Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 39   Go Down

Author Topic: [SCREENS]Ocarina Of Time 2D FSA  (Read 224616 times)

Re: [Screens]Ocarina Of Time 2D
« Reply #120 on: October 05, 2009, 04:07:02 pm »
I realized what I had to do awhile ago. I thought just taking the original texture and tiling it like normal would be the way. It is not, whether it's done inverted or not. It needs to be edited slightly, which is where I'm at right now. I'm going to match the attached image. Which should correct everything.
  • Pyxosoft
« Reply #121 on: October 05, 2009, 04:30:51 pm »
I realized what I had to do awhile ago. I thought just taking the original texture and tiling it like normal would be the way. It is not, whether it's done inverted or not. It needs to be edited slightly, which is where I'm at right now. I'm going to match the attached image. Which should correct everything.

yeah, that will do it.
« Reply #122 on: October 05, 2009, 04:39:00 pm »
looking great so far! makes other oot2d attempts look what they are...rubbish lol
thats a really nice deku tree sprite you made btw
did you make that rolling boulder in the kokiri blade area yourself or did you get it elsewhere?
if you dont mind, could i have it? i have many alttp custom sprites that ive made myself (been working on them for about 2-3 yrs on & off) so if you want to use any just ask and i'll send you a sprite sheet with what i have so far.
keep it up

Sorry I overlooked this post. The rolling boulder is an edit of .Takam's. Which was found in zfgc's resource section. I wouldn't mind seeing what you got sprite wise. :) The more options the better. If I use them, realize they will be released to the public on all major oot2d releases. Is that ok with you?
  • Pyxosoft
« Reply #123 on: October 05, 2009, 04:51:54 pm »
looking great so far! makes other oot2d attempts look what they are...rubbish lol
thats a really nice deku tree sprite you made btw
did you make that rolling boulder in the kokiri blade area yourself or did you get it elsewhere?
if you dont mind, could i have it? i have many alttp custom sprites that ive made myself (been working on them for about 2-3 yrs on & off) so if you want to use any just ask and i'll send you a sprite sheet with what i have so far.
keep it up

Sorry I overlooked this post. The rolling boulder is an edit of .Takam's. Which was found in zfgc's resource section. I wouldn't mind seeing what you got sprite wise. :) The more options the better. If I use them, realize they will be released to the public on all major oot2d releases. Is that ok with you?

yep, if you do decide to use any i dont mind them being released to the public. im planning to post them here in the graphics resource any way as soon as im 100% happy with what ive got.
please bear in mind that its FAR complete atm(about 15%) and extremely messy lol but that will be all sorted later on. i will send the sprite sheet to you soon...just gonna edit it a little
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 04:53:45 pm by Skeme KOS »
« Reply #124 on: October 05, 2009, 05:00:23 pm »
Sounds great! I also edited the overlay to what it seems to be in the game. (Without any alpha applied to the image mind you). *sigh* Maybe I should lay off attaching things. :-\
  • Pyxosoft
« Reply #125 on: October 06, 2009, 12:18:08 am »
mind you that works a lot better than before.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #126 on: October 06, 2009, 12:40:41 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Hmm...About the only thing I don't like about it now is that it appears as if it'd be too repetitive on larger rooms. I would almost suggest just having the original texture as a sprite, and make a controller object that draws it at certain points using alpha blending. That way instead of it repeating, it'd appear more natural and scattered.
« Reply #127 on: October 06, 2009, 12:52:21 am »
Hmm...About the only thing I don't like about it now is that it appears as if it'd be too repetitive on larger rooms. I would almost suggest just having the original texture as a sprite, and make a controller object that draws it at certain points using alpha blending. That way instead of it repeating, it'd appear more natural and scattered.

That will create problems. It wouldn't be a problem if I drew the filter on only the lower layer. Imagine how it would look when I apply it on the layer above Link. You don't want it to draw on Link or water. Which is why it is done using surfaces.

mind you that works a lot better than before.

Thanx. :) Did some more visual oriented stuff. I got a cloud texture on a primitive and it waves in the same manor FSA does. Imitating water. I changed the way shadows are drawn. I also got another font in there for the locations. Which happen once you enter a new area. Working to start the Navi object and finish off the rest of the dialog stuff, and I'll be ready to take a stab at the things leading up to Kokiri Forest. (Cut scenes, menu's and such).

EDIT: Another screen cause I feel like it. :P
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 01:00:24 am by Xfixium »
  • Pyxosoft

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #128 on: October 06, 2009, 10:06:46 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
I see that at least a majority if not all of your Kokiri forest is mapped out. That being said, what's the likelihood that we may see a graphical demo, or perhaps even a video of gameplay in the near future?

Also, I'm a big proprietor on the "use cave tiles for the deku tree interior" thing; honestly I think it'd look amazing with a filter applied. That way you don't have to worry about using sub-par tilesets (including my old Deku Tree interior tiles) for such a beautiful project D:

I would be very willing to make a super detailed entrance ala FSA if you'd like. (Kinda like how in FSA they have some hand-drawn larger tiles that add additional detail)

I should also note that in the event that you have the engine completed, and you no longer feel the drive to continue the project, I would totally finish it if you passed the torch D:
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 10:15:29 am by Mamoruanime »

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #129 on: October 06, 2009, 07:03:12 pm »
  • Xiphirx
Just out of curiosity, what are your computer specs and how long does it take to load the game?
  • For The Swarm
« Reply #130 on: October 06, 2009, 08:48:57 pm »
Zelda is always Zelda, so with Zelda fangames it's always the little things that stand out.

The day-to-night counter behind the rupees is subtle. I never would have thought to put one there, but it turns out to be the perfect placement. It looks very cool.

The minimap is fantastic. I read your interview, but the screens are what really does it justice. Very good idea there.

If I'm getting excited about a minimap, I can't imagine how good the actual game will be.  XD

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #131 on: October 06, 2009, 09:15:37 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
Just out of curiosity, what are your computer specs and how long does it take to load the game?

I believe he's using Gmare for his rooms, which actually makes things load super quickly.
« Reply #132 on: October 06, 2009, 09:25:45 pm »
Wow, a bunch of questions.

I see that at least a majority if not all of your Kokiri forest is mapped out. That being said, what's the likelihood that we may see a graphical demo, or perhaps even a video of gameplay in the near future?

That is a big piece of the puzzle right there. My first main goal is to get a video out of the initial engine. I think that will give everyone a feel for the game. I plan on doing this when we complete everything up to the first dungeon. Then a major demo release.

Also, I'm a big proprietor on the "use cave tiles for the deku tree interior" thing; honestly I think it'd look amazing with a filter applied. That way you don't have to worry about using sub-par tilesets (including my old Deku Tree interior tiles) for such a beautiful project D:

I'm striving for a totally original set. If that doesn't pan out the way I would like. (Which I doubt will happen) Then your old set will be first on my list. As it seems to be the best out there. I have some ideas in my head I'd like to try out. Also, the talented TomPel has lent his skills, so expect to see some work from him.

I would be very willing to make a super detailed entrance ala FSA if you'd like. (Kinda like how in FSA they have some hand-drawn larger tiles that add additional detail)

Your Samus picture was amazing. I have no doubt you could accomplish this in the FSA style. I just want to be sure of the finalized tile set first.

I should also note that in the event that you have the engine completed, and you no longer feel the drive to continue the project, I would totally finish it if you passed the torch D:

Don't know if you read my interview for project of the month. But on major releases, or if I ever decide to quit. (Whichever comes first) I will be dumping all source and resources for anyone to continue or refine.

It's a HP laptop:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo t5600 @ 1.83Ghz
Memory: 987Mhz 1.5GB of RAM
Video: GeForce Go 7400

Loading Time: (From when the loading bar is visible) 3 to 5 seconds. This will be faster when I optimize the resources. Like halving sprites and such. Everything is in test mode at the moment.

Zelda is always Zelda, so with Zelda fangames it's always the little things that stand out.

The day-to-night counter behind the rupees is subtle. I never would have thought to put one there, but it turns out to be the perfect placement. It looks very cool.

The minimap is fantastic. I read your interview, but the screens are what really does it justice. Very good idea there.

If I'm getting excited about a minimap, I can't imagine how good the actual game will be.

I think when a video is released, it'll show how smooth this game can run. I also plan on having 2 FPS modes: 30 and 60. Just in case 60 FPS is too intensive. Learned that from 4Sword.

I believe he's using Gmare for his rooms, which actually makes things load super quickly.

This is pretty spot on. I have found by experimentation that creating tile objects in GM is kinda slow. The GMare .bin files are really small, and load very quickly. It doesn't create tile objects from the data. Instead tile data is drawn directly to the screen.
  • Pyxosoft
« Reply #133 on: October 06, 2009, 10:08:08 pm »
That GMare is sounding increasingly more interesting if it saves time. Is depth/multilayers preserved when using it or can it best be seen a type of "background".
« Reply #134 on: October 06, 2009, 10:23:44 pm »
Well, it offers the same tools Game Maker offers, but includes things like tile swapping, bucket filling, easy multi tile selection, magnification and intuitive layers. It's more of a throw back to RPG Maker's map editor.

It does not offer tile overlapping on the same layer. Personally I never used this option. Mainly because of my paranoia of having useless tiles I can't see in the room. Also, I haven't come to a situation where I need to have 2 tiles in the same spot on the same layer. Although, I'm not everyone, and I want to make people aware of this.

Depth and multilayers are always preserved. If I'm understanding you correctly. Once you have a room made, you can export it in a few ways. Directly to a GM project, to an optimized .bin file (oot2d uses this feature), or to an image file, which can save whatever layers you choose.
  • Pyxosoft
« Reply #135 on: October 06, 2009, 10:38:03 pm »
Sounds good. I'll definetly put some effort into trying it out. Any guesses as to when it'll be finished for the rest of us? Give or take a month.
« Reply #136 on: October 06, 2009, 10:54:43 pm »
I've been working on it off and on for awhile now. Honestly, I could have it done in a month. I just don't have that kind of time. So I'm baby stepping things in. Honestly, I couldn't give you a clear deadline on when it'll be completed. I will be updating it in the Other WIP section of ZFGC.
  • Pyxosoft

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #137 on: October 07, 2009, 09:43:33 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
One thing that may optimize your room loading speeds would be separating sections of rooms that load only when they're a tile away from being on the screen. I've found with purela anyway that it worked beautifully; literally no load time. Not sure if you're doing that already, but if you could force the game to not attempt to draw the tiles if they're not near the screen, it'd make things run extra smoothly. Although it doesn't sound like you're having many issues with the room loading at all; seems more like slowdown from just the general resources :P In which case, I would almost suggest having gmare also compile other resources into bin files as well (images, etc)
« Reply #138 on: October 07, 2009, 10:58:11 pm »
One thing that may optimize your room loading speeds would be separating sections of rooms that load only when they're a tile away from being on the screen. I've found with purela anyway that it worked beautifully; literally no load time. Not sure if you're doing that already

Actually, I'm happy overall with the load times. The Kokiri Forest is a decently sized room, and it loads very fast.

but if you could force the game to not attempt to draw the tiles if they're not near the screen, it'd make things run extra smoothly.

Already doing that. :) It'd run like crap if I didn't.

seems more like slowdown from just the general resources. In which case, I would almost suggest having gmare also compile other resources into bin files as well (images, etc)

The load time for the game is about on par with a GM empty project load time. I'm not worried about resources slowing down the load time. (I hardly have any :P) If it ever does become a problem, I'll look into your suggestion.
  • Pyxosoft

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #139 on: October 07, 2009, 11:02:18 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
Ah lol I was under the assumption that it was loading a bit slower :) Answered my questions lol
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 39   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 75 queries.