Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zelda Medley on Piano  (Read 1520 times)

Zelda Medley on Piano
« on: May 08, 2008, 01:02:12 am »
Yeah, so after being really busy writing that commission for the school band (which is being played next week... in front of 600+ people lol, let's hope it goes kind of well XD) I worked a little bit on this zelda medley..
Here's the video for it. Opinions? lol
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15dHUHiLLA8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15dHUHiLLA8</a>
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=15dHUHiLLA8
Re: Zelda Medley on Piano
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 04:54:39 am »
  • :'O
Wow that great! God damn whats that song though? Stone Tower right?

CrystalAngel04

Resident ZFGC female
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 06:35:43 am »
  • \\*Caution*\\ The Internets: May contain Women
MP3 k? thx that was amazing to be honest, I'd love to hear it in better quality than a you tube video
  • -= Crystal Angel Creations =-

Goodnight

Once and future Captain
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 08:10:15 am »
  • With a Capital G
Only thing I didn't like was the transition from Hyrule Field to the re-arranged Epona's Song.. they share the end/beginning note but didn't sound right going from one to the next. I suppose a medley is allowed at least one small "break" like that. Everything else: damn sweet! Especially Epona to descending-chord Mayor's office, that was perfect.

Do you write things like this in notation, or just have enough piano skill to take a rough idea and improvise it together? Because I come up with similar things on guitar (not played nearly as well :P), but sitting and staring at my MIDI sequencer, it would rarely ever come out.
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 09:09:56 am »
That's really sweet :o! I wish I could play piano/keyboard that well  :(. I more or less just mess around and improvise... although I'm not too good at playing left hand as well. I like the hyrule field and midna's theme the most.
MP3 k? thx that was amazing to be honest, I'd love to hear it in better quality than a you tube video
Yes. Gimme it either in mp3 or a higher quality video.
Hey, and hope you're concert goes well. 600+ people is a lot to play to. Post a video, k? :)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 09:13:28 am by Darklight »
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2008, 12:03:38 am »
Heh, thanks for the comments.

@Crystal: Thanks, and I'll try getting a recording/higher quality version either tonight or tomorrow :p
@Goodnight: Hmm.. I agree that the change to Epona's theme sticks out from the rest of the piece, and I could see it not fitting it, but I personally kind of like the change of pace it gives things. I originally had the Serenade of Water there instead but the chord progression fit in perfectly with Epona's theme so I used that :p
As for notation/messing around, it's really just a combination of both... the medley started out as a small remix of me improvising with the songs and then I worked out a structure that seemed to work. I could have wrote it out in notation ( I planned to originally, but a video was faster) but it takes work to get it sounding realistic/emotional through digital notation programs on the computer :p
@Darklight: These days I'm less interested in playing already written songs, and I end up improvising a lot. I just applied my style of improv to the zelda songs lol.
I'll definitely get a high quality version soon lol. As for the concert, I'll get an audio recording for sure, not sure about video. lol

Samslime

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2008, 04:38:31 pm »
I can see that the keyboard you have bought is an YAmaha  :P i think that the old version of the one im going to buy when i get money :P still im stuck with my Yamaha DGX-200 :(but anyway you are good on playing :P
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 49 queries.