity with vanille as medic, hope as ravenger and light as commando. Should be easy as. Or you are too weak and need to train.

Just got around to putting the game back in >.<; Don't have Haste i don't think, Which Crysterium is it under? If Synergist hope doesn't have it.

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2010, 05:43:53 am »
  • Team Dekunutz
Sash has it. That is the only thing that makes him useful until hope learns it.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.29 seconds with 78 queries.