Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: What happens after you die?  (Read 27201 times)

Re: What happens after you die?
« Reply #100 on: September 21, 2007, 10:14:52 pm »
  • I had to sew my face back on with string cheese
no, but i'll say again, there's nothing to disprove the bible.  not oprah's little bible disproving team, not fake archeological finds(wow, that was obvious), not any mortal can disprove the bible.
« Reply #101 on: September 21, 2007, 10:18:51 pm »
no, but i'll say again, there's nothing to disprove the bible.  not oprah's little bible disproving team, not fake archeological finds(wow, that was obvious), not any mortal can disprove the bible.

Theres nothing that can disprove Archeological Finds.

See what I did there? : D Don't be an ass and push this crap on us o.o
« Reply #102 on: September 21, 2007, 10:25:05 pm »
No mortal can disprove Azathoth either. The Pope's little Cthulhu disproving team and the fools incapable of accepting the harsh truth cannot either.

Btw: When you die, your soul is sent to very core of the universe where it is eaten by the great Daemon Sultan to beat of maddening drums.

XD
« Reply #103 on: September 21, 2007, 10:47:51 pm »
No mortal can disprove Azathoth either. The Pope's little Cthulhu disproving team and the fools incapable of accepting the harsh truth cannot either.

Btw: When you die, your soul is sent to very core of the universe where it is eaten by the great Daemon Sultan to beat of maddening drums.

XD
that's a fictional story written by what's his name.  there's no reason to believe that.  the second part made me lol.
« Reply #104 on: September 21, 2007, 10:54:00 pm »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
Look you can't prove and you can't disprove the bible so I mean whats the point of trying to "convince" another person of what happens after death anyway. Mostly In my opinion when people try to convince people of stuff they are more just stating there opinions.
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #105 on: September 21, 2007, 11:23:04 pm »

XD
that's a fictional story written by what's his name.  there's no reason to believe that.  the second part made me lol.
that's a fictional story written by jews.  there's no reason to believe that.  the new testament part made me lol.
« Reply #106 on: September 21, 2007, 11:46:46 pm »
Look you can't prove and you can't disprove the bible so I mean whats the point of trying to "convince" another person of what happens after death anyway. Mostly In my opinion when people try to convince people of stuff they are more just stating there opinions.
but you can prove the bible, it has been proven, by many people archeologically, and it's backed up by tons of records and even geography.
« Reply #107 on: September 22, 2007, 12:10:24 am »
but you can prove the bible, it has been proven, by many people archeologically, and it's backed up by tons of records and even geography.
Give me an example.
« Reply #108 on: September 22, 2007, 12:29:30 am »
remains of noah's ark were found on mt. arart.
« Reply #109 on: September 22, 2007, 10:44:12 am »

No. What APPEARED to be remains were found. I think you got that froma video of some preacher dude, preaching that because somethings been written in a book it MUST of happened. But. even he doubted it to be the remains. Plus he lied. A LOT.
« Reply #110 on: September 22, 2007, 12:41:12 pm »

No. What APPEARED to be remains were found. I think you got that froma video of some preacher dude, preaching that because somethings been written in a book it MUST of happened. But. even he doubted it to be the remains. Plus he lied. A LOT.
then i guess there's no point in asking me if you're just not going to believe anything.  and i don't know who you're talking about, that could be any of the crap preachers on t.v.
« Reply #111 on: September 22, 2007, 06:19:23 pm »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
Wow. That was yesterday I posted that and already people are trying to "convince" each other of stuff so that proves exactly what I just said.

See! You tried to convince him, obviously knowing that you couldn't and lo and behold, it didn't even slightly convince him. WHAT IS THE POINT???
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #112 on: September 22, 2007, 06:21:53 pm »
See! You tried to convince him, obviously knowing that you couldn't and lo and behold, it didn't even slightly convince him. WHAT IS THE POINT???
[/quote]

No. I simply said its not evidence. Re-read it.
« Reply #113 on: September 22, 2007, 09:04:08 pm »
When you die, you cease to think.  The end.  Either that or the stupid s*** god is sends you to hell for reasons it thinks are unjustifiable.
- Click to go to thread
« Reply #114 on: September 23, 2007, 08:28:48 pm »
In order for something to be true, it must be able to be proven or disproven. Scientific Method 101
« Reply #115 on: September 23, 2007, 08:39:32 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
"Is existence an assumption we can afford to make?"

That can be viewed in several ways. Make of it what you will.
« Reply #116 on: September 24, 2007, 12:46:10 am »
Leave it to ZFGC... Apparently any topic can be turned into a religious war! Any more of it and I'll lock this topic.

*in before the lock*

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #117 on: September 24, 2007, 09:38:25 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Hmm..

Well! My personal belief structure has changed a bit. Instead of being a "Sheeple Christian" (whereas I just went by what I was told Christianity was as apposed to what the Hebrew, Syriac, and Latin manuscripts say), I decided to do some in-depth, multi-language studies on these sorts of topics ("Why are we here?", "Where do we go when we die?", etc).

So; MY belief on this matter (based on my studies, which I put my faith into 200%) is quite simple. Death is simply a transition from one plane to the next; Body simply does what it does; rots.

Contrary to common Christian belief; instead of the "bad" going to hell for their transgressions; the "unfruitful" and "workless" (not jobless, but rather people who have not made use of themselves in a meaningful manor, a way that helps others, impacts others livelihood, etc), find themselves in the same place everyone else is... but separated from the fruitful and goodly people. Most refer to this as "Abraham's Bosom"; and it resembles the river Styx in parabol. On one side, theres people who wish they could cross, but cannot. Theyre just there in waiting for judgement, whereas on the other side are the ones who did not fall short of salvation, with the ability to cross back and forth to either side of the stream (as teachers). This is the same place Yeshua went to in the manuscripts to go forth and teach to all of the fallen before the redemption from his ressurection; giving an equal chance of salvation to people on both sides of the stream. Again though; this "stream" was mentioned in the manuscripts in parabol form. It is NOT a literal stream, as far as I know (or anyone else for that matter lol)

In common Christian practice, Heaven and Hell are places; however, my thoughts are much... much different on this as well. Heaven and Hell arent places, but rather "conditions". "Hell" in its original form in the manuscripts is derived from ~16 different words, none of which meaning the Greek underworld; "Hades", but rather, mostly means "Death". A place of eternal torture does NOT exist in true Christianity, its not scriptural at all, and its just a scare tactic for bible thumpers. The only place a "Hell" even remotely resembles the bible thumper hell is in Revelation; and even at that, it simply means the "Destruction of the Soul"; which is simply ceasing to exist; or the "Blotting out of the book of life". In other words, its life or death, not life or eternal torture. From this, scripturally, when spiritually rotten people die, they go to what is commonly known as "Abraham's Bosom" and wait for when the creation of Hell (basically, judgement) takes place, and from that point simply die if they don't wish to be with God. Heaven on the other hand is "wherever God is". From this; when people die, either way they're in the spiritual plane that God is in; so in essence EVERYONE goes to heaven. Some wait for judgment, some are already granted salvation, but all are in the same general area.

My personal belief; ALL religions are capable of achieving heaven even after death. Fate is not sealed in death. Do I believe you NEED to be a Christian to be granted salvation? Yes. Do I think things are finalized in death on this plane of existence? nope :p. Quite simply, someone could die, find themselves on the "Wrong side of the gulf" (that river); and think "Oh snap, theres Yeshua... I didn't believe it until now", and then BOOM. Instant salvation. lol Besides, Salvation is determined not by the sins of man, but MORE SO their works. There is no unforgivable sin, even in death, except for one that is IMPOSSIBLE to commit right now anyway, lol so I dont think anyone really has to worry too much.

But ultimately the point is; we didn't just randomly appear here sandboxes and told "YOU MUST FOLLOW GOD OR BURN FOR ETERNITY"; its more than that, and actually if people cant understand why we're here to begin with salvation is just going to be one big huge wall for them because they cant either grasp it or explain it. The whole reason we're here is because when we existed before this (Yes, Earth is MILLIONS of years old. Genesis itself took 6000 years, and it starts out in Hebrew as "The World was turned void and empty" not "The World was made void and empty" as most translations put it; so the earth existed long before the events of Genesis. It was made for us, but not our flesh selves. The reason we're here, is because God did not want to have to kill off all of his children during the catabol (the rebellion of Satan, before Genesis); when a 3rd of his children fell, he didn't want to start fresh, because he loved his creation. Instead of destroying everyone, he fixed what damage had been caused on earth from the catabol (which quite literally is a ripping of the sky), and as an act of undying love, decided to give the remaining 2/3rds of his children a chance to decide what they want, Him (God), or rebellion. Which also gives more explanation towards why the traditional hell does not exist; torment is not an act of love, and its just stupid lol... This is also why, even in death, its not about what religion you are, because even after death you can find redemption; this is just one plane of existence.

Most of this stuff mentioned is found in Job (a lot of stuff on WHY we're here), Ezekiel (chapter 26+ leads into more stuff for Revelation), the Gospels, Revelation, etc, all in their original languages.

But anyway, yeah, thats what I think happens when we die. lol we pretty much just go to a nifty lil river thingy if we're evil, and if not we're enjoying our original existence from before we had bodies. Pretty much it...
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 09:53:31 am by Mamoruanime »
« Reply #118 on: September 24, 2007, 12:02:09 pm »
  • I need something new to put here...
Holy Shi- that's a long post.
Can be bothered reading right now, just the conclusion. And... well... it reminds me of the ancient Greeks with the river and the boatman. Well, I didn't read the post, I'm not sure on your entire beliefs. >_>
And you kinda rescued this topic from becoming a heavy religious flame war. ;)
« Reply #119 on: September 24, 2007, 04:43:58 pm »
There are many theories, nobody knows for sure. For one, religious people think they'll go to heaven (and hell for the bad guys), some believe in reincarnation, some believe that you'll just turn into a wandering ghost of what's left of your soul. Maybe you will wake up from a dream when you die. Who knows? Anything could happen. :O
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.193 seconds with 74 queries.