Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Have gamers given up on the Wii yet?  (Read 8191 times)

Re: Have gamers given up on the Wii yet?
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2008, 03:39:59 am »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
I don't see any good games coming out any time soon. I think I'm starting to grow out of gaming...it's just starting to seem so childish.

I've pretty much grown out of gaming too.  Not necessarily because I think it's childish, but because games can never hold my interest anymore.  Even games I used to play non-stop when I was younger get boring after, like, ten minutes.
I agree. It seems really upsetting, seeing as Zelda dominated my childhood, but if the new Zelda game came out tomorrow, I don't think I would care about it that much. It's depressing really, but I just seem to be drifting away from them. I started playing FFIV DS, but that couldn't keep me entertained, and neither could Super Mario RPG.

(in before "no wonder, those games suck")
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2008, 04:51:01 am »
  • Wu tang Forever
I feel the same way.
Games in general definitely don't have the appeal they once did for me. I will still play them to pass the time, but I won't get waay into them like I used to.
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2008, 08:41:54 am »
I haven't given up on the Wii yet.  I don't think it will continue this sea of casual games with one or two good games per year.  Not saying casual games or gamers are bad, I just don't enjoy them.  I'm waiting for the next Zelda and Mario games.  Hopefully there's more to look forward to but for now, I'm waiting for something but I'm not entirely expecting it.

under the alias DarkLink6235
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2008, 09:12:40 am »
Animal Crossing, Wario Land: Shake It, MadWorld, The Conduit, Disaster: Day of Crisis, Captain Rainbow(?). There are quite a few Wii games I'm looking forward to.

EDIT: Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, Skate It, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, Tenchu 4, Mushroom Men: The Spore Wars, de Blob.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 09:21:40 am by Racoon Boy »

Mario Kart Wii Friend Code: 4468-1342-3783

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2008, 09:22:34 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
There is relatively nothing interesting for me on the Wii. Even games like Mario Galaxy were only fun for a short while for me :\
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2008, 09:42:44 am »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine
I am a loner waiting for good games.

The Conduit anyone?

Im with you on this one.

Animal Crossing, Wario Land: Shake It, MadWorld, The Conduit, Disaster: Day of Crisis, Captain Rainbow(?). There are quite a few Wii games I'm looking forward to.

EDIT: Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, Skate It, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, Tenchu 4, Mushroom Men: The Spore Wars, de Blob.

And with you.

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2008, 02:07:11 pm »
  • ๏̯͡๏﴿
I haven't given up...i mean yeah it may not have many good games coming out...but what it already has is better than what the other 2 consoles have.
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2008, 02:12:59 pm »
I haven't given up...i mean yeah it may not have many good games coming out...but what it already has is better than what the other 2 consoles have.

Oh, I'm intrigued.

Anyways, I gave up on the Wii almost instantly, brought it, played it, sold it. It was !@#$%.

PS3 and 360 are a no brainer this generation, best value for money, far better games, and it actually appeals to gamers, instead of this crappy casual audience.

CrystalAngel04

Resident ZFGC female
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2008, 02:45:12 pm »
  • \\*Caution*\\ The Internets: May contain Women
I'm only wondering why it bothers people that some of us aren't disappointed with the Wii.

Pretty much that.
So far I'd say the Wii has been a better console than the gamecube, and the gamecube was perfectly satisfying for me.
I already have a couple dozen wii games and I've only finished about 6 of them, whoever has enough time to get through any consoles top games and complain about a drought must have no life.

This^^ Seriously... I wish I had time to play more but these days I just don't. I personally love having my wii with me at college though since its a nice way to bring people together which I havn't seen and XBox360 or PS3 do (it was sad really, my one neighbor at school just got the new Hockey game for 360 and just wouldn't leave his room... I seriously just went in and yelled "Hey look! I'm naked!" and he didn't budge... yay antisocial I guess...). I'm at a point in life where I don't have the luxury to brood in a dark basement or dorm room for hours unless its the summer or winter breaks. If a game comes out around then that catches my interest woo! If not thats fine too.... It's not an international crisis and it most definately doesn't make the Wii bad.
  • -= Crystal Angel Creations =-

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2008, 02:58:31 pm »
  • b e p i s
I'm only wondering why it bothers people that some of us aren't disappointed with the Wii.

Pretty much that.
So far I'd say the Wii has been a better console than the gamecube, and the gamecube was perfectly satisfying for me.
I already have a couple dozen wii games and I've only finished about 6 of them, whoever has enough time to get through any consoles top games and complain about a drought must have no life.

This^^ Seriously... I wish I had time to play more but these days I just don't. I personally love having my wii with me at college though since its a nice way to bring people together which I havn't seen and XBox360 or PS3 do (it was sad really, my one neighbor at school just got the new Hockey game for 360 and just wouldn't leave his room... I seriously just went in and yelled "Hey look! I'm naked!" and he didn't budge... yay antisocial I guess...). I'm at a point in life where I don't have the luxury to brood in a dark basement or dorm room for hours unless its the summer or winter breaks. If a game comes out around then that catches my interest woo! If not thats fine too.... It's not an international crisis and it most definately doesn't make the Wii bad.

I completely agree. The only time I really play single-player games is when I actually have alone time not being spent on writing. My frequency is not as rare as CA's, but her story bascially fits what I'm going through: I don't have time anymore for the four-disc epics I used to love.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2008, 04:57:22 pm »
I'm not at all disappointed with the Wii. I really couldn't see myself liking most of the titles for the XBox 360 and PS3. I'll play the occasional first person shooter or whatever but honestly I guess they just don't fit in with what I term as a real gamer (not that I could really be considered a gamer anymore but meh).
I made a thing! Please try the thing, it's what the kids are calling a "vidja game" for the iOS Splashy Bucket
  • Fictitious Spoon Productions

mit

« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2008, 05:07:16 pm »
  • QBASIC programmer since age 4. Take that, world.
I gave up on Nintendo after they called their console the "wii" and gave it a stupid controller.

Programmer / Spriter / Level designer / Game Director / Web Designer / Music Sequencer for
Random Highscore table:

Play the Kousou Arcade today!
  • Kousou Games
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2008, 07:28:57 pm »
  • Your expression has changed too
I gave up on Nintendo after they called their console the "wii" and gave it a stupid controller.

The name was announced a long time after the controller was. It was the name that made you give up on it? Seriously?
Ghoster Poster
  • I have a Twitter if you're into that kinda thing
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2008, 10:11:52 pm »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine

The name was announced a long time after the controller was. It was the name that made you give up on it? Seriously?

If it is, that seems a bit silly...
The controller fine, Its not for everyone. But basing it off a name?
"Lord of the Rings" sound lame but the books/films are awesome.

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2008, 10:13:30 pm »

Its a little bit more understandable compared to Wii though. Seriously, wtf was Nintendo thinking?
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2008, 10:17:08 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
They were thinking of a nonsense word that can be easily pronounced by people around the world. It's not the greatest name, but I think humanity is dealing with it.
  • Lionfish Apps

mit

« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2008, 10:37:51 pm »
  • QBASIC programmer since age 4. Take that, world.

"Lord of the Rings" sounds and always did sound epic and awesome, well before I'd read the books, well before the films came out.

I could deal with it being called the wii though. What actually made me give up on nintendo was Twilight Princess, that was so disappointing I basically lost all faith in their games from then on.
Programmer / Spriter / Level designer / Game Director / Web Designer / Music Sequencer for
Random Highscore table:

Play the Kousou Arcade today!
  • Kousou Games

Source

Internet Tough Guy.
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2008, 10:46:04 pm »
  • Things to see and people to do.
After such a long gaming drought, with almost no games to look forward to on the horizon, and after Nintendo has repeatedly and blatantly shunned its fans, is the Wii still as popular here as it used to be?

Admittedly, I'm not as pro-Wii as I used to be, but in Nintendo's defense, they have already announced that more games are coming to the platform, and no, I don't mean Wii Sports Resort and Wii Music. Rather, we have a new Zelda game coming, along with - oh hell, what was that game called? The one having to do with the Himalayas? Yeah, that looks promising.

Not only that, but the new hardware coming to it could possibly improve gameplay. Wii MotionPlus is pretty cool, and it should cause for improved accuracy, but the one I'd like to see more of is WiiSpeak. Imagine playing an adventure game and having to actually say the spell rather than press a button to shoot a fireball.

Besides, when Nintendo starts doing something with WiiWare, we may see some interesting homebrew titles up for grabs. You never know.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone thought to themselves "You know, I really want to set those people over there on fire." - George Carlin

(!@#$%)

Hear the haunting words (They'll find you alone)
lost children with no heart are crying (Turning their hearts into stone)
and you're the lost mother they're calling
Go now, run and hide (seek more than vengeance)
I hear them crying at night (your pain is their satisfaction)
outside when the planets are falling (for the rest of time)
They want to feel and know you hear them (Go now, run and hide)

• http://giantcock.netne.net/

Fox

Turnbeutelvergesser since 1988.
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2008, 10:48:13 pm »
I know I sound like a desperate little !@#$%, but I think the following.

Right now Nintendo is in a longer-lasting era of crap. Let's face it, nothing good is coming from them anymore. Right now they have a mediocre console that's family-friendly (which is !@#$%, your family is either too stupid to figure it out, too lazy to use it or too discouraged by the fact it's a video-game) and has a control that's just like "real life".

POINT THAT WIIMOTE AT YOUR ENEMY AND IT FEELS LIKE A REAL GUN.

Because obviously every game has ever held a gun and knows the feeling. Besides, it can feel as real as they want it to, it's still just a game. Many games and their plots are supposed to give you the feeling you are part of the game, but what the controls of the Wii does is just a bit too delusional.

That said, I don't find the controlling devices bad. It's still fun to play.

Anyway, back to what I was planning to say. While Nintendo is in deep poop right now and they abandoned the fanbase, which is the major target-group they should be concentrating on, I think it all will work again soon. Don't ask me how, it's just what I feel.

Remember that recent era when there were like, four or five Zelda-games on different consoles released? So what have you heard about a new game since TP has been released? Nothing. Oh, sorry, yeah. "GUYS WE ARE WORKING ON A ZELDA FOR THE WII SRSLY". That's about it though.

Sounds like a bad thing? It really isn't. If they take their time for a game, it means that for a change they might actually get back to making something that's actually decent and not rushed by a bunch of tards who heard about the series for some time now and are REAL FANS WHO DESERVE IT LOLOL.

A.K.A. non-gamers. Guys who just buy a console to be different from their communities.

So I haven't really given up on Nintendo, I just think they're !@#$% right now.

AND THAT COMING FROM SOMEONE WHO DEVOTED HIS LIFE TO THEM AND CONSIDERS THEM AS MUCH AS A PART OF HIS LIFE AS HIS OWN FAMILY.

I could deal with it being called the wii though. What actually made me give up on nintendo was Twilight Princess, that was so disappointing I basically lost all faith in their games from then on.
Taking a bit too far. I think you're biased by two things.

a.) Everyone says Twilight Princess is !@#$%.
b.) Ever since you played the better (best) Zelda-games, you have a standard. From that point on, every Zelda-game that is only slightly worse is instantly bad.

Don't worry, I was the same.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 10:50:13 pm by Fox »
  • Me on deviantART
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2008, 12:32:54 am »
Oh !@#$%, Swoftu is on anti-Nintendo crusade again.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 75 queries.

anything