Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 39   Go Down

Author Topic: [SCREENS]Ocarina Of Time 2D FSA  (Read 224118 times)

Re: [Screens]Ocarina Of Time 2D
« Reply #160 on: October 17, 2009, 07:06:26 pm »
New update. I haven't been doing much graphically. Just cleaning up the code I have already to share with the people who have said they would help out. Going to upload that soonish. I'm getting the Temple Of Time tileset together. I already have a WIP made in my image editor. Almost done with it. The filter will most likely be lighter in the finished product. I need to edit the entrance and it'll be finalized.

What is done in my image editor so far:
  • Pyxosoft

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #161 on: October 17, 2009, 07:21:46 pm »
Dude that is almost perfect. Except for 2 things which Im sure you will solve.

The octogon plinth at the bottom half of the screen has the emblem of light on it. Not the triforce
There should be light shining from the glass windows. Will make it look more impressive

Solving these problems will result in a full 10/10. Atm it's 9/10
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 07:24:18 pm by King Tetiro »
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #162 on: October 17, 2009, 07:35:39 pm »
Thanks for the critique. :)

1. I'm playing along while I do resources. There is a Triforce there, along with the emblem. Which I didn't sprite yet.

2. Yes, that is definitely in the cards. Post effect.
  • Pyxosoft
« Reply #163 on: October 17, 2009, 07:37:15 pm »
The entrance looks a little bit weird. My first thought was that it looked a bit like a cave entrance and not a temples. It could use some finishing touches.
« Reply #164 on: October 17, 2009, 07:47:04 pm »
Just a thought. If you group together the pillars and windows on the left and right side a little more the difference in perspective with the rest of the room (=6 pillars) might become less appearent.
« Reply #165 on: October 17, 2009, 07:49:56 pm »
The entrance looks a little bit weird. My first thought was that it looked a bit like a cave entrance and not a temples. It could use some finishing touches.

Yes, indeed. I said this in my original post though.

Just a thought. If you group together the pillars and windows on the left and right side a little more the difference in perspective with the rest of the room (=6 pillars) might become less appearent.

I will give it a go. I may choose another window type.
  • Pyxosoft

Zhello

N.A.D.I.
« Reply #166 on: October 17, 2009, 10:31:08 pm »
  • L'homme avec beaucoup de noms.
New update. I haven't been doing much graphically. Just cleaning up the code I have already to share with the people who have said they would help out. Going to upload that soonish. I'm getting the Temple Of Time tileset together. I already have a WIP made in my image editor. Almost done with it. The filter will most likely be lighter in the finished product. I need to edit the entrance and it'll be finalized.

What is done in my image editor so far:

holy crap that looks nice :o
The IT Guy
Intermediate Coder
Linux is a wonderful thing
~Linkwolf48/Gumstone1080~

The Legend of Zelda - New Beginnings

http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=34986.0
1.6 Demo -
https://www.dropbox.com/s/56km0iadaras56g/LoZNB%20Game%20Folder.rar?dl=0

Side Projects:

Dragon Diary - Cybernetic Threat
Story: http://wiki.zfgc.com/Cybernetic_Threat

Aero88
ZFGC is like the Hotel California.  You can come in but you can never leave!

devianart: http://linkwolf48.deviantart.com/
« Reply #167 on: October 18, 2009, 10:04:11 am »
It's so hard to do the Temple of Time right, this has got to be one of the best attempts I've seen  :)
« Reply #168 on: October 18, 2009, 09:41:32 pm »
Thank you. There are now people helping me out. As I mentioned earlier. TomPel is mapping out some areas. He's done some Kokiri interiors. Also, Mammy is lending his skills designing Dodongo's Cavern rooms.
  • Pyxosoft
« Reply #169 on: October 19, 2009, 12:49:34 am »
perfect kokiri house *-*
mido's house correct?

Goodnight

Once and future Captain
« Reply #170 on: October 19, 2009, 01:23:21 am »
  • With a Capital G
I haven't bothered looking at many WIPs lately, but Nice Work!

If you want to get that timer operational, there should be a copy of my Majora's Mask clock engine somewhere on these boards. You'd just have to remove the day limitations and change the speed, which is easy since the code is all commented. Come to think of it, the clock's frame in your screenshots looks an awful lot like the one I drew. ;)

Some other old examples I made could be easily upgraded for a newer GM with better coding. You mentioned having certain items or characters work with targeting - that was the 2nd ever thing I made with GM. It included a dynamically updating order for multiple targets based on distance & priority, and an optional feature that makes Link's movement curve around the target, but that part would have to be re-written to work with your movement code.

If someone can figure out how to change sound pitches in GM7, I could remake the 1st thing I made with GM; an Ocarina engine that was only good with 5.3. You could actually hold and bend notes, record and play back, etc.

Also, this is the same thing I said to TRM many years ago: I think the shading on the Temple of Time's teleport pad is backwards, because there's a big light source coming from the door. :P

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #171 on: October 19, 2009, 01:55:53 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
DJvenom sends a request-- lol

He was hoping you'd change his name in the credits page from DjVenom to DJvenom
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 04:43:02 am by Mamoruanime »
« Reply #172 on: October 19, 2009, 06:04:38 am »
This is great, it's turning into a community effort :)
Also, I'd be happy to remake some music in looping form, if you need. I'm getting a nice $800 orchestral soundbank in the next week or two, so it should sound nice. I'd give me good practice learning how to use it too.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 06:06:46 am by Darklight »
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #173 on: October 19, 2009, 07:26:49 am »
I have a couple of questions.

Are you working on the game in the same order it plays or are you doing different bits here and there?

Have any ideas on how your going to get the water temple's multiple floors to work? I really would like to see a clever way of getting it done.
  • Don't let me down

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #174 on: October 19, 2009, 07:28:21 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Have any ideas on how your going to get the water temple's multiple floors to work? I really would like to see a clever way of getting it done.

I would assume he's going to do that the same way that lttp handles multiple floors in a room :p

You could completely rebuild the Water Temple using lttp's existing engine simply by having multiple maps with multiple modes (flooded/not flooded) for each one. Easy Peasy
« Reply #175 on: October 19, 2009, 07:33:31 am »

I would assume he's going to do that the same way that lttp handles multiple floors in a room :p

You could completely rebuild the Water Temple using lttp's existing engine simply by having multiple maps with multiple modes (flooded/not flooded) for each one. Easy Peasy
Funny you say that, I gave that same suggestion but then deleted it out of my post. Mine went something like:

"I'd suggest you make each bit of the water a dive-able spot and each floor a separate room. That was as water levels change all floors below the water are still accessible."
  • Don't let me down
« Reply #176 on: October 19, 2009, 09:55:15 pm »
perfect kokiri house *-*
mido's house correct?

*ding ding* Correct. Credits to TomPel who designed it.

If you want to get that timer operational, there should be a copy of my Majora's Mask clock engine somewhere on these boards. You'd just have to remove the day limitations and change the speed, which is easy since the code is all commented. Come to think of it, the clock's frame in your screenshots looks an awful lot like the one I drew.

Thanx, I'll look into the clock engine. Didn't know you drew a clock frame. Mine started off huge when I first rendered it. I eventually shrunk it down and stuffed it in the corner. I'm curious in seeing how yours looks to mine.

Some other old examples I made could be easily upgraded for a newer GM with better coding. You mentioned having certain items or characters work with targeting - that was the 2nd ever thing I made with GM. It included a dynamically updating order for multiple targets based on distance & priority, and an optional feature that makes Link's movement curve around the target, but that part would have to be re-written to work with your movement code.

Not doing the targeting for general combat. I never liked the curved movement for a 2D game. However, I will need to target some things like people far away, enemy data etc.. ect... I think this code should be pretty easy to do though.

Also, this is the same thing I said to TRM many years ago: I think the shading on the Temple of Time's teleport pad is backwards, because there's a big light source coming from the door.

lol, very logical. I'll change that.

DJvenom sends a request-- lol

He was hoping you'd change his name in the credits page from DjVenom to DJvenom

My bad will do.

This is great, it's turning into a community effort Smiley
Also, I'd be happy to remake some music in looping form, if you need. I'm getting a nice $800 orchestral soundbank in the next week or two, so it should sound nice. I'd give me good practice learning how to use it too.

Yeah, tell me about it. Probably should be the community project. It makes sense when you consider the site's origin. :P Awesome! I could use great music. I have experimented with .mp3 support for GM, and it seems to suck. I have seen a .dll for FMOD. That may be the answer for higher quality non-midi tracks.

Are you working on the game in the same order it plays or are you doing different bits here and there?

Different bits here and there it seems. We have things in WIPs.
  • Pyxosoft
« Reply #177 on: October 19, 2009, 10:40:55 pm »
i am very interested in helping out in this games development(on the graphical side) and understandably i suppose you need to view some of works before you consider letting me assist. im still working on that sprite sheet before i show it to you but ive decided instead to recreate kokiri forest using some of my unfinished sprites to give you a quick example of my skills. i will start work on it now and send it you once finished.
« Reply #178 on: October 19, 2009, 11:03:09 pm »
Sure, lets see what you got.

On a side note, corrected the shadow on the Temple Of Time. I know it fits the light source, but does it look good? (Please ignore the window light WIP)
  • Pyxosoft

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #179 on: October 20, 2009, 12:16:51 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
I think it looks good, though I've never been a fan of overrealism in a Zelda game. Since the player never sees both the door and the shadow at the same time, it may look odd.

Lttp always used a general lightsource, regardless of if there were an entrance or something emitting light near objects. Although, with this being much more graphical, I think it fits :p
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 39   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 75 queries.