Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question for those with the USB Wi-Fi Connector  (Read 738 times)

Goodnight

Once and future Captain
Question for those with the USB Wi-Fi Connector
« on: April 24, 2008, 04:56:20 am »
  • With a Capital G
I got the Nintendo USB Wi-Fi Connector a few weeks ago and my Wii is now all shiny and onliney, but often when I watch my computer screen, the connection seems to cut out for a moment before re-establishing and giving me the "user connected" pop-up. It does that quite a bit, even though it says the connection has best strength (3 bars).

At other times, the connection has 0 bars, and it reconnects every 15 seconds or so, only to disconnect a moment later. I haven't been moving my USB thing or my Wii. Nintendo's support page only covers generic problems. Does anyone else have this issue? Is it pretty normal? Any suggestions?

Note that my computer is one floor above the Wii in my home - in fact, directly above it. One would assume that going wireless through a floor could explain a lossy signal, however the problem defies that theory. I either get a constantly-strong signal that happens to cut out momentarily once in a while, or a crappy signal that keeps turtle-heading.

BTW: I'm glad to give out my general Friend code (I have no Wi-Fi games yet) but preferably only to people who think they'd keep in touch.

Ryan

The only Canadian?
Re: Question for those with the USB Wi-Fi Connec...
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 06:11:39 am »
I hated that when I had my Wii.

I am not even playing it and it's off but it connects.

After 2 days of being hooked up it also changed my Wii's name to be Japanese.

>_<

Damn you Nintendo!
  • Likes to Ramble
Re: Question for those with the USB Wi-Fi Connec...
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 06:17:39 am »
  • :'O
I suggest you get a router. The Nintendo WiFi USB adapter might be pretty weak since its only meant to transfer small amounts of data between the DS and Wii to Nintendo's servers.

It could be that the USB isn't strong enough to send out a signal that is constantly 3 bars through walls. Maybe plumbing is interfering maybe microwaves I dunno but I would suggest you get a cheap 40$ Belkin Router. They are great value and perfect for what you want them for.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 40 queries.