Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help HelpTheWretched!  (Read 2490 times)

Goodnight

Once and future Captain
Help HelpTheWretched!
« on: April 24, 2008, 04:37:55 am »
  • With a Capital G
HelpTheWretched has supplied you all with well over 2,000 Legend of Zelda sound effects for your games and other projects over at his site, http://noproblo.dayjo.org/ZeldaSounds. Now we can help him get even more.

Recording clear sounds from Twilight Princess requires finding locations in the game with no music, background noise, or echo. A very quiet level of background noise is okay, as long as it's a resonant sound like wind or heavily-flowing water, since those can sometimes be removed by noise reduction, and a slight echo is acceptable and can be mostly removed with a fade curve.

I'm currently about 1/3 the way through the game and have only found several of these locations, none of which have allowed Link to make many actions. HTW realises that some cutscenes or specific in-game moments also go silent, but he hasn't been keeping track of them.

So if Twilight Princess experts can list any such locations they know of, being as spoiler-free as possible, and possibly even mentioning what sounds could be obtained from them, HelpTheWretched would be very thankful and will do his best to record them in time.

Examples:
1) Kakariko Village - lookout tower building. No "indoor actions" by Link except pots to be thrown and rupees to collect. Room has ladders and a large treasure chest.
2) Kakariko Village - building across from the store. Has several crates, one noisy object which can be removed, and targeted-jump spots for Wolf Link.
3) Before "fights" with Bo and Gorons, music cuts and an announcer's voice is heard. (by the way, if anybody knows if these "fights" can be revisited later in the game, beyond the mandatory ones, please let me know!)

For the most part I'm playing through the game to enjoy it, so some recording sessions will have to wait until a second play-through. Many thanks in advance!

Note: We do not have multiple personality disorder.
Re: Help HelpTheWretched!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 07:32:16 pm »
  • Life is Terminal, =)
I would love to help, but I don't have the game. =(

but this sounds like a huge undertaking.  Ill make sure that Colby knows about this, as I played on his copy of the game the first(and only) time i played it.

Not to seem to 'desrtucto' here, but hecking may be easier, as long as we can sort out the source files for the sounds, it would be easy.
  • The Void

Goodnight

Once and future Captain
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 10:32:54 pm »
  • With a Capital G
Thanks anyways! I know it would be hard for anyone to help unless they know the game well and distinctively remember some of those locations. I'm not asking anybody to do a complete play-through or massive search.

A while back somebody commented on the shoutbox that a certain glitch, I think in one of the Woods areas, could be a key to finding a silent place. But I don't want to look it up for fear of spoilers.

Not to seem to 'desrtucto' here, but hecking may be easier, as long as we can sort out the source files for the sounds, it would be easy.

Well that's how the Wind Waker rips were acquired. The guy who made the plugin to crack TWW's sound encryption and dump the raw files even said "Twilight Princess next? Maybe tomorrow."  That was months ago. :P

mit

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 08:04:31 pm »
  • QBASIC programmer since age 4. Take that, world.
You can archive / use / whatever you want all the sounds I ripped: here and here.

I think I ripped most of them in the ruin of the temple of time, it's very quite there. Also, I can rip any by request if anyone wants, although Goodnight'll probably do it better than me.
Programmer / Spriter / Level designer / Game Director / Web Designer / Music Sequencer for
Random Highscore table:

Play the Kousou Arcade today!
  • Kousou Games

Goodnight

Once and future Captain
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 09:28:45 pm »
  • With a Capital G
Thanks for the tip, mit. I haven't been there yet.

Oh and I can hear the noise redux filter in some of your recordings. ;)  The noise has to be really quiet or you get that warbly sound like a low-bitrate MP3.
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2008, 09:43:33 pm »
Hmm, you say hecking will be hard because there is no software for it? If I'm correct, TP and WW use the same sound format. Try using the Wind Waker tool on the Twilight Princess sound effects ;D
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2008, 12:20:45 am »
  • Life is Terminal, =)
I never even looked into it.  I dont have either version of the game, so its sorta hard to try anything. 
good luck on that.
  • The Void

mit

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2008, 10:58:23 am »
  • QBASIC programmer since age 4. Take that, world.
Thanks for the tip, mit. I haven't been there yet.

Oh and I can hear the noise redux filter in some of your recordings. ;)  The noise has to be really quiet or you get that warbly sound like a low-bitrate MP3.
Yeah... I didn't really put much effort into it, it's just the noise reduction tool on audacity. You'll probably be able to get them much clearer.
Programmer / Spriter / Level designer / Game Director / Web Designer / Music Sequencer for
Random Highscore table:

Play the Kousou Arcade today!
  • Kousou Games

Goodnight

Once and future Captain
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2008, 04:10:17 am »
  • With a Capital G
Falbi's place above Lake Hylia, at night, removed of cuccos. Yay. Has a bit of an echo but lets Link do actions since it's technically outdoors.

Moar!
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2008, 02:18:27 am »
  • =/
 Do you have any footstep sounds? Like, for grass, marble, etc, etc?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.196 seconds with 54 queries.

anything