Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: which program is the best to make zelda games  (Read 1958 times)

which program is the best to make zelda games
« on: September 21, 2007, 11:47:14 pm »
  • You got the Master Sword!
which program is the best to make zelda games like mc or lttp.i would like to know because i need the best please :D

Come hither o traveler... I sing ye a song yet so melancholy, my voice speaketh the epitaph of darkness.Come into my world young Hylian.Darkest apocalypse hour approaches...Awaken from thy slumber whilst destiny's dreaming of ye soul. Dost thou haveith the time to end thy slumber? Lest thee interfere with my plan, death shall find ye!My mask sees the beginning is the end...I am Majora!
  • zfgc
Re: which program is the best to make zelda game...
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 12:13:46 am »
which program is the best to make zelda games like mc or lttp.i would like to know because i need the best please :D
It depends.

Personally I think learning Python would be best (with Pygame). But Gamemaker might be better for beginners (but I don't approve of using it). ;)
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007, 12:30:35 am »
Most people here use Gamemaker.

Gamemaker is very good for beginners, though it isn't the best language for games. It might be one of the most practical ones, but certainly languages like C++ or Python are better.

I think the easiest way would be using Zelda Classic, but it's too limited when you want to customize certain things in your game.

Some people also use Macromedia Fusion, Flash, Java, Visual Basic, and other languages.
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 12:58:55 am »
Most people here use Gamemaker.

Gamemaker is very good for beginners, though it isn't the best language for games. It might be one of the most practical ones, but certainly languages like C++ or Python are better.

I think the easiest way would be using Zelda Classic, but it's too limited when you want to customize certain things in your game.

Some people also use Macromedia Fusion, Flash, Java, Visual Basic, and other languages.
I never liked ZC, I always found it harder to use than GM.

I avoid Flash, Fusion, and M$ VB like the plague. >_<
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2007, 04:06:29 pm »
Thanks ill go with gamemaker XD but i dont know how to use it :-\

Come hither o traveler... I sing ye a song yet so melancholy, my voice speaketh the epitaph of darkness.Come into my world young Hylian.Darkest apocalypse hour approaches...Awaken from thy slumber whilst destiny's dreaming of ye soul. Dost thou haveith the time to end thy slumber? Lest thee interfere with my plan, death shall find ye!My mask sees the beginning is the end...I am Majora!
  • zfgc
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2007, 06:52:02 pm »
Read tutorials and download tutorial gmks/gm6s depending on which one you got.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2007, 11:30:04 pm »
ok :D

• zfgc
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2007, 11:31:50 pm »
A good game making program is rpg maker, great for turn based games, you can even make a zelda battle system with it.

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2007, 12:15:54 am »
you should use gamemaker, If you have doubts about it then ask either in the programming forum here, or in the game maker community.
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2007, 03:40:04 am »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
Definetly game maker. Don't try and make zelda games first though. Even incredibly good programmers have trouble making and finishing them.
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2007, 06:47:33 am »
Definetly game maker. Don't try and make zelda games first though. Even incredibly good programmers have trouble making and finishing them.
Quoted for truth!
A Zelda game was actually my first game ever...Back when I used *shivers* Klik 'n' Play...
I had no idea what the hell I was doing,but I made Link walk!WooT!
  • Super Fan Gamers!

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2007, 07:13:43 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Microsoft XNA Game Studio Express! lol

okay I'll shut up now <_< but I swear, playing Zelda on the 360 would be fun lol
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2007, 12:47:16 am »
I still think Pygame is best, even if it's harder. At least you're allowed to own the games you make. :-\
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2007, 04:36:47 pm »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
Quoted for truth!
A Zelda game was actually my first game ever...Back when I used *shivers* Klik 'n' Play...
I had no idea what the hell I was doing,but I made Link walk!WooT!
Well I know even a year ago I knew very little about how to make a zelda game...trust me you need to know a LOT before  you can try to make an original game.

Don't get me wrong though, look at some of the game maker code and simple tutorials for zelda games and try and see how they work...just don't throw them together thinking you know what you're doing.
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2007, 04:46:55 pm »
If you really wanna make a true blue Zelda, do it NES style programmed in ASM. :D
Intel P4 3.2 GHZ
2.5GB SDRAM DDR400
350GB SATA
ATI RADEON HD 2600PRO 512MB
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy2 Z
Windows XP SP2

Current Projects: None.
- Trask
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 65 queries.

anything