Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 39   Go Down

Author Topic: [SCREENS]Ocarina Of Time 2D FSA  (Read 223778 times)

[SCREENS]Ocarina Of Time 2D FSA
« on: September 06, 2008, 07:43:23 am »
Technical Data:
Resolution: 336 X 240
Dev Tool: Game Maker 8.0
Style: Four Swords Adventure
Resource Download: http://pyxosoft.com/downloads/oot2d_fsa.zip

Story:

Before time was time, three great goddesses descended upon the chaos that was and created the land of Hyrule; Din, goddess of power, Nayru, goddess of wisdom and Farore, the godess of courage.Din, using great magical flames, created the land, the sea, and all the minerals which would be scattered along the length, breadth and height of this new world; in doing so, she gave this new world the materials it could exist with. Nayru poured out her rich soul and gave the Spirit of Law onto the world, so that rivers would flow and the sun and moon would rise and fall with each day; this allowed Hyrule to have the knowledge by which it could exist. And finally, Farore then created all the lifeforms which would uphold the law, from the tiniest of insects to the largest and most powerful of animals; this gave Hyrule the will to exist.

The three great Goddesses, their labors completed, then departed for the heavens. However, at the point where the Goddesses left their new creation, they each left behind a golden triangle which contained the essence of their power. This mighty artifact, called the Triforce, though able to grant extremely powerful magic to whoever touched it, was infinitely delicate: if one who did not hold all three aspects of the Triforce - power, wisdom and courage - within perfect balance, the Triforce would split into its three aspects and the person who first touched the Triforce would be left and only one force would remain in his hand: the force which he most believed in. The remaining two aspects would take refuge within the hearts and minds of two who best personified the remaining aspects of the Triforce.

It was for this reason that seven Ancient Sages, at least one representing each of Hyrule's races, decided to hide the Triforce within a hidden Sacred Realm using a complex magical seal. Firstly, the only gate to the Sacred Realm would be the magnificent Temple of Time within Hyrule Town. In order for the magical door to be opened, one would have to hold the three Spiritual Stones of Fire, Water and the Forest. Then, they would have to play the sacred Song of Time on a magical instrument, the Ocarina of Time. Only then would the great stone Door of Time open, to reveal.....the Master Sword, standing within the Pedestal of Time. This was the final key needed to open he gate to the Sacred Realm; only one with a heart and mind devoid of any evil would be able to lift such a blade. This complex seal ensured only the most determined of seekers could have a hope of obtaining the Triforce, and that those who did enter the Sacred Realm could only do so with entirely good intentions.

Though complex, this seal was necessary due to an age-old prophecy: if one with a pure heart obtains the Triforce, Hyrule would be led into a new age of peace and prosperity. But if an evil hearted person obtained the Triforce, then he would begin a Great Cataclysm. Only the one who held the Master Sword would be able to stand against the man who began the Great Cataclysm.

Proof Of Concept Download (Old Engine)

Controls
Console = F1
Screen Size = F2
Right Button = D
Up Button = W
Left Button = A
Down Button = S
C Button Up = I (Navi)
C Button Right = L (Item Right)
C Button Left = J   (Item Left)
C Button Down = K (Item Down)
Button A = N  (Sword)
Button B = M (Context Action)
Button L = Q  (Mini-map)
Button R = E  (Shield)
Button Start = Enter (Menu)

Console
Press F1 to open and close the console. Type desired commands to execute. Press Enter to execute command.

Console Commands
goto: <room name>
eg: goto: kokiri forest
Rooms so far: ocarina test, kokiri shop, kokiri forest, hyrule field, temple of time, lost woods, sarias house, links house, deku tree 01, deku tree 02, deku tree 03, deku tree 04

navi color: <color>
eg: navi color: red
available colors: red, blue, green, light blue, purple, yellow

lower layer: on
lower layer: off
upper layer: on
upper layer: off
rain: on
rain: off

Download
http://www.pyxosoft.com/downloads/oot2d_12_01_01_binaries.zip

Team Dekunutz

Xfixium
Cypras
Ethelon
TomPel
Mamoruanime
DJvenom
noseblunt3
SinkinDevil
darklink45
dotyue
Jeod

Credits:
Cypras - Programmer
Ethelon - Sprites, Room Designer, Concepts
TomPel - Sprites, Room Designer
noseblunt3 - Sprites
DJvenom - Sprites
SinkinDevil - Sprites
Soulja - Sprites
aab - Sprites
.Takam - Sprites
Infini - FSA Graphics
Brown - FSA Tilesets
MaJora - Room Design Reference
Daz123 - Room Design Reference
HelpTheWretched - Sounds

Scripts:
ZFGC GM Minish Cap Engine - 4Sword, Niek
ZFGC Logo - drandula

Screens:
http://beta.zfgc.com/index.php/projects/gallery/index/8
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 06:08:57 pm by Xfixium »
  • Pyxosoft

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
Re: [wip]Ocarina Of Time 2D
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 07:54:51 am »
Time for some crits and praise

-Crits-
Dampe is mispelled
You need a space between and ! or a . and a New sentence

-Praise-
Best looking OOT2D I've seen
Looks like it has great potential
Good idea with the Room Editor

Based on what I've seen, I can give you an instant 8/10. This is my permentant rating. It could increase as you update the game.
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 07:59:40 am »
The first screen was in the process of the text engine. Before I had implemented tags for manual line breaks. Most of what I'm going to show is WIPs, since it only started a month ago. The clouds overlay everything which won't be in the final cut either. Plus I'll be changing up stuff on the fly.
  • Pyxosoft
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 09:43:30 am »
  • Credits to BaB
Nice work there Xfixium!
Well this looks promising so I thought I could bring some help :D
I'm way too lazy to use your Ocarina Room Editor but I'll just go ahead and give you two beautifully tiled maps :
Hyrule Field ALTTP style by Hoffy
Lake Hylia ALTTP style by MaJoRa
Dead Tree for the Lake Hylia map by Gilgamesh (Dascu)
Stone thing for the Lake Hylia map by TanukiMario

Oh and if you could add this before the intro of the game, it would be awesome :
ZFGC Intro

Keep up the good work!
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 09:50:55 am »
It looks very good, and seeing Xfixium working on this gives this project really a chance of becoming something.
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2008, 02:29:17 pm »
Thank you for the resources, and credit will be given! Keep 'em coming, the more, the better! The ZFGC logo will be done in some shape or form. Thanks for the encouragement!
  • Pyxosoft
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2008, 02:37:17 pm »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine
that looks really good, but why are you using MC link in a LTTP style game?

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2008, 02:41:58 pm »
It's in 4 Swords Adventure style, which does exactly the same thing. If your not familiar with it, a screen can be found here:

http://www.co-optimus.com/images/upload/image/zelda-four-swords-adventures-b.jpg

It's sort of a grab bag of LTTP, Minish Cap, and Wind Waker effects. I find that LTTP graphics are easier to deal with by many people as a whole. (Plus there's plenty of pre-existing resources) So that's why I felt this style was acceptable.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 02:44:17 pm by Xfixium »
  • Pyxosoft

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
Re: [WIP]Ocarina Of Time 2D
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2008, 03:02:36 pm »
  • The Mike
This looks awesome, I have to say. I hope this project makes a lot of progress because it looks like it could have potential.

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2008, 03:27:15 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
Looks pretty awesome man!

Is this an exact remake or what? Those few screenshots look a bit different :P

Either way, I know you'll get far even if you don't finish... I mean... you're the one who was working on Link's Awakening MC Style and that was awesome!

Good Luck.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2008, 03:41:18 pm »
Thanks, as for your question, I'm going to try and keep as much of the game intact as possible. (Please ignore the first screen shot, it was a test room from when it was started) however, keep it more 2D minded. That means things that have been tried and true for 2D games will take presence over more complicated 3D aspects.

Example: The battle system with lock on features that was presented in the 3D version, will not be translated to the 2D version. Why? Because that would be over complicating a system that has been tried and true for many years. Navi will still exist, and there will be lock on targets for long distance conversation and similar tasks, just not the actual combat aspects.

This is just my opinion, of course, I am open to suggestions.
  • Pyxosoft

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2008, 03:53:45 pm »
Good idea. That's very wise.
  • Phoenix Heart

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2008, 04:02:53 pm »
  • The Mike
Will there be any bonus content you could unlock or something like that?

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2008, 04:11:28 pm »
Personally, no, but I'd leave that up to the community. Kinda striving for a community feel for the project, and me kinda just fitting the pieces together, and filling up holes that need filling.
  • Pyxosoft
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2008, 05:04:22 pm »
  • The devil in the mirror.
Looks good so far, tho I'm not all too sure that the graphics style is right, just my opinion :P
Anyway, Good luck :)
Working on my Masters Degree in Computer Science.
Hey look, Zelda Coop....later.
Proud user of C++ for 9 years, and counting!
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2008, 05:18:49 pm »
Thanks. Yeah, I have read a lot of mixed feelings on 4 Swords Adv. style, it's not gonna please everyone. Just like any style really. I find it a nice throw back in this case. When the elements are put together right, it does some justice in motion.
  • Pyxosoft
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2008, 12:16:51 am »
Gasp, progress and a small team. Best of luck, can't wait to play!
Intel P4 3.2 GHZ
2.5GB SDRAM DDR400
350GB SATA
ATI RADEON HD 2600PRO 512MB
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy2 Z
Windows XP SP2

Current Projects: None.
- Trask
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2008, 03:25:21 am »
While I would love to see an original game from you Xfixium (your LA remake was looking excellent too) I know you have the talent and work ethic to make it at least up to the first boss like you have planned.

Looking forward to more

edit-
I can't get your tiling program to work, but here is my old kakariko for anyone who's interested in tiling it.
 - - - - - - - past - - - - - - - - - - - - - future - - - - - - -

It has a ton of nooby tiling errors, but it's still an accurate recreation, it makes for a useful guide basically.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 03:53:20 am by .TakaM »
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2008, 03:29:49 am »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
I actually have a feeling OOT2D can be done now. With the WWs and TPs, OOT doesn't seem like that big of a project anymore. I'm sure it is though and I wish you good luck.
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2008, 03:55:52 am »
Thanks, as for your question, I'm going to try and keep as much of the game intact as possible. (Please ignore the first screen shot, it was a test room from when it was started) however, keep it more 2D minded. That means things that have been tried and true for 2D games will take presence over more complicated 3D aspects.

Example: The battle system with lock on features that was presented in the 3D version, will not be translated to the 2D version. Why? Because that would be over complicating a system that has been tried and true for many years. Navi will still exist, and there will be lock on targets for long distance conversation and similar tasks, just not the actual combat aspects.

This is just my opinion, of course, I am open to suggestions.
I'm happy to hear you're not implanting the lock on battle system. Because I've seen some OOT2d remakes with it, and it just never felt right.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 39   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 74 queries.