Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [REDO] Mini Dungeon, Destruction of Koriki Village  (Read 8805 times)

Zhello

N.A.D.I.
[REDO] Mini Dungeon, Destruction of Koriki Villa...
« on: February 11, 2013, 07:27:15 pm »
  • L'homme avec beaucoup de noms.
Forest Maze, Fado's Meadow
This mini boss is OPTIONAL! So if the player ignores the random ghost in the forest, they will never get the chance to confront it again.
Well the idea now is to match something like the Deku Race off of Majora's Mask.

Gaining access to the dream/mini dungeon
Show content
Before getting to the Temple, there will be a ghost hanging around the forest, following it will elad you to a hidden location, where you will fall off into a small meadow, which has a short maze as well, ignoring the ghost, he will disappear once you enter the dungeon.

Boss/Enemy:
Rude Dekus
Deku Babas
Mini Skulltula
Fado the Koriki Ghost Light/Dark-Boss

Story line of the Dungeon(fixed the typos; grammer errors)
Story line of the Dungeon
Show content
Before Link ventures to the Forest Temple, he must go through a maze, in the maze there is a gloomy figure that is hanging out by the trees, midway through the maze. If Link confronts him, starts to laugh at Link and the screen turns black and the ghost disappears. This will open up another path way in the maze, only if you interact with the ghost, going into this path will make Link fall down a hilltop area, kind of like in MM when you chase Skull Kid into the Clock Town. Link then begins to follow the ghost into the hidden maze and is confronted by other forest monsters as well. Getting to the end of the maze, the ghost will halt and stare at Link while sitting on a hidden green chest, he tells Link about the Koriki's and before he could finish, he started to attack Link and a battle ensues. While fighting, the ghost tells Link that he must attack his shadow form in order to rid of it. The more times you hit the shadow form of the ghost, the greater chance you have on saving the ghost, if you hit the light form of the ghost, you will alter the after battle sequence.

If you defeated the shadow form: The ghost will tell Link that this form was haunting him his whole life, even after what Ganondorf did to his village. He tells Link that his split peronallity is what manifested from the darkness that Ganondorf has palce on the Koriki soil. The ghost also stated that he was seeking someone  willing to take his last belonging item before he passes on, and tells Link that the key to the chest is located in his hut within the ruined village.

Light Form defeated: The shadow form will explain to Link about ridding him of his good self and started to push Link around a bit, still weaken, it gives Link a riddle on where to find his key for the chest.

Also if you defeat the light form, Koriki ghost are less hostile, while defeating the Light form, they will attack often, regardless of having the Koriki Sword or not.

After Fado's defeat,  there will be vines helping the player get back up into the main forest maze, the vine prevents the player from falling off the slope leading to this hidden meadow.

Facts:
Show content
When he was alive, the Koriki named Fado had a multiple personality. Where if he was good he helps everyone, however, if bad, he tend to prank and play rude tricks on others.

He is not as hostile as the others, however, his pushes deal really low amount of damage.

The ghost is named Fado, this is revealed by other Koriki ghost in the area, also it is mention he had a sister who too was a Koriki.

The item in Fado's Chest various on how you defeat him, same as with the key location.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 02:55:26 am by Donotfeedthemax »
The IT Guy
Intermediate Coder
Linux is a wonderful thing
~Linkwolf48/Gumstone1080~

The Legend of Zelda - New Beginnings

http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=34986.0
1.6 Demo -
https://www.dropbox.com/s/56km0iadaras56g/LoZNB%20Game%20Folder.rar?dl=0

Side Projects:

Dragon Diary - Cybernetic Threat
Story: http://wiki.zfgc.com/Cybernetic_Threat

Aero88
ZFGC is like the Hotel California.  You can come in but you can never leave!

devianart: http://linkwolf48.deviantart.com/
Re: [Submission] Mini Dungeon, Destruction of Ko...
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 07:37:59 pm »
  • It's the grineer
I really like it. It reminds me to a special event in Pokemon Platinum. When the player entered the house, a guy would be waiting for him, and will tell you to rest. When the player does it, it will find itself in a nightmare in which you fough against Darkrai, and then the player will awake. A one time thing.

Antidote

>.>
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 07:42:31 pm »
  • In all seriousness who's serious?
I agree with Blaze,
On an unrelated note, my Forum snooper informed me of this :3
  • Axiomatic Data Laboratories

Zhello

N.A.D.I.
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 08:29:34 pm »
Thanks, I completely changed the post so it has more detail of the dungeon.  XD
The IT Guy
Intermediate Coder

1.6 Demo -

Side Projects:

Aero88

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 08:48:49 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
Nice concept, but a few things I need to pick on...

First off, the forest maze vanishes after the forest temple is cleared.  So you either need to make this happen BEFORE the forest temple, or move the entrance somewhere else.  Leaning towards the later, personally.  Depends how it'll effect the impact on the player of seeing the Kokiri Village for the first time.

Second, what does this dream refer to?  The destruction of the Kokiri?  If so, this doesn't match what we have in the design doc.  The Kokiri slowly began dying off after Ganondorf killed the Deku Tree.

Thirs...this is vicious..I mean REALLY vicious!  I'm all for showing the tragedy of the Kokiri in this manner (i.e. via a nightmare), and I love a good creepy unsettling mood, but the violence NEEDS to be more subtle.  Even Majora's Mask was more subtle than this!  These are children we're talking about murdering here, that won't fly well with other Zelda communities and people playing the game.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 08:59:26 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
Yeeeah.

I'm a full on no for this.

The story is far too unnecessarily brutal for this kind of game. Do you realize that not even most horror movies or stories portray the death of a child? Brutally murdering children is prohibited because it's too much for most people. Star Wars Episode 3, did they film Anakin Skywalker killing those kids? No. Equally, even if you subtly mentioned it, we are not Star Wars. This is Zelda ffs, and there's no way in hell I am introducing murder to this extent into this fan game. We are not aiming to create an emo alteration of a horror game here. Stick to the theme. It's dark, not brutal. Ghosts and monsters are by all means a-okay, but when we get to the topic of murder and brutality, no. Just no.

Make a new topic with something that isn't to the extent of this.

Creepy is good. Blatantly showing murder, especially KIDS, is not.

I suggest you make a new topic. The beginning started well until you got into the emo !@#$% horror crap.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART

Zhello

N.A.D.I.
Re: [RE !@#$% DO] Mini Dungeon, Destruction of K...
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 09:07:39 pm »
ah ok, I do a bit of revision for this and see how it goes, I tend to time of random ideas so I do some changes.

EDIT:
I chanegd it up a bit, but trying to throw some ideas down, not as dark/threatening as mention before.
So this time it is just another Koriki Ghost who flees when you confront it, and the player follows it into a miniture maze that is unlocked after interacting with the ghost.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 09:25:08 pm by Zhello »
The IT Guy
Intermediate Coder

1.6 Demo -

Side Projects:

Aero88

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2013, 09:09:45 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
ah ok, I do a bit of revision for this and see how it goes, I tend to time of random ideas so I do some changes.

I think you should re-read a bit. You have more than just a little bit of revision to do here.
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2013, 09:40:46 pm »
Oh it is about the Kokiri. Here I was thinking all the time you wanted to put a new village in the game with a very similar name. Well first piece of advice, change "Koriki" into "Kokiri". Second I think this is a sidequest and not something for the dungeon board although it includes a mini dungeon.

This mini boss is OPTIONAL! So if the player ignores the random ghost in the forest, they will never get the chance to confront it again.
Really if you ignore the optional sidequest at first, you never get the option again to play it?

I think this idea is meh.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 09:43:02 pm by Zaeranos »
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2013, 01:23:19 pm »
  • It's just Max.
I think the main positive attribute of this was originally that it showed the player a part of the story that we'd otherwise only be able to allude to. However, the problem was that the mini dungeon didn't exactly follow the story of the game, and was instead transformed into describing something kind of terrible, as Star mentioned :s
It would be cool if we were a 3D game, to show the Deku tree falling down from the point of view of Link being in the canopy, but that's not really possible in 2D to do well.

The changes here take away the relevancy to the plot, now it's just about some random Kokori who is evil, and we don't know why he's this way, and it doesn't illuminate the plot any more. I don't think there are really enough benefits to push this into the game, it doesn't quite fit and feels a little forced to me.

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2013, 01:43:17 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
I really like the aspect of having a new path in the maze as an optional quest, but the story as Max stated, is just pretty far off.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 60 queries.