Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Who else thinks that the Zelda Series needs a...  (Read 5550 times)

Goodnight

Once and future Captain
Re: Who else thinks that the Zelda Series needs ...
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2008, 10:34:04 pm »
  • With a Capital G
ReDead boss would be awesome.. I wonder if they even considered it?  You sorta get half the effect (captured and raped) with Morpha / Morpheel, but the scream-freezing part would have to be included somehow. I think it's a bit too annoying and unfair to include in a boss battle, unless perhaps it takes place in a large round room surrounded by regular ReDeads so that you can't run too far away... maybe instead the scream could slow you down or mess with your controls somehow so you need to try to escape from the boss at those times.. could make for a fun balance of offense and defense.

Oh and the suggestion of a new direction for the series.. let's not forget somebody at Nintendo (damned if I remember) said that Twilight Princess is the "last Zelda we'll see in its current form". If they had said "This series needs an enema!!" then I'd definitely remember who it was, not to mention my pants would have been shat.

I really like EZD and Kylink's ideas, but on the other hand, I was 7 or 8 years old when Zelda 2 came out, and the cartoon and comic series shortly after. Most people criticise the gameplay changes in AoL, but the setting of the series was also going in a different, more whimsical direction at the time; more traditional fantasy elements. Very evident by the music in Zelda 2 and use of villages and magic. From Zelda 3 on, they switched to a more "comic" setting and evolved from there. I would have loved to see how the series went if it kept its early direction. Combine that with the weirdness and emotion of Majora's Mask and it'll be my dream game.

And you know what else about Zelda 2? Even if you didn't like the RPG-map / side-scrolling gameplay, it had a lot of elements that being suggested, like more caves and exploration, and less formulaic, linear dungeons. Plus, the sword and shield play worked well for its time.

Maybe I write a lot about gaming opinions but it's only worth 2 cents.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 10:37:59 pm by Goodnight »

Giverny

Christ on Acid
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2008, 11:02:29 pm »
  • Bitte Scheiße
They'll pump out another DS game, probably using the same engine PH uses.
Stop lying to yourself Handhelds never last longer than 5 years and DS has been around since 2004
You do realize that Nintendo said that they're done with the console war, right? We would've seen an announcement of another handheld by now. Besides, the GBA lived out its life from 2001 to 2005.
Are you trying to say there wont be a new nintendo console?
THEGivernyPROJECT
~LynkW-Surrender Global
  • Surrender Global Forums
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2008, 11:40:53 pm »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
ReDead boss would be awesome.. I wonder if they even considered it?  You sorta get half the effect (captured and raped) with Morpha / Morpheel, but the scream-freezing part would have to be included somehow. I think it's a bit too annoying and unfair to include in a boss battle, unless perhaps it takes place in a large round room surrounded by regular ReDeads so that you can't run too far away... maybe instead the scream could slow you down or mess with your controls somehow so you need to try to escape from the boss at those times.. could make for a fun balance of offense and defense.

Oh and the suggestion of a new direction for the series.. let's not forget somebody at Nintendo (damned if I remember) said that Twilight Princess is the "last Zelda we'll see in its current form". If they had said "This series needs an enema!!" then I'd definitely remember who it was, not to mention my pants would have been shat.

I really like EZD and Kylink's ideas, but on the other hand, I was 7 or 8 years old when Zelda 2 came out, and the cartoon and comic series shortly after. Most people criticise the gameplay changes in AoL, but the setting of the series was also going in a different, more whimsical direction at the time; more traditional fantasy elements. Very evident by the music in Zelda 2 and use of villages and magic. From Zelda 3 on, they switched to a more "comic" setting and evolved from there. I would have loved to see how the series went if it kept its early direction. Combine that with the weirdness and emotion of Majora's Mask and it'll be my dream game.

And you know what else about Zelda 2? Even if you didn't like the RPG-map / side-scrolling gameplay, it had a lot of elements that being suggested, like more caves and exploration, and less formulaic, linear dungeons. Plus, the sword and shield play worked well for its time.

Maybe I write a lot about gaming opinions but it's only worth 2 cents.
I agree with you a lot. It wasn't that bad of a game, it had many things I love. I like how there were many caves you didn't have to explore that really felt like you were just exploring them.

Basically, this is my idea for the next zelda game. A return to its roots, while still taking it in a new direction. The graphics would be Okami styled cel-shading, but not as whimsical. Basically, you would be a child the entire game. Link would explore the wilderness with much less cities and towns. You would go through forests and lakes and caves exploring. It would go back to Miyamoto's childhood, where he would work up the courage to enter a cave with a lantern or discover a lake. You would actually feel like you are exploring somewhere and not just going into a random themed area to do stuff. That is my kind of Zelda game...but also NPC-interaction with people throughout the world too. It depends. I like MM, but maybe that would be better in a seperate zelda game.
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2008, 12:36:09 am »
Stop lying to yourself Handhelds never last longer than 5 years and DS has been around since 2004
You do realize that Nintendo said that they're done with the console war, right? We would've seen an announcement of another handheld by now. Besides, the GBA lived out its life from 2001 to 2005.
There is.  lol...  DS2(unofficial title \) has been in development for some time now.

Back on subject:
For me, I would like to see a Zelda game from a third perspective.  No, not camera wise since we already have that, but a Zelda game that you are your own character, not Link or Zelda.  I would also like to see it done in an Oblivion style rpg.  That'd kick ass.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2008, 01:02:57 am »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
There is.  lol...  DS2(unofficial title \) has been in development for some time now.
And let me guess, your Nintendo friend gave you that little tidbit? lol
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.

Goodnight

Once and future Captain
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2008, 02:35:30 am »
  • With a Capital G
Quote from: me

Basically, this is my idea for the next zelda game. A return to its roots, while still taking it in a new direction. The graphics would be Okami styled cel-shading, but not as whimsical. Basically, you would be a child the entire game. Link would explore the wilderness with much less cities and towns. You would go through forests and lakes and caves exploring. It would go back to Miyamoto's childhood, where he would work up the courage to enter a cave with a lantern or discover a lake. You would actually feel like you are exploring somewhere and not just going into a random themed area to do stuff. That is my kind of Zelda game...but also NPC-interaction with people throughout the world too. It depends. I like MM, but maybe that would be better in a seperate zelda game.

Cool idea... never played Okami but it's style looks nice enough for Zelda to steal.

The last sentence (bolded) is good point. I think that while Ocarina of Time was like A Link to the Past perfectly realised in 3D, what you're talking about would be the earlier Zeldas in 3D.

Game Boy Evolution DURR!

Back on subject:
For me, I would like to see a Zelda game from a third perspective.  No, not camera wise since we already have that, but a Zelda game that you are your own character, not Link or Zelda.  I would also like to see it done in an Oblivion style rpg.  That'd kick ass.
Don't know Oblivion, but a third character sounds cool... I'd probably choose Impa. She was just the manly attendant / sage in OOT, but she was more prominent (and older) in the earlier comic book series. Or did you mean create your own character? That's would be a gaming hybrid for sure..
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2008, 04:24:37 am »

Back on subject:

that would be awesome. picking your own race and doing stuff for them. great now i want that thanks alot, lol.
xbox live: kirkking look me up!

your Romanian Captain Kirk speaking....yes i said Romanian....
dang it doesn't sound near as impressive on a worldwide board, than in a class of all Oklahomans, lol

-The non DJ Jordan.

When life gives you lemons, THROW THEM BACK AND DEMAND LIMES!"
thomas combs
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2008, 07:11:31 am »
The next LoZ for the Wii should actually be built for it, meaning that they should drop the waggle controls and put in actual swordsplay(and motion controls to do with some other items, too).  I've been playing No More Heroes recently and think something similar to that might be good.  Perhaps make it a bit more involving and give the enmies more health, and have the "Dark Side Mode" make more sense.

No auto-shielding, though.  Either get rid of it entirely or leave it up to where you hold the Nunchuk(up in front of you to defend and down/away if you don't want to).

Also, have the B Trigger be used to take out and put away your sword.  There's no reason to have five freaking items equiped at once, and I got annoyed a lot of the time when I would accidentaly swing my sword when I didn't mean to.

I don't know anything about bows or arrows, but perhaps when using them, you could pull the Wiimote back in order to shoot it farther and maybe hit harder, but you'd be in danger of breaking the string and you'd have to go buy a new one.

As for throwing bombs, pots, rocks, etc., it could depend on how hard you swing the Wiimote.  Maybe the same with the boomerang.  How hard you swing the sword might effect how much damage an enemy takes.

gm112

« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2008, 07:17:20 am »
The next LoZ for the Wii should actually be built for it, meaning that they should drop the waggle controls and put in actual swordsplay(and motion controls to do with some other items, too).  I've been playing No More Heroes recently and think something similar to that might be good.  Perhaps make it a bit more involving and give the enmies more health, and have the "Dark Side Mode" make more sense.

No auto-shielding, though.  Either get rid of it entirely or leave it up to where you hold the Nunchuk(up in front of you to defend and down/away if you don't want to).

Also, have the B Trigger be used to take out and put away your sword.  There's no reason to have five freaking items equiped at once, and I got annoyed a lot of the time when I would accidentaly swing my sword when I didn't mean to.

I don't know anything about bows or arrows, but perhaps when using them, you could pull the Wiimote back in order to shoot it farther and maybe hit harder, but you'd be in danger of breaking the string and you'd have to go buy a new one.

As for throwing bombs, pots, rocks, etc., it could depend on how hard you swing the Wiimote.  Maybe the same with the boomerang.  How hard you swing the sword might effect how much damage an enemy takes.
Valid point. I've never played TP Wii version, but I've played a couple Wii games that had the waggle control scheme.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2008, 07:33:15 am »
  • Silly cat!
I agree with the people saying Zelda needs to go back to Majora's Mask roots... gameplay wise.

I'd like to see a new "Bomber's Notebook", with lots of NPC interaction. And I'd like to see a A Link to the Past or original Legend of Zelda type overworld, with lots of hidden caves (that actually look different) and just little shrines and gardens and awesome places to explore, with little mythical stories revolving around them. And mostly, I just want something new and fresh, like what Wind Waker offered. And I know Nintendo is going to make the game very casual friendly on the outside, I just hope there's a lot of depth for those of us who want to dive.

Hoffy.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2008, 07:42:59 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
I agree with the people saying Zelda needs to go back to Majora's Mask roots... gameplay wise.

O_o thats an odd choice of words, considering MM was just a "branch" from another zelda game :P

---~ on that note ~---

Personally I think the zelda series needs to either end if its going to continue down the path its been trying to go down since MM, or it needs to go back to the classic style and try to reinvent it a bit. For me personally, Zelda has not been enjoyable since MM came out :(... OoT IMO was the last great zelda game. More dungeons (Yes. But done properly. Meaning; based on the item.), more interesting events (WW had a lot of interesting things to do before entering dungeons), and more unique items would make a better zelda game, but on top of all of that, intrinsic controls as well. The Wii is pretty "meh" for that style of game I think. Forced use of the GCN controller might be good lol.

Zelda games with only 4 dungeons !@#$% me off. The dungeon crawling and solving puzzles in them with the items you have was always the best part of the series, and they seem to like to strip that from the players by adding more "story" to a game that really doesn't have interesting characters. Link's a dungeon crawler who wants to save hyrule by stopping Ganon from using the triforce. Story over, now on to the gameplay :p
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2008, 02:50:35 pm »
This was probably already posted but Aonuma has expressed interest in remaking ALTTP since last year. I hope he doesn't go through with it, since OoT technically started as a 3D version of ALTTP but was scrapped in early development.

I can't see how the Wii functionality will make me want to play through the same dungeon designs. It'll have to have an online Four Swords component get me interested.

Speaking of FS, that should be the next Zelda title. Take notes from SquareEnix's FFCC Ring of Fates and give us that multiplayer experience on the Wii with Zelda.
  • MoldyBubbles

jon_hill987

« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2008, 08:46:13 pm »
I think it (the franchise) needs to go back to its roots with a LttP, top down type game with an epic overworld and 10 to 20 huge dungeons. It would be nice to see it on the DS as I think that the controls in PH worked perfectly, they are so natural to use.
In fact my ideal Zelda game would be "A Link to the Past" in the "Phantom Hourglass" engine for the DS.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 09:04:28 pm by jon_hill987 »
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2008, 08:49:42 pm »
  • 虫めづる姫君
What Nintendo needs to do is deliver a new Zelda game that is as great as Twilight Princess was supposed to be.
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2008, 08:51:40 pm »
  • ๏̯͡๏﴿
Zelda games need...prostitutes.  XD

lol j/k A redead boss would be awesome, but scary.
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2008, 09:44:27 pm »
  • Modrill made the avatar. I command you to like it.
I agree with the Majora's Mask stuff.

I'd also like more NPCs to talk to... More shrines to bump into (like holes and stuff). Less linearity. More life in the overworld (like seriously, TP's overworld was just barren. Thankfully, there's enemies on it, unlike in OoT [except for skullkids and peahats], but they're still only a handful). I want more... light... TP had the Twilight thing down... too well.

I don't mind the linearity too much as long as it doesn't feel like its linear... like Link's Awakening. Also, random bug-finding side quests?! :<

My Brawl FC is 1289-8196-4511. Don't expect me to be on all the time though.
  • Super Smash Karts

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2008, 09:49:15 pm »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
we need some small furry animals to tread over while on Epona!

errr... disregard that last comment...

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios

Giverny

Christ on Acid
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2008, 01:17:17 am »
  • Bitte Scheiße
LTTP was the best 2D one, so more like that would do. However, doing something as vile as LA would HURT the Zeld' series. WW and TP combined somehow would also make a near perfect 3D(Cel Shaded Twili Realm FTW)
THEGivernyPROJECT
~LynkW-Surrender Global
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2008, 01:54:27 am »
TP happened before OoT, right? Or was it after OoT? It couldn't have taken place after OoT, because the Great Sea was made during Majora's Mask, right?

Giverny

Christ on Acid
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2008, 02:00:17 am »
  • Bitte Scheiße
What art thou smoking?!

In this set f games that actually has a timeline, Its

OOT--> MM----> TP----------> WW
THEGivernyPROJECT
~LynkW-Surrender Global
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.359 seconds with 75 queries.

anything